Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 18-10-2006, 07:33 PM   #1
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Default I wonder if he knew...

Saw this on the way home... sorry about the crappy pics - phone screwed up:

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 07:40 PM   #2
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Hehe. Thats funny.

I once saw a Fairlane with the "FAIRLANE" badge replaced with an "ASTRA" badge. It was very much a case of : I tried to take pics but it didnt turn out very well.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 07:46 PM   #3
Sapper
Back to the AU

I've seen a few mercs around the traps with astra badges. :nutsycuck
Old 18-10-2006, 10:43 PM   #4
fmc351
let it burn

I seem to recall being in Victoria and seeing cars with fifty different badges on them, one under the other, on the rear, guards, bootlid etc. Asians seem to have thing for that, not being racist, but it was Asians who did it. Whatever floats your boat i suppose.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 11:26 PM   #5
ltd
Force Fed Fords

The fairlanes and mercs etc with Astra badges are from Astra Limousines. They are a company based in Botany in Sydney near the airport. I know this because the owner Alf also has an f360 convertible ferrari with an Astra badge too.

Quote: