Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 28-02-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
notty1978
NOTTY

Default XR6 Turbo Questions

Hi Everyone

Anyone out there who has BA XR6 turbo manual.
I need to know what is the ideal Items and type that everyone has on there cars
This will save me trying things that dont work or are ********

1/ blow off valve ( loud one )

2/ air filter (k&N ) or pod filter

3/ exhaust ( loud one )

So if anyone can help put me in the right direction or i need is brand names what most people have on there cars

Thanks'

Matthew

Old 28-02-2010, 07:15 PM   #2
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Loud blow-off valve is illegal - go and buy a wrx with one already attached.
Air filter - K&N. Pod filter illegal unless in an enclosed set-up - go and buy a vl turbo with one on it already
Exhaust - a high flow one will cause the computer to reduce your power, a loud one is illegal. Go and buy a nissan with a loud one on already.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but making your car illegal is not what the forums are for.
It sounds like you bought the wrong car. I do suggest you sell your turbo immediately and buy a rice racer. Any turbo nissan will do
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
Old 28-02-2010, 07:23 PM   #3
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11217698

We have an area dedicated to the XR6T.

http://fordforums.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=33

Last edited by Falcon Coupe; 28-02-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Closed Thread