Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 11-10-2006, 05:02 PM   #1
white_XR8

Cool What should i get?? ideas

I have a EF xr8 with EL full body kit.
THe engine is standard 165kw i would like to get it around 200kw without turboing, my questions is what parts for the car would i need to get around 200kw without killing the pocket?
MODS At the moment:
- 18inch BF GTP wheels
- Sequential Scoop
- Herrords redback exhuast with hotdog from back muffler.

IF you guys can give me a general idea on what to get, i would like to get extractors (KW gain?), cam?, pod filter ?
What kilowatts gains would these things give me aswell as general ideas from you guys. cheers.

white_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2006, 05:46 PM   #2
DEVL-XR
EBII XR6

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

extractors first (no idea what performance gain they give you, then maybe a cam and performance chip package (try chiptorque maybe, they advertise about 20 - 25 kw gain approx. check out the web site.) i dont think a pod filter will do much, just induction noise.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:34 PM   #3
AshMan
Girrrrr!!!

ok the gtp rims won't give you extra KW...

and 200kW out of a NA engine isn't THAT much to ask, it all comes down to reliability, and how much you want to spend.

The cylinder head shop we use basically charge for porting by the hour sort of thing, if you want a small improvement, it will cost you a small amount, if you want a large improvement it will cost you more...

Do the usually crap, extractors, cam, vernier, chip, port and polish, raise compression, etc etc...

how fat is your wallet?

Heritage green, isn't that a fence paint?
AshMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2006, 10:10 PM   #4
mcflux
Banned
Donating Member1

Guys, it's a Windsor we're talking about.

A cam job is a major thing for these engines, since it's underneath everything ;)

Plus we've got two heads to deal with, etc etc.

white_XR8, for a 200fwkw Windsor, I'd suggest upgrading your entire exhaust, fitting an Explorer or better intake (the std HO is shyte), and probably a good chip/tune. That'll get you over the 200fwkw mark.

The extractors MUST go if you want to make any power. And the standard intake is probably the next most restrictive item. Then the throttle body and mass airflow unit. But a decent chip/tune would offer better results than changing the t/b and MAF. I went t/b and MAF actually and the tune isn't quite optimal ;)
mcflux is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post