Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 15-09-2014, 10:52 PM   #1
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default EmDrive

I'm going to take a great leap here.
Anyone heard of the EmDrive and any thoughts.
It looks like a NASA offshoot, as well as Chinese labs have confirmed the EmDrive is a reality.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EmDrive
It's still early days, but a massless drive is the stuff of Sci Fi.
New Scientist had the crap kicked out of it for front paging an article about
the EmDrive, 8 September 2006, but from day one, looking at the figures, I could see that the inventor was not busting the laws of momentum. What was giving thrust was hiding in quantum physics (which I no nothing about - too big for me).
What we are looking at is something as big (or less?) than a car battery that can power a device that can elevate a car.
NASA 'Eagleworks' are moving towards the 2nd Generation device.
I can only say....This may be real. If it is, it will be huge.

2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Madaya is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-09-2014, 12:16 AM   #2
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: EmDrive

I can spend hours on YouTube watching this stuff.

Get it to run on Thorium and you will be set!

Our technology is amazing in terms of how quick things are advancing.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-09-2014, 02:37 AM   #3
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cheers YF,
Good thing about the EmDrive is (at least until the orbit of Jupiter) you can run it on Solar Panels.
It's been fun to watch this article on Wikipedia. From when it first popped up, Physicist after scientist has lined up to bury this proposal saying it violates so called laws of momentum etc.
Now one of their own, a NASA research mob no less, has built a basic test engine and detected a measurable thrust.
Gotta love it.
2010 FG XR6 I6 CC Ute, Nitro colour. lsd, sports suspension, Ford 18's fitted with Michelin Primacy 3 ST 245x45x18, MW Quick Shifter, Pacemaker 4500 Extractors, Carbuilders Soundproofing, KPM Street Fighter CAI
Old 16-09-2014, 10:10 AM   #4
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madaya View Post
Cheers YF,
Good thing about the EmDrive is (at least until the orbit of Jupiter) you can run it on Solar Panels.
It's been fun to watch this article on Wikipedia. From when it first popped up, Physicist after scientist has lined up to bury this proposal saying it violates so called laws of momentum etc.
Now one of their own, a NASA research mob no less, has built a basic test engine and detected a measurable thrust.
Gotta love it.
It will be interesting to see the results of independent testing. I think the NASA tests were discounted for now? Either way were are talking very small amounts of thrust. I don't discount that RF could generate thrust but in order for a motor to generate energy then it will need to consume that energy.
Old 20-02-2015, 12:52 AM   #5
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

NASA Eagleworks have followed up their research by testing of the EMdrive in a vacuum chamber and still report net thrust.
Link to Eagleworks discussion of the tests...
http://nextbigfuture.com/2015/02/upd...k-at-nasa.html

and the Wikipedia article has been updated...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EmDrive...BF_20150206-28