Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 07-12-2011, 03:21 PM   #1
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Default Valuation - of my car?

I have 2009 WS Ford Fiesta Zetec with Tinted windows and aall the features invovled and in excellent condition with 48,000+ on the clock. What value amount is it worth for my car? I bought the car at $26,000 in September 2009.

I was thinking that my car is worth $17,500 or above at the today's standards however not sure though, I am in the thinking mode to consider to upgrade for a bigger car - possible a small 4WD. Still thinking....

Old 07-12-2011, 04:40 PM   #2
Fiesta_Man69
Banned

Default Re: Valuation - of my car?

General rule: look on carsales, find similar kms and spec car and take at least another 10% off the price. Not solid but a general guide as to what cars really sell for
Fiesta_Man69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2011, 05:43 PM   #3
shevek

Seems like a high purchase price. Maybe you have LOTS of add-ons. I paid 20.5k OTR for a new 4-door zetec in Feb 2010. Aftermarket tinting.
With that as a guide, 17.5k seems optimistic.
shevek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2011, 06:37 PM   #4
GoesLikeAZetec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$26k seems very high unless it was an auto maybe?

$22k-23k seemed the norm from memory. Unfortunately you never buy new cars if your worried about losing money. As soon as you drive it off the lot you've lost a few k.

I agree with the others 15-17k is what seems to be on carsales for a 2009 Zetec. Good Luck
GoesLikeAZetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2011, 08:31 PM   #5
OZXR4
formally ozmondeo

Someone must have seen you coming. I paid $25000 for my 2008 xr4 fiesta in august 2008. That was with tint and other stuff thrown in.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:13 AM   #6
JClarke
Deaf Driver

thanks for your input guys, still thinking... my girlfriend is currently in the talks of how much the value of my car would be as we speak.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:24 PM   #7
trumpy73

FiestaMan is on the money. The best indication if value is Carsales (private listings) with a 10% deduction for the usual haggling buffer.

At a quick glance I'd say it'll be worth around 15-16K if sold privately and 12-13K if you trade-in. If a dealer is offering you significantly greater than 13K as a trade-in you can be assured that you're getting screwed on your purchase price of the other car.
trumpy73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2011, 08:35 PM   #8
break
Starter Motor

Unfortunately, options are worth next to nothing to the re-sale value of a car. Particularly worthless things like paint protection, scotchguarding and tinting.

Even 'expensive' options barely increase re-sale in most cars.

For example, with my old Polo GTI, it had both the heated leather ($2400 option) and sunroof ($1800) option from the factory.... yet when I bought it (second hand from the original owner) a few years ago, those options caused the resale to only be $500-1000 better than cars with similar age/condition/kms etc.
break is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2011, 11:57 PM   #9
fiestaz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Probably looking at about $14 - $15K at a guess.... I bought my 2011 Ford Fiesta Zetec Manual 3 months ago for $19990... There are deals out there which unfortunately doesnt help resale.....

and with extra's, most will unfortunately not count for much. Although it does depend on the type of extra's you have.
fiestaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2011, 08:30 PM   #10
greenfoam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My wife was saying the other day she'd take 10 grand trade in for the Fiesta (125,000ks on it) on a new Focus. I told her she may as well keep it another couple of years since it'll still be worth 5 grand with 200,000 on it
greenfoam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-12-2011, 02:04 PM   #11
JClarke
Deaf Driver

I have decided at all odds, I am keeping my car becuase the car is too good to be for sale and I love my car- it didnt hurt to ask around, and for your inputs. the trade in prices from the dealers the maximum was 11,000 dollars. They can go and get stuffed. My car is great at long trips anyway!
Old 31-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #12
JClarke
Deaf Driver

Otherwise, things change, I have sold my car this week - for $11,200
with some unfortunate body damages but I am no longer the owner of the fiesta now because I am collecting a brand new SUV this afternoon. So it has been great being a member here but I will still come here every now and then to see if I can give any advice to these people about these fiestas. The fiesta car I had was great, but I am in desire for a bigger car. It was a great car to drive really. Adios for now
Old 31-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #13
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

goodo, just thought i'd add a bit more info here. Was quoted in the 19,000 region for a new WT Zetec manual off the floor recently.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post