Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-10-2006, 07:12 PM   #1
krt10
eskyman

Default i love upullit they gave me money.

i went to upullit today with my brother and a couple of his freinds. it cost $1 to get in. i only had a $10 note. so i go up to the counter and ask the guy if he can change my $10. he was on the phone and wasnt paying attention and instead of giving me a $5 note and a couple of coins he gave me a $10,$5 note and $6 in coins. i figured if he couldnt evan put the phone down to answer me that it was ok to keep it.

anything like that ever happen to you

Old 18-10-2006, 07:17 PM   #2
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Lol, sounds like the universe owes you some bad karma Watch out!

But it's a wrecking yard.... Kinda like ripping off a lawyer, isnt it? ;)
Old 18-10-2006, 07:52 PM   #3
mosman69
Lost Cause

similar thign at safeway, i bought all these things worth $9.something gave the chick a $10 note and she gave me back a $20 and some gold coins.
i was half asleep walked away then realised what had happened walked towards her again and she got all nasty and was like sir u have to go to the serviec desk if ive made a mistake im real busy (i looked at the service desk que of about 6 people) thought **** it!! I wasnt gunna wait in line to give me their money back!!! : :
mosman69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 07:57 PM   #4
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

I once rocked up at the Milk Bar some 15 years ago with a $2 coin to buy a loaf of bread. The guy gave me the following notes $100, $50, $20, $10 and $5. Thats $185 bucks!! Being the honest young lad I was, I said "Uhh... I gave you 2 dollars" to which he replied "Oh.... thanks" and gave me my 5c change.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 08:17 PM   #5
EBFalcs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by krt10
i went to upullit today with my brother and a couple of his freinds. it cost $1 to get in. i only had a $10 note. so i go up to the counter and ask the guy if he can change my $10. he was on the phone and wasnt paying attention and instead of giving me a $5 note and a couple of coins he gave me a $10,$5 note and $6 in coins. i figured if he couldnt evan put the phone down to answer me that it was ok to keep it.

anything like that ever happen to you
was it the upullit on womma road, that's the one i go to, if it was that one was it the dude with the long hair and beard, bikie looking dude.
EBFalcs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 09:13 PM   #6
TURBOTAXI
Turbo Falcon Fiend

I once went to a supermarket in Wentworthville and bought about $100 worth of stuff. The checkout chick was very talkative and flirty, I didnt discourage it.

I noticed that most items she moved accross the scanning area were not being scanned (there was no beeps) she just kept looking at me and smiling I just kept smiling back.

She only scanned/charged me for about 1/3rd of the items.

There have been plenty of times I have been given too much change I normally bring in to the attention of the cashier.

Too many turbo toys......
2009 FG F6 Nitro LPI LPG 290rwkw on LPG.
2005 BAMKII XR6 Turbo with LPG (ex HWP 255,000k's and counting)
Honda 2001 CR500E Road registered CR500
Honda 1985 CR500 (the one with the arm ripping power)
DT200r regoed Hack
Yamaha IT/YZ 465 Vinduro rocket
Imported IT465 and 490 back up bikes
VF1000R mid 80's racer built by HMR
Honda CR480 Air cooled project road cafe racer.
T88 Turbo XT Falcon project with 351 Cleveland (mothballed)
Plus the rest.

TURBOTAXI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 09:48 PM   #7
xr8-200

I once went to the local Caltex to get some fuel and my tank was filled for only $3. What had happened was the pump was only charging 10c per L instead of $1. I decided to do the right thing and tell the chick behind the counter what had happened but the manager who was a few metres away was listening and miss understood what I was saying and thought I was trying to get out of paying or something and he stormed up to me and started yelling at me and threatened to syphon my tank if I didnt pay . I could have payed $3 and no one would have noticed but I tried to do the right thing and pay $30 and copped an earful for it.

The moral to the story is to always think twice before doing the right thing. haha
xr8-200 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 10:41 PM   #8
oneredED
need more boost

I remember the day I got my P's, I went to Kmart, or something along those lines to buy some P-plates, and gave the chick 5 bucks. She was so busy asking how my test went (she was going for hers soon too), she gave me $47 change. I didnt realise until I got home, and suprising as it may be, I went back there to give it back
Stops due to: bendix, DBA
Shifter connected to: T5 manual
Power from: ???
Interior: velour and woodgrain
Cost: stuff all :P
oneredED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 10:48 PM   #9
Kryton

asked for 1 packet of smokes at the express lane and she scanned 2 packs and put them in the bag.
i said i only wanted wanted 1 pack so she rescanned it, refunded the money i had paid for that pack and put the pack back into the bag.
half way to the car i realised what had happened.
2 packs of smoke for the price of 1.

put $40 of petrol in the Pano when i had it. gave the guy a $50 note and he gave me $40 change......i promptly walked out before he realised!
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-10-2006, 11:44 PM   #10
SirJuggsalot

went to buy some crystal trinket thing at a jewelry store. Its was 170 or along those lines. The lady packed it up and said "35 dollars please". My gf promptly corrected her saying "dont u mean $170?". They just cant help themselves
SirJuggsalot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 09:00 AM   #11
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

I once got an extra $50 note out of an ATM outside Borack Square ANZ in Altona (was the old machine where the door raises & your moneys laying there) My receipt said $200, but I got $250.
Thought to myself, maybe it was some poor pensioner or someone, who'd accidently left from previous transaction, so I went into the bank & told them...
The teller informed me that they only had a form for ATM shortchanging, NOT over-paying... Got the manager, who said when machine was balanced they'd know if it was mine or not and to give her the 50. I said.. "I want a receipt".. Anyhow, long story/ short, I never heard boo back from them. (And lost the $50)
Stupid me!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 09:19 AM   #12
red_hotxr6
Banned

Obviously you were honest enough to show him is mistake and give the money back.
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 06:07 PM   #13
krt10
eskyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBFalcs
was it the upullit on womma road, that's the one i go to, if it was that one was it the dude with the long hair and beard, bikie looking dude.
nah. it was some skinny guy who was clean shaven
Old 19-10-2006, 06:18 PM   #14
eb91xr6
V8 Ute V8 Boat

i was at supercheep baught $170 worth of stuff with my mate i had around $100 my mate payed his $70 and as i went to get my money she compleated the transaction and said have a nice day, and he got $30 change, $170 worth of stuff for $40 not bad ay, we ended up spending the money we saved at the pub, tryed our luck at the pokies to see if our luck was still going but we were out and still walked away with $50,
125 Thumpster 2010
Swag
All set for the weekend
eb91xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-10-2006, 11:48 PM   #15
charles_wif_xf
Purveyor of filth

Went into a computer shop and bought a hard drive and DVD burner. Total cost was $190 something. Gave the guy serving me (who was a real fukker) two green ones and got $198 back. Looked at the invoice, the hard drive was $1.40 and the burner was 50 cents. Sweet, I got cheap parts and the guy would have had his a$$ handed to him on a plate by his boss.
charles_wif_xf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 12:55 PM   #16
Poetic Justice
NOT A TOYOTA :/

Sounds like there's a few dishonest people around here with a bit of karma owing to them...
Old 20-10-2006, 01:09 PM   #17
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats if you believe in Karma...

Got my windscreen replaced at OBriens last week, and when I got in my car I sat on something. Hmm, well some of it was shards of glass from the old windscreen the other object was a brand new Nokia mobile phone worth about $800. Despite the fact I wasn't happy about the mechanic leaving shards of glass on the seat carpet, I still went back in and gave the phone back. I may not believe in Karma but I do believe in "do onto others as you would have them do onto you".
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 01:26 PM   #18
gozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackout
Sounds like there's a few dishonest people around here with a bit of karma owing to them...

or Karma in their favour
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 01:46 PM   #19
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Two instances I've had...

Once was at KFC where I ordered something and used a $50 to pay for it, and ended up with $60 change.

The last time it happened was at Woolworths and it was $8 bucks for some small bits and pieces, paid with a $10 and got $12 change.

I figure if you handle money and stuff up, it's your own fault. That's why at Maccas they say 10 if you give them a 10.

Last edited by TheSneakiness; 20-10-2006 at 02:36 PM.
TheSneakiness is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 02:27 PM   #20
coolkid

no way in hell should you even think about giving money back to fast fodd places like kfc or maccas, because think about how many times you pay for stuff at the drive thru and drive off then realising 10kms down the road they forgot something and you just have to wear it. in fact it happened just yesterday when they forgot 2 burgers that we paid for out:
coolkid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 02:35 PM   #21
Allen
You win again, gravity!!!

I had the opposite on monday night.

Went to maccas drive through, order a couple of meals paid and collected the bags.

Got home and realised that I got some one elses order. Didn't bother me as I paid $10 for 6 burgers, 2 large fries and 2 large drinks

Stuff em, they have ripped me off many times before...

SOON TO BE A TRACK CAR
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 02:47 PM   #22
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkid
no way in hell should you even think about giving money back to fast fodd places like kfc or maccas, because think about how many times you pay for stuff at the drive thru and drive off then realising 10kms down the road they forgot something and you just have to wear it. in fact it happened just yesterday when they forgot 2 burgers that we paid for out:
Screw that for a joke, I've blasted (well not blasted) queried many a drivethrough operator and they always give me the correct order when I go back. I've actually had a few occasions where they give me the same meal again, not just the bits that are missing.

I reckon if they screw up twice they deserve to lose...
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 04:45 PM   #23
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Always best to go home and ring the fast food place if they left stuff out of your order. They will tell you to come back and give you a heap of free stuff to make up for it.

Once i got an extra $50 change from the post office after paying the bill and once found $80 on the ground outside the gym. I saw what looked like a $20, picked it up and there was another 3 tucked in with it.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-10-2006, 04:52 PM   #24
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

I once hit the drive thru at a certain Red Rooster.
Got home... Burgers were Mc Crap.
Went back and promptly told them that I wouldn't feed this crap to my dogs.
They let me keep my meals, and made me a completely new order!

Cheers

Darran
Old 20-10-2006, 05:02 PM   #25
70caprigt3k
Nitrous Junkie

When i was really young i went to the nursery with my mum and i found a $20 laying on the ground so i went to give it back to the bloke that ran the nursery and he said i could keep it, I was stoked for days but nothing like that has ever happened since.
Old 21-10-2006, 11:09 PM   #26
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Wen i was a strapping lad i went to the "Timeout" or "Timezone" or whatever it was called at Hurstville.

I popped in 10 bucks in the change machine and got 10 $2 coins back. some fool got the trays mixed up! i emptied my wallet of all available notes and didnt spend a cent in the place!

Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 11:16 AM   #27
OldManGhia

I bought a bit under a $100 of groceries from Wollies and paid with a $100 note. Got my $100 back plus a bit of change. Another time at Maccas drive thru got most of our meal and was waiting for a ice cream or something when another dude walked over and gave us the next order as well. Just handed it to us and walked away before I could say anything.
OldManGhia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 12:51 PM   #28
peyote
Grandpa EF Wagon

about 3-4 years ago a mate & i went to a pick a part in dandy
we pulled out a gemini engine and needed them to move it to the car with there forklift
the forky got bogged about 2mtrs from the car so we said just drop it there and we'll lift it in,so he droped it on the gravel and said there ya go fellas "see ya's later"
so we drove off with nice free engine.