Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-02-2010, 05:50 PM   #61
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

I've allways been a proud Queenslander and have allways loved my state, but dammit, its getting harder as the years roll on....
Old 14-02-2010, 06:07 PM   #62
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist

You do realise that the majority of QLD is NOT IN BRISBANE don't you

The majority of the QLD population is in the Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast (therefore more in metro than rural) areas. According to the ABS and the last census in 2006, over 2.5m people lived in these three areas, out of a total QLD population of 3.9m.

So, the majority of QLD'ers do live in the city, do have access to LPG and don't travel huge distances daily :
Old 14-02-2010, 06:36 PM   #63
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Ok guys this has NOTHING to do with the topic at hand.

Back on topic please
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2010, 07:12 PM   #64
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I cant think of anything good that Anna has done this is another stupid thing increasing costs for the people of Queensland .

How do you get a Premier replaced without an election the epetition to get rid of Anna only has 626 signatures I thought it would have 600000
paule11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2010, 07:25 PM   #65
SSD-85
I ♥ EDM
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by paule11
I cant think of anything good that Anna has done this is another stupid thing increasing costs for the people of Queensland .

How do you get a Premier replaced without an election the epetition to get rid of Anna only has 626 signatures I thought it would have 600000
Do what the unions are doing, pressuring Labor seat holders into ousting her from the inside. The state governments own survey on Sale Assets ruled that 80% of QLDers opposed the sales. That being the case, seat holders will get very nervous at the next election. And by the looks of things, it will be the only way of giving her policies the boot, as we know the state LNP have been dreaming about privatisation for decades. So voting for them is a waste of time.

But to be back on topic, I dont really have a problem with licensing costs increasing. Our dear govt is only milking all it can out of us. I still think its better than what the southern states have to put up with. But in saying that, we are on our way.....

Enjoy it while it lasts.
SSD-85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2010, 07:47 PM   #66
DJREB5
love my eb,s

i movd up from NSW and it ant that much for you licences and nsw has had that tipe of licences for 10 years it not anything new
ther will be meny out ther that can not aford that and will drive with out it thats nerly a weeks wag for a penchener and yes i spell like crap
DJREB5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #67
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

I'm digging this, for the next 10 minutes, I won't feel so bad about living in Sydney. Outside of the glee that QLD'ers are being punished for wanting to drive a vehicle, it's an absolute disgrace that something like this can be passed. 300%!? Ridiculous.
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2010, 10:58 PM   #68
wadexr583

On top of the recent massive hikes in public transport costs aswell.. How much was that, 100% markup?

A guy at work was complaining about how just a few weeks ago it would cost him $2.70 or so to travel on CityTrain. I don't know where his departure/destinations were but this week it cost him over 6 bucks for the same journey. While I haven't verified those amounts it is certainly in line with what I see on the news/current affair programs.

What does this bloody government want us to do? Drive more cars or use more public transport? There's no clear motivator for either anymore.

The only fix for this that I can see, is become a bloody politician, sit on the back bench and let the public pay for my fuel/rego/licenses.

Wade
wadexr583 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2010, 11:05 PM   #69
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Captain Bligh is at an all time low in approval rating, the public are talking but I hope they keep it up at the next election. The considerable hikes in expenses we have endured over the last couple of years will not help her.
Old 14-02-2010, 11:08 PM   #70
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That was 20 to 40% increase for train tickets according to Pirate Bligh .

QLD electricity was not supposed to increase with privatisation.

It will be interesting to see what licences go up to.

Waiting to hear how rail and ports privatisation will make my life better had an email from the government but it wasnt that good at explaining benefits.

We need some proper politicians .
Old 15-02-2010, 12:33 AM   #71
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by paule11

We need some proper politicians .
The words "proper" and "politician" can never be quoted in the one sentence.
However, words such as "useless, liars, gloats and scapegoats" are far more suitable in this instance.
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 12:55 AM   #72
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
Captain Bligh is at an all time low in approval rating, the public are talking but I hope they keep it up at the next election. The considerable hikes in expenses we have endured over the last couple of years will not help her.
She won't last until the next election, there's already rumblings in the back room....
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2010, 10:46 AM   #73
irlewy86
Meep Meep

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
Where? House and land package starts at $400k and that is near Inala (high end real estate there)!
And for our Mexican viewers Inala is Brisbane's own Macqurie Fields.

If the licence is anything like the go-card than it isn't worth the money. The chip inside the go-cards is broken if you bend the card too much. Now I don't know about anybody else but my licence goes in my wallet and cops a hammering. I bet I'll be handing over for a replacement every 6 months.
Old 16-02-2010, 02:30 AM   #74
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

I think I get it. Adolf Bligh is trying to discourage the migration of people to Queensland. If it costs 50% of the average yearly wage to drive a bloody car on the the seismic fault lines that pass for Queensland roads, no one is going to want to live here. I am one of the proudest Queenslanders around and in all honesty there are only 2 reasons I haven't moved interstate. I have family here, and I cant afford the petrol to leave.

In all seriousness, what effective action can we take to support the epetition and get this cretin out of office? I've never had much interest or paid much attention to politics, but this has gone too far, and it will keep going unless we do something about it.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
388cube_edxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-02-2010, 11:55 PM   #75
paule11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Spoke to a long term labor party member apparently the party faithful grass roots labor members are giving the politicians heaps and telling them they are not getting preselected for the next election.
I asked what was the reaction of the members and he said that they are no longer going to their party meetings .
I thought Anna would have been good how wrong was I
Old 17-02-2010, 11:06 AM   #76
cosmo20btt
Fordaholic

I believe that Captain Bligh is trying to recoupe money from a lot of previous spending, it is just a shame that they have to resort to lying or playing the blame game, ie: road toll, driver license, & Bus Train fares. Why can they not just come out and say what is wrong, as it would more or less be at least a moral acceptance, not having the public chasing her down the street with pitchforks (might happen if she keeps going the way she is).
cosmo20btt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-02-2010, 12:28 AM   #77
Mad Maxine

Great. As the owner of THREE V8 cars, this will really add up.

Time to move interstate I guess.

MM

1977 XC GS Coupe
Mad Maxine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2010, 12:22 AM   #78
djjase
IT JUST GET'S BETTER

QLD is broke just like NSW so it's time to get some money back.

Its only gonna get worse, we have to pay back the billions that the Govt spent to keep us out of the recession, let alone the coming interest rate rises that will come too.
djjase is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post