Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 08-03-2007, 01:37 PM   #1
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

Default ED XR6 exhaust?

Would anybody have any idea what type of set up Ed xr6 exhaust has standard? is it 2.5" or 2.25? it sounds more grunt than just the standard Classic...

3:4:5 LSD diff
JMM Extractors
2.5" Stainless Steel highflow cat
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors
Lowered on Pedders Sports Ryders
....and a cherry scented airfreshner

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.
Hybrid34 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2007, 01:44 PM   #2
EDXR6T

Dude its stock, in other words nothing special.

Use your cat back just get the smashed muffler replaced.
EDXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2007, 01:48 PM   #3
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

ahh yeah had a hunch it was, maby the guy got it modified cause it sounds deeper, but oh well, thats what i had planned anyway, thanks bro
JMM Extractors
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:14 PM   #4
Chrispy

The ED XR6 had an XR8 exhaust. Just as the EB did.
Basicaly standard maniflod and cat.
It broke into two after the cat, used standard pipe and muffler middle section (one each side of tailshaft). It rejoined over the diff and had the XR8 larger pipe to the tail.
The EF's went to a single large bore system.

Very few ED's still have the twin system.
Its heavy and not much better than a single big bore.
Most upgrade? to the EF.

Have a look under the EB/ED and you will see the hangers on the passengers side in front of the diff.

Chrispy
Chris
Chrispy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2007, 09:20 PM   #5
Rollin
Banned

I've never seen an EB or ED XR6 with the twin exhaust, and I've owned 2, and other friends of mine have had them as well. The first one was a 10/92 model and had a GLi type exhaust until after the cat, then was slightly larger and mandrel bent over the diff. Had 3 mufflers in it, can't remember if that is the same as a stocker.

View from back of car to front:

[IMG]hxxp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p148/Rollinfourlitre/oldexhaust3.jpg[/IMG]

Centre muffler, cat is out of the photo to the right:

[IMG]hxxp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p148/Rollinfourlitre/oldexhaus2t.jpg[/IMG]

Photo from cat to the back of the car:

[IMG]hxxp://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p148/Rollinfourlitre/oldexhaust.jpg[/IMG]

Do you have any pics of the twin exhaust? I believe my 3/94 ED GLi has the hangers on the passenger side too, and it has definitely never been an XR6 or XR8
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-03-2007, 11:11 PM   #6
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

An exhaust guy told me that the ed xr6 had one, i had a quick look underneath but couldn't see anything resembling it, i'll look into more detail when it goes up on the hoist.....by the way, the xr6 hangs alot lower than normal ed true? as in the height of the mufflers or resignators....
JMM Extractors
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors

Old 09-03-2007, 01:17 AM   #7
OED666
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Skro (Rollin) have a look in my gregorys manual on your desk, it shows in the back that xr's had a twin exhaust setup. but i didnt think they put them on ed xr's.