Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-02-2007, 12:17 PM   #1
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

Default Queensland personalised number plates

Hey cane toads I'm hoping you'll help me out with some info.

We are (the family and I) making plans and preparations to make the big move north. Yes, we have decided to move to the Gold Coast, most likely in January 2008.

We were there on a long holiday (if you can call 2 weeks long) over the Christmas period just passed and while there got looking at the job market and real estate side of things in the area. My father and step-mother have been in Brisbane for around 15 years or more, and have never seemed happier.

One thing that occurred to me was the number plates I saw around the place, some with decorative artwork backgrounds and the like.

What is the deal with cost of plates up there?

I know in NSW there is an annual fee additional to rego fees, and in the ACT we buy them up front and that's it.

Also, how many characters are you limited to, and stuff like that?

What's annual rego worth in QLD?

Any info appreciated.

The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 02:03 PM   #2
Chippar
The Ancient Warrior

Here's a couple of links for you to browse through. Expect a price increase for the personalised plates between now and 2008 though, and we only pay for the personalised plates once in a lifetime and then just pay the normal annual rego fees.

As you'll see, there are a heap of choices for the types of plates you can get but they are all different prices. Anyway, check these websites out because all the info is in them.

Personal Plates website; http://www.ppq.com.au/

Qld Transport Website; http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/

AND WELCOME TO THE BETTER END OF TOWN.
Chippar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 02:17 PM   #3
doofdoof23

Plates in QLD suck!!!

you cant mix up letters and numbers like other states. And while there is no annual fee you pay an arm and a leg just to get more than 3 letters in a combination. And if you think you can get a smart 2 number/ 3 letter combo youd be surprised how many are already taken.
doofdoof23 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 03:13 PM   #4
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by doofdoof23
Plates in QLD suck!!!

you cant mix up letters and numbers like other states. And while there is no annual fee you pay an arm and a leg just to get more than 3 letters in a combination. And if you think you can get a smart 2 number/ 3 letter combo youd be surprised how many are already taken.
How did I get FPV F6 as a plate? Almost anything is possible with up to 7 characters in 8 places. Yes some are expensive, mine was $2195 but I OWN it and I can sell it and rather than pay $200 per year it is always free for me.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-02-2007, 04:34 PM   #5
Quasi
Boss 290 BA GT Goodness

That's very cool. My plate is available and looks awesome......$445

Thanks for the info.
The Toy - 03 BA GT In 'Venom', Silver BF Stripe Kit, Non-Premium Sound, Cloth Trim, Auto, 19" Staggered Vertini, Custom Exhaust, Roof DVD

Member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of ACT

Web Links To Check Out

Shannons Club Garage

Facebook Photo Albums
Quasi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post