Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-04-2005, 10:38 AM   #1
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Default Funny thing with my Air Con

Last night I thought I'd turn the coolness of my air con down a little bit, enough to keep the temp cool and the amp cool.

The two main vents above the CD player spat out this mist that was really warm, then resumed normal operation.

I don't know if it's a problem or not. Just thought I'd post it up.
Old 14-04-2005, 11:00 AM   #2
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUII_XLS_Ute
Last night I thought I'd turn the coolness of my air con down a little bit, enough to keep the temp cool and the amp cool.

The two main vents above the CD player spat out this mist that was really warm, then resumed normal operation.

I don't know if it's a problem or not. Just thought I'd post it up.
if it happened when you first turned on the AC its fine. Its simply the cool air reacting to humid hot air in the vents and causing condensation. It was warm at the start as the air in the vents was warm enough to counter the AC cool air...for a short while. It shouldhave cooled down after no more than 20 seconds. The condensation mist can go for a little longer.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2005, 02:06 PM   #3
Biggoggs
Rider on the storm

Hey on the topic of air conditioning; how long (from startup on a cold morning) does the aircon take to warm up? I think I'd get more heat pulling over and opening the hood :P
Biggoggs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2005, 02:42 PM   #4
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
if it happened when you first turned on the AC its fine. Its simply the cool air reacting to humid hot air in the vents and causing condensation. It was warm at the start as the air in the vents was warm enough to counter the AC cool air...for a short while. It shouldhave cooled down after no more than 20 seconds. The condensation mist can go for a little longer.
Yeah, that's what happened. I didn't think it was a problem, just thought other may have had the same thing happen.

Biggoggs, I wouldn't know about that, haven't needed to put the heater on :P.
Old 14-04-2005, 07:41 PM   #5
AUIIIXR8
Formerly AU2XLSV8

Engine must be warm for heater to work! Aircon should cool down not heat up!

Past
EL 6 S/C - sold
AUII XLS V8 Stroker - sold
99' Laser (runabout) - sold
BA Fairmont - sold
AU III XR8 220 - sold (so should have kept this one)
AU III XLS Tickford 6 - sold

Formerly AU2XLSV8
AUIIIXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2005, 09:52 PM   #6
borry
Now With 2 Cylinders More

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUII_XLS_Ute
Yeah, that's what happened. I didn't think it was a problem, just thought other may have had the same thing happen.

Biggoggs, I wouldn't know about that, haven't needed to put the heater on :P.

gotta love living on the sunshine coast! however the curretn weather can lick my nether regions....
borry is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post