Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 09-05-2005, 08:16 PM   #1
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

Default Focus Kit

Got my bodykit fitted last Thursday. They did a good job painting, but a bloody shocking job fitting it. The side skirts and rear bumper were absolutely f**ked. Ive got the sides sorted, refitted them myself and they're perfect now, but it needs a touch up near the drivers door where it scraped a bit when the door opened. Its the rear that need some real attention. Im going back on Thursday to get it fixed but this time i offered to spend the day with them and give a hand fitting, so this time ill see how it gets treated and make sure it goes on the way i want it, and the paint is resprayed rather than just touched up.

But a few Q's on the rear skirt for those who already have the kit fitted.

Does the top of the skirt fit in the groove running across the rear bumper, or just above it or just below it?
Can the reverse lamps still be popped out with the skirt fitted?
Does fitting it involve screws/clips and glue or just glue?

I'd refer to the instructions that came with the kit, but the panel beaters still have it somewhere and they have to find it, so just in case they dont, ill know what im up for. Bloody panel beaters, i hate dealing with em, but for things like painting and stuff, you have to.

Tom
chevaps is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2005, 03:56 PM   #2
chevaps
Zetec Screamer....

cmon guys.... : my car is going in tomorrow and i really need to know how the rear will go on properly.

tom
chevaps is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2005, 04:43 PM   #3
brother

I can't help you with the rear skirt since I don't have one. i'm sure someone who has it fitted (either themselves of factory) can take a look at theirs and tell you how it is located relative to the groove. Plus, Ill be fitting mine myself one day and would love to know too.

I am pretty sure the rear bar is just glued on. How are they planning on getting it off if they stuffed it the first time? Do you just need heat to soften it?

The reverse lamp should be able to come out with the skirt on. There wouldn't be another way to change the bulbs when they blow otherwise.

As far as the side skirts go, do you have any tips or photos or both for fitting them? They should be coming soon too. I've only done the front skirt myself and it sounds like yours is fine.
brother is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2005, 10:51 PM   #4
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Keep your panties on Tom!!!

The rear skirt is fitted according to the little clips at the bottom, the top just ends up where it does because of the bottom mounting. Glue is used to secire the top, but you actually line it up from the bottom, using the instructions. The Ford instructions are incredibly detailed, even so far as connecting the rear reverser lamp wiring!