Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 12-10-2006, 02:23 AM   #1
Alan Shore

Default One thing after another...but I love it

Hey peoples.
Monday. I finally got my ED XR6 to run (almost) properly. Wrong spark plugs...map sensor replaced...tuned to run on 98 Octane. The only thing left now is my injectors...which are a lil dirty, running some cleaning agents thru the petrol now but if it doesn't work, then I'll need them to be done professionally.
Tuesday I put in superlows all round all by myself (those fronts are a pain). I sorta don't have the best equipment I guess but I manage...even if I'm as sore as shite all over. By far the biggest job I've ever attempted on any car so I'm super proud of that.

Wednesday. So after all that...I'm driving home at night in traffic...go to change gears...VERY LOUD POP! Clutch pedal doesn't come back up?! Turns out I snapped the lil clip that holds the clutch cable to the clutch pedal. I managed to get it home (25kms away) thru a rather...desperate technique loll. Fixed it when I got home...
*Sigh*...when is my car going to be schmick with no hassles. One good thing that I love is that I had no idea how to do these things before but with this car I've just jumped in blindly and fixed, removed and replaced soo many things...it really has taught me a lot. I had Commodores for about 3 years and hated doing any mechanical work to them at all. Other than that I dunno why I'm telling you this...I'm just so happy

Alan Shore is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2006, 11:23 AM   #2
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Symptoms indicate you've got the bug. It will soon become a disease.
Congarats on all you have done so far. Forget friends or relationships or any of that crap - it won't be long until you are completely stricken and don't have time for such trivial matters.
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2006, 01:12 PM   #3
Olympus
Rocket Fuel Anyone?

Did that "desperate technique" involve a lot of bunny hopping?
When my cable-bracket shat itself, I had to bunnyhop into first and then just find (read crunch) through the rest of the gears.
Olympus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-10-2006, 01:52 PM   #4
Alan Shore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus
Did that "desperate technique" involve a lot of bunny hopping?
When my cable-bracket shat itself, I had to bunnyhop into first and then just find (read crunch) through the rest of the gears.
:thebirds: :hihi: :sm_headba _2: : :the_finge my friend told me how to do it. I was crapping myself in traffic, but then I had a freeway for about 20 minutes so it wasn't so bad loll
Alan Shore is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post