Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-11-2006, 10:41 PM   #1
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Scarface: The World Is Yours

Hey I'm just wondering, if anyone's brought this for PS2,XBOX or PC.

It looks like a wicked game. Kinda like GTA Vice City, but 1000x better. (From the videos I've seen anyway)

I saw a video clip, where Tony (The main chararcter) gets eaten by a shark, out in open water. lol

So if anyone has it, what's it like? I'm getting it for Chrissy, so I have to wait.:(

Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-11-2006, 10:52 PM   #2
BOSS 540
70 Mercury Eliminator

Might have to check the game out, always liked the DVD. "Take that you coc-oroach" lol!!
Old 25-11-2006, 11:30 PM   #3
smiley

WARNING Do not purchase this game, it is terrible. I dl it to try b4 buy and was appauled.

The graphics were shit house and still manages to chug somehow on my PC (even max payne 1 had better graphics). The game is stupid, no effort in it. You never have to reload your weapon, you have unlimited ammo, you push a button that automatically aims for you. And theres a stupid concept where you have to taunt your victims after every kill (which makes you stop in combat and drains it) and it makes your balls meter get higher. When your balls meter gets to max, instead of pressing a button to target, it automatically targets people for a short amount of time. Just shoot shoot shoot and your character just says the same phrases over and over again.

I asked the guy at EB why they could release such a crap game and he said "it was from a movie, all they had to do is sell out to the public and make their initial profit and they could be done".

Movie was great but if you don't wan't to ruin your memories of the movie, don't taint it by playing this game.
2.5" Redback, high flow cat, Pacemaker headers

178.3rwkw
15.18 @ 95.72 MPH
smiley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2006, 12:30 AM   #4
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley
WARNING Do not purchase this game, it is terrible. I dl it to try b4 buy and was appauled.

The graphics were shit house and still manages to chug somehow on my PC (even max payne 1 had better graphics). The game is stupid, no effort in it. You never have to reload your weapon, you have unlimited ammo, you push a button that automatically aims for you. And theres a stupid concept where you have to taunt your victims after every kill (which makes you stop in combat and drains it) and it makes your balls meter get higher. When your balls meter gets to max, instead of pressing a button to target, it automatically targets people for a short amount of time. Just shoot shoot shoot and your character just says the same phrases over and over again.

I asked the guy at EB why they could release such a crap game and he said "it was from a movie, all they had to do is sell out to the public and make their initial profit and they could be done".

Movie was great but if you don't wan't to ruin your memories of the movie, don't taint it by playing this game.
Firstly, the graphics are WAY better in Scarface, maybe you should throw the geforce 2 out.

Scarface
Scarface

Max Payne 1

I dont know what version you played mate, but you do have to reload your weapon even if it is done for you like any other game, you do not have unlimited ammo, you do not have to automatically aim, you do NOT have to taunt your victims although it gives you more points, and when you do get your balls meter higher you can choose to use it or not, and when you do yes it will auto aim for you, which is a reward for getting your meter up. I dont know where you got all that info from but try to review the game properly if your going to give one at all.

The game is quite fun, it starts off from where the movie ends. Basically you turn around and shoot the guy who was going to shoot you, then you take it from there. Its more of an arcade third person shooter than anything, not everything has to be Grand Theft Auto. You have mission after mission, alot of weapons to choose from, a city to roam around in, lots and lots of side missions, radio stations, banks to deposit money, weapons to buy etc. The graphics arnt bad at all and it runs very smoothly. I dont really have anything bad to say about the game because i enjoyed it, although a game like San Andreas is better, and while its not the best game, this is still worth playing if you liked the movie. Tony in the game is very convincing.

Last edited by Falcon_Phill; 26-11-2006 at 12:55 AM.
Falcon_Phill is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2006, 12:43 AM   #5
smiley

Well, I got a 6600gt which runs cs source and HL 2 on highest settings/resolution and those graphics pummel scarface into the ground.

As for comparing screenshots, how about a fair view (not a far away shot for scarface and a close up for max payne).
Here:

Scarface Max payne

Well I only played from the start to when you get to the limo, and it was unlimited ammo, no reload, and was nothing but shooting without strategy. Couldn't bare to play it anymore after that point.

178.3rwkw
15.18 @ 95.72 MPH
Old 26-11-2006, 12:48 AM   #6
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Well how can you review something that you didnt even play from the intro? A 6600GT isnt considered to be a very good video card these days, and im suprised it would run scarface on max resolution / high details when my 7800 only just does it. HL2 is over 2 years old dont forget, it really shouldnt be used as a benchmark for the games of today.
Old 26-11-2006, 01:11 AM   #7
smiley

Why shouldn't it be used as a benchmark, the graphics and physics in the game outweigh alot of the crap that comes out nowadays, for a game built in today's age, I don't think enough effort wen't into scarface. A very weak grpahics engine. I know my 6600gt is getting old, but I could even run F.E.A.R on highest resolution and high (not max) settings averaging obout 35fps and that game's graphics were phenominal.

178.3rwkw
15.18 @ 95.72 MPH
Old 26-11-2006, 09:37 AM   #8
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Well if its a benchmark of today, go run oblivion on 1280 x 1024 with everything on high and HDR on, then you will see.
Old 26-11-2006, 10:38 AM   #9
the_scotsman
MY21.5 Mustang GT

I looked into it...but didnt get it....it has had bad reviews...
Old 26-11-2006, 10:48 AM   #10
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_scotsman
I looked into it...but didnt get it....it has had bad reviews...
Do you seriously buy a game, based upon the reviews it's had?

I've played games before, with bad reviews and they're nothing like they're made out to be.
Old 26-11-2006, 01:24 PM   #11
smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Phill
Well if its a benchmark of today, go run oblivion on 1280 x 1024 with everything on high and HDR on, then you will see.
hey, where is oblivion, I typed it into google and couldn't find anything except oblivion elder scrolls.

178.3rwkw
15.18 @ 95.72 MPH
Old 26-11-2006, 01:30 PM   #12
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I quite liked it. I've finished it. My poor old Gforce 6600 is a tad out of date I reckon. Didn't struggle too much but I only ran 1024*768 and turned everything up to high.

smiley : If you think your cards good? Try NFS Carbon. You'll soon see your in need for an upgrage. I've got 2 PC's that need vid card upgrades of no less than $250ea (1 AGP and 1 PCIE). I wished the other machine had a PCIE card not AGP then I could pass the card down.

Big FPS games tend to spend more on graphics design than the little games like SCAR Face. Word of warning as I know some people are on here are offended by swearing. If you don't like it here on the forums? Don't buy SCAR face.

Tuned by Hallam Performance

Last edited by brenx; 26-11-2006 at 02:02 PM.
brenx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-11-2006, 01:43 PM   #13
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Quote:
hey, where is oblivion, I typed it into google and couldn't find anything except oblivion elder scrolls.
Thats the one, go see how far the 6600gt gets on that. Thats the reason i had to upgrade my 6600gt.
Old 26-11-2006, 06:42 PM   #14
smiley

yeh, i'll give oblivion a go.

And yeh, can't run NFS carbon for crap on my vid card, another game where I don't see how the graphics are any better than underground yet underground would run perfectly.

178.3rwkw
15.18 @ 95.72 MPH
Old 26-11-2006, 06:47 PM   #15
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
yeh, i'll give oblivion a go.

And yeh, can't run NFS carbon for crap on my vid card, another game where I don't see how the graphics are any better than underground yet underground would run perfectly.
If you turn the graphics up you can clearly see how much better they are than Fear. It becomes a little more obvious once you get pearl, metalic etc paints. I can hound my vid card as the P4 3.2 can handle it just the vid card falls over.

Old 26-11-2006, 09:08 PM   #16
StookEB

just a question what is HL2?
Have any of you guy tried 2 core Duo it's very quick, i've built some at work?
Old 26-11-2006, 09:19 PM   #17
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Half life 2.
Old 26-11-2006, 09:41 PM   #18
smiley

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenx
If you turn the graphics up you can clearly see how much better they are than Fear. It becomes a little more obvious once you get pearl, metalic etc paints. I can hound my vid card as the P4 3.2 can handle it just the vid card falls over.
I did turn it up and the graphics are nothing special comared to FEAR or HL2.

I booted up both games and got screenshots on highest res/detail, is it that much better?

178.3rwkw
15.18 @ 95.72 MPH
Old 26-11-2006, 10:16 PM   #19
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

Old 26-11-2006, 10:23 PM   #20
Gohan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i just got a GeForce 6600 GT and it runs BF2 like a dream can handle NFS: Carbon and Most Wanted and thats with detail so its goin good may end its life soon? dunno
Gohan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-11-2006, 12:37 AM   #21
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Ill be getting this game, I assume its a bit like the Godfather game, which I found fun for a while until you have to take over every business, a PIA.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2006, 05:22 PM   #22
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

Wow! I'm gettin a game console now, IWhen I found out the Soprano's bought out their game I started to consider it but now there's Scarface, I know what I'll be asking Santa for. So tell me, is there a confrontation with Sosa in the game?
Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-11-2006, 05:50 PM   #23
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots
Wow! I'm gettin a game console now, IWhen I found out the Soprano's bought out their game I started to consider it but now there's Scarface, I know what I'll be asking Santa for. So tell me, is there a confrontation with Sosa in the game?
The actual game is a quasi-sequal to the movie and it's an alternate ending. Instead of Tony being killed, he survives.

Good ole' wikipedia lol, but I'm not sure if you actually fight Sosa in it.
Old 30-11-2006, 05:52 PM   #24
brenx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots
yup there is ;)