Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 30-01-2007, 09:27 PM   #1
Norton
Tuned by HPF

Default Crow Cam Question

Hi guy's

Another question......

I have been advised to go for a Crow Cams 621371 Cam for my engine upgrades

Specs are:

Duration: 286
.050" Duration: 216
Valve Lift: .505"
Power Range: 1800-5800

"Medium performance cam for auto trans cars"

Vehicle is:

AU3 Fairmont Ghia V8 2002

Current Mods

Full Exhaust
CAI
GRA Gas Kit
Upgraded Leads & Plugs

Mods to be done - Next 4 weeks

Cam
Valve Springs
Cam Gear
Edit
Custom Tune

Does this cam suit the current rockers? I believe they are 1.6? (I have read in another thread that this cam is for the 1.7 or 1.72)
Are the specs ok for the car?

Can you advise a better cam?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Regards

Norton

Norton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2007, 10:09 PM   #2
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

Hey mate this is the same cam i had in my 5L setup, made good power with improved midrange and torque, although i found the cam really came alive when i put the 3000stall in. I had roller rockers though which were Yella Terra Stealth 1.72's the same as the 220 xr8's had. When its all open i would put in the rollers in at the same time even if you have to save for another 2weeks its worth it and will be cheaper in the end as you wont have to pay for labour to open it back up again.

You will be happy with this cam though in an auto mine made 190rw with std headers and cats so your already one up on me.

Shaun

I will also enter any part of the Forum I wish to enter. :
NeishaXR8_347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2007, 11:01 PM   #3
b2tf
not here much anymore

This is the cam I will eventually put into my clunker too. I already have 1.7YT's though so from what I'm told it should be a straight drop in. Im pretty sure you would need to change your rockers to make it work.
Old 31-01-2007, 08:52 PM   #4
Norton
Tuned by HPF

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeishaXR8_347
Hey mate this is the same cam i had in my 5L setup, made good power with improved midrange and torque, although i found the cam really came alive when i put the 3000stall in. I had roller rockers though which were Yella Terra Stealth 1.72's the same as the 220 xr8's had. When its all open i would put in the rollers in at the same time even if you have to save for another 2weeks its worth it and will be cheaper in the end as you wont have to pay for labour to open it back up again.

You will be happy with this cam though in an auto mine made 190rw with std headers and cats so your already one up on me.

Shaun
Hi Shaun,

I have spoken to Ross at Blue Oval Garage and he has decided on this cam due to it's suitability to my entire package (Gas, Mods etc.), adding the 1.72's will increase the lift of the valves and therefore change the performance of the cam. Being a gas setup it is important to maintain air intake velocity, going to large in the cam runs the risk of reducing the intake velocity and therefore reducing the performance.

I will consider a 3000 stall in the future, sounds like a good mod.

Norton
Old 31-01-2007, 08:53 PM   #5
Norton
Tuned by HPF

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
This is the cam I will eventually put into my clunker too. I already have 1.7YT's though so from what I'm told it should be a straight drop in. Im pretty sure you would need to change your rockers to make it work.
Hi b2tf,

Spoke to Crow Cams today, the Cam is fine to use on either 1.6 or 1.72 Rockers, will bolt straight into both.

Regards

Norton
Old 01-02-2007, 01:59 AM   #6
5 FTR 5
Made the 300 :0)

As Norton said it's ok with 1.6 as well.
Since Iv'e put the the cam in my Torque through the gears is greatly improved.Standard springs should be ok mine have lasted.