Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 14-02-2007, 02:18 PM   #1
DJ1979
and then some

Default 2400km Road Trip

Ok, so it wasn't your average road trip....

As some of you know I bought a 16 ft caravan to pack and live in on my way up to Brisbane.

On the 6th, we left, one rather loaded up ED 6 Wagon and one even more loaded up 16ft Caravan.

We left Melbourne and went via Krispy Kreme (lol), over to Lakes Entrance, Cann River, Bombala, Cooma, Canberra, Campbelltown, through Sydney and over the bridge, up to Gosford, Newcastle, Port Macquarie, Coffs Harbour, Grafton, Gold Coast before landing in Brisbane yesterday.

What went wrong? Nothing.
I even left with a $0 Credit card balance just in case, but the ED ran great, considering it had to get itself up here, as well as the Van which weighs about 1.5 tonne the thing did great. We ended up in Sydney (due to a nav error), and when i mean in Sydney, I mean IN the CBD with car and van, I have never experienced traffic like that before! The car basically got flogged in Sydney because they drive so fast you really have to muscle your way through roundabouts and amber lights and pedestrian corrsings lol... no-one EVER lets you in.

I had considered replacing it last year as it now has 297 700kms on the clock, and I was worried about along trip towing.

However, we are here, safe, and in mostly in comfort, so I am glad I kept it.
Pre trip, all I did was replace the back shockers, and get 2 new tyres. It already has a tranny cooler as part of heavy duty tow pack.

I sat on 80 - 90kph depending on the road, and returned LPG fuel economy of 27 - 28l / 100km which i think is pretty good as it can reach 20l / 100 in the city on its own, and as you can see from the pic the van ain't little....

Anyway, I am now a Brisbaneite, I will miss Melbourne, but thought I would share my tale of Falcon reliability and durability displayed by an old girl who should be entering her more twilight years of 300k +....

Cheers!

DJ1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-02-2007, 04:12 PM   #2
kyro_02
V8 wannaabeee

sounds like you had some fun driving

i've done the car trip to and from qld once(straight 18hrs back same day when i left brisbane)... then the second time i caught plane up and drove back down to vic. in the last 5 months... i didn't do the long way lol.. just straight up the newell highway 1800km's

the last one on the way back done the 18hrs straight as well
kyro_02 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post