Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 05-05-2007, 04:56 PM   #1
mad-ef
formerly mad_one3000

Default new e series member

just put a deposit on a ef fairmont today & will pickup on Tuesday so as of tuesday i will be a e series member instead of being a b series here is a description of the car i am buying
This car has been converted to a T5 manual. It has tinted windows, hayman reece towbar, sports suspension, XR8 rims, mandrel bent high flow exhaust, K&N filter with bigger air intake, pace maker extractors, Uni-Chip & jimmock dev 5 port & polished head which includes dev 5 cam, vernier adjustible gears, bigger valves etc
which is producing 160rwkw at the moment but the standard diff is holding it back what would you guys recommend with what ratio diff to put on this bearing in mind that i still want this to be a everyday drive as well as taking to drags. here are some photos
http://www.fordforums.com.au/attachm...hmentid=&stc=1
ef.jpg
ef1.jpg
ef2.jpg
also within the next few weeks i am getting the bottom end rebuilt putting it on gas & getting a xr8 bodykit for it

1994 ef fairmont 6cyl t5 manual & billet short shifter with jimmock dev5 including race series head,cam & vernier gear, mandrel bend high flow exhaust, pacemaker extractors, k&n air filter & bigger intake, unichip,16in xr8 rims, sports suspension & tinted windows, duel fuel & 6.5 dvd,tv clarion amp with front & rear 6in splits in doors & 2 6in subs in parcel shelf 148rwkw @ dynomotive dyno day
mad-ef is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2007, 04:59 PM   #2
Dezza
Parts bin special

Nice looking car. Welcome aboard!

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2007, 05:05 PM   #3
[EDGHIA]
Banned

looks great buddy..... DEV5 should be sweet mainly in a 5speed aswell...
[EDGHIA] is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2007, 05:06 PM   #4
Obriza
Banned

welcome to the club... Car looks nice, good sleeper. My opinion for the diff would be either just an xr 3.45 or maybe even a 3.7 they should both be fine for that type driving
Obriza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2007, 05:09 PM   #5
gthofan
Gunna girlie-man

welcome about the good ship mate. Whats your name?

How much was the port and polish work worth?

<INSERT WITTY SIGNATURE HERE>

Daily- 05' BA futura... work done.
Cruiser- 85' VK berlina... more work done
gthofan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2007, 05:33 PM   #6
webby_191189
low wagooon

Welcome to the club mate. Very clean looking car there. Hope it serves you well. Should go rather well with the dev5 and T5.

webby_191189 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2007, 05:58 PM   #7
snypereb
[EBGLT]

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Nice pick up Welcome Aboard.

Become an E-Series Owners Club Member Today!
http://eseries.com.au/index.php/membership/
snypereb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2007, 06:06 PM   #8
Leah
www.madel.com.au

welcome!
Leah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2007, 06:23 PM   #9
mad-ef
formerly mad_one3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthofan
welcome about the good ship mate. Whats your name?

How much was the port and polish work worth?
the port & polish is part of the jimmock motorsport dev5 kit which is about $5300
thankyou for all your comments & yes it should be a quick car especailly once i get the diff & bottom end sorted out which should bring it close to 200rwkw & my name is steve by the way
1994 ef fairmont 6cyl t5 manual & billet short shifter with jimmock dev5 including race series head,cam & vernier gear, mandrel bend high flow exhaust, pacemaker extractors, k&n air filter & bigger intake, unichip,16in xr8 rims, sports suspension & tinted windows, duel fuel & 6.5 dvd,tv clarion amp with front & rear 6in splits in doors & 2 6in subs in parcel shelf 148rwkw @ dynomotive dyno day
Old 05-05-2007, 08:08 PM   #10
JUZXR8
Hmmmmm

nice one mate, looks very neat!

ftr's look the piece on it too, always loved those rims!
JUZXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2007, 08:43 PM   #11
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Nice ride mate welcome to the club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_one3000
thankyou for all your comments & yes it should be a quick car especailly once i get the diff & bottom end sorted out which should bring it close to 200rwkw & my name is steve by the way
Who told you this? Diff and bottom end will do little if ANY difference on the dyno. She may rev easier and acceleration will be improved but as for power there won't be a difference. Not bein a smartarse that's just how it is lol

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2007, 08:46 PM   #12
Rmyers
Does Steve have a car?

Btw 3.9:1 diff gears seems to be the most recommended for a T5 if your not fussed about fuel consumption, otherwise 3.45:1 or even 3.7's would be the go...

"When Chuck Norris jumps into water, he does not get wet, the water gets Chuck Norris..."
Rmyers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2007, 08:48 PM   #13
bentles
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_one3000
the port & polish is part of the jimmock motorsport dev5 kit which is about $5300
not trying to sound mean just like steve wasnt either, but 200rwkw na on a falcon 6 hasnt even been done has it? if it has only in magical engine like shauns if he went na LOL.

180rwkw is around the wall people hit. good luck anyway and welcome aboard, come to cruises and meets when possible its a fun club
bentles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2007, 09:11 AM   #14
mad-ef
formerly mad_one3000

yes i was thinking about going 3.45 diff just wanted to see what other people thought
as for the bottom end depending on price which in the next few weeks i will get info on what i can do to the bottom end without blowing the bank so when i said about 200rwkw i was being optimistic a little but if i can get a bit done within budget then we will see what happens?? but anyway it should be a nice car to drive. does anyone know a good place to get a 3.45 lsd i was thinking about ringing ftg wreckers but if anyone knows were i can pick one up at a good price!! so anyway when the next cruise is on i will come & meet everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmyers
Nice ride mate welcome to the club!

Who told you this? Diff and bottom end will do little if ANY difference on the dyno. She may rev easier and acceleration will be improved but as for power there won't be a difference. Not bein a smartarse that's just how it is lol
Old 06-05-2007, 02:00 PM   #15
dveus 1
93' 5 Litre LTD

Hot lookin' ride....welcome to the club dude.

1993 5 Litre LTD.Stock motor.tinted windows,sunroof,pioneer P7550 7" DVD head deck + 2x7" headrest monitors,pioneer 260w rear,110w front,Kicker ES 1000w subby run by audioline 4channel 800w boot.Duel Fuel. Catback 2.5" exhaust.Hornet Alarm,Pimped Out LED's,Sits on King Lows & 17" ROH RT's.
A WORK IN PROGRESS HEHE :eclipsee_

Daily Ride: 1989 Telstar TX5 TURBO
dveus 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2007, 06:17 PM   #16
bentles
Banned

ftg sell their 3.45's for around 450-500 or so which is fairly reasonable considering a rebuilt ss with lsd center will set you back 1200.
bentles is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2007, 06:55 PM   #17
mad-ef
formerly mad_one3000

well i picked the beast last night & took it for a good drive up to sky high & all is very good handles nice & smooth through tight corners also lined up next to a ss ute at a set of lights & gave it a good boot but the ss didnt boot it. but taking off with with full throttle really surprised me as it wheel spun off the line then changing into 2nd gear & just pulled like mad & all i could think is that this thing is absolutely mental. now all i have to do is get a bodykit,lsd diff & put a gas system on
Old 08-05-2007, 07:13 PM   #18
Gohan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

another Fairmont boasting a T5 cog swapper nice

some words of wisdom Fairmont parts are hard to come by front bumpers and Bonnets

Bodykit just get the Tickford kit thats wat alot ppl want theres a line!
Old 08-05-2007, 10:23 PM   #19
NickosBF2XRT

nice car mate, espesh for a 6...im just new 2, got no bl**dy idea on how to navigate around this site, don't own a computer, but im here at my mates...so, i'll only be on evry coupl weeks....have fun in ur new car