Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 05-06-2006, 10:06 PM   #1
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Sprint gets her first upgrade

Well we were going to town today to get some springs to lift the girl a little (only to normal XR height) ............. Seems the sleepy little town of Dubbo just doesnt stock things for XR8's ............. We have some ordered & I will pick them up tomorrow ;)

We then decided to go and get a few quotes on a better exhaust system ....... Stumbled across a TOP place called FARGO exhausts after a few other places that just didnt seem to want to do any work nor had any idea.......... Their whole attitude was top notch ...... we explained what we wanted & they put her up on the hoist without even knowing if we were going to do it or not ........

They then chatted to us about our needs & plans ........... We then decided on the best plan of action for what we really wanted ...... a bit more rumble .... a more true deeper V8 note ...... but not too loud ;)

It was agreed that a mandrel bent 3inch straight through with a sports box on it was the best way to go .............. then for the question of when it could be done ............

Right away was the reply if thats what we wanted ...................... We were offered a lift to where ever we wanted to go but decided a walk was good as it wasnt too far to the shops ............. We were told it would take about an hour & half to two hours ............. not to bad I thought ...........

Just under an hour later as we wondered through the shops I got a phone call to tell me the car was ready ...................

We got back and were amazed ............. the job had been done expertly, the staff were all very friendly & we were told they were sure we would be happy ...............

Happy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELL YEAH :

SO now the Sprint has a Mandrel Bent 3inch Custom made Sports system (cat back) ...................

80 k's back to home & I know Im in a V8 again :P

MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 10:10 PM   #2
niko
likes falcon's

this is where a mobile phone camera comes in handy exhausts on an 8 are a must, otherwise its just a pure waste
Old 05-06-2006, 10:23 PM   #3
XRated
Shoot.

Mmm I bet it sounds even more horn. Good on ya!

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 10:25 PM   #4
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Horn is definatly the word :P
Old 05-06-2006, 10:45 PM   #5
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

Wow, well done Lisa! You've finally reached the goal you've been focused on since the '02 FF days! I'm guessing there are some more pics of the beast somewhere?
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 10:52 PM   #6
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Heheheheehe yup Jack ........ a long way away that seems now ;)

Heres the link to the piccys :P

http://www.fordforums.com.au/photos/...500&ppuser=479
Old 05-06-2006, 11:28 PM   #7
ilsautomotive
Former E-Series Member

D'oh, it won't let me download the pics... nonetheless a lovely example, I'm very happy for you!! Dreams can come true... ;)
ilsautomotive is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 11:43 PM   #8
bdennis
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Lisa, did you leave the factory extractors on it ? From what I can see above you have not changed them.Any plans? What was the old system?Was it the factory system that joined above the diff?
bdennis is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-06-2006, 11:45 PM   #9
LUXO_8
windsor user

awesome stuff lisa, i can remember the tingley feeling i got when i drove my car away after getting the exhaust fitted....sounded sweeeeeet....
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2006, 10:09 AM   #10
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Must be nice to live out the stick's with a rumbling V8 now, hehehe.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2006, 11:47 AM   #11
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

Wait until you get some more kays with that system on, they do sound a lot better as time goes on.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:59 AM   #12
Sam
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Love it Lisa, looks bloody awesome!!, and aren't you happy!!. A long way from the trip to bathurst in the EA that took around 6 hours from Dubbo!!!
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2006, 12:01 PM   #13
nat_daly
Nat D

u get a bigger tip at all? did u get extractors?
old ride#1: ED XR6 5 speed-gone to new home:(
old ride#2:dumped EL fairmont 5l
new ride: Winter white AU2 XR8-manual
nat_daly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2006, 02:27 PM   #14
LTDHO
The one and only

Question

Single 3" Madrel?

What's wrong with the Sprint exhaust or even the same as EDSprint? His is awesome! Ya can't beat a dual, sounds beeter than Commodore single 3" IMO.

Very nice car BTW
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe

Last edited by LTDHO; 06-06-2006 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Very nice
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2006, 09:09 PM   #15
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

bdennis, Yup for now she still has the stock extractors on her ........ there are plans but I will wait a bit for that ..... am thinking pacemakers but will have to do some homework first ;) She did have the stock twins into single over the diff ........

Wayne .... were you in the back seat when we took off ...... tingly feeling .... OHHH YEAH!!!!!!!!

galaxy xr8 ...... Is great to be able to let her streach her legs every time you take her for a spin :P

banarcus ..... sound better ..... is that possible ?????? hehehehehehe

Sam ...... never a long trip to Bathurst now :P

nat_daly........ I did get the bigger tip ...... was almost more of a decsion what one to get than the actual exhaust .......... The heart shaped twin tip was very tempting ....... Not sure why the OH wasnt so keen :P

LTDHO... Yeah it is the single but it isnt a commodore one .... this was a one off made for me :hihi: There was nothing wrong with the original sprint zorst ..... We just wanted a bit more grumble for our rumble .... we did actually go in there wanting a twin system but as low as she is at present and the roads we need to travel it would have been an option that needed fixes often ....... There plainly wasnt enough room to do this on this particular car .........
Old 06-06-2006, 10:21 PM   #16
XR8Chic
I swear its all stock!!

Hey Lisa!!!! Glad to see you are finally back in a sprint!!!
WOOHOO

Single 3" systems kick ***. Was it the lukey system you got?

1993 ED XR8
2006 BF GT
2011 FG XR6 Ute Limited Edition
XR8Chic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-06-2006, 11:16 PM   #17
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not the lukey ............... they custom made this one ... they didnt have anything in stock there ........ Just my luck ........

I took her for a spin earlier tonight .... My OH drove her home yesterday so it was my first real drive with the new zorst on ....... mmmmmmmmmmmmm definate increase in power & the note is just perrrrfeecccttttttttt ;)