Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 07-10-2006, 10:04 AM   #1
Boss 290

Default does the focus have purple available

hi my uncle is very keen on the new focus and he badly wants a new car....he saw it in a magazine and now he loves it, no other samll car comes close for the price he said...im glad he is finally getting a new car becuse his car is becoming a bit dated and is having problems....anyway he wants something bright but out of all the colours he wants purple...does anyone know if you can order purple on the focus?

Boss 290 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2006, 10:04 AM   #2
Boss 290

thanks alot guys..for your help. if he cant get purple could anyone please sugest another colour..cheers
Old 07-10-2006, 11:04 AM   #3
alstar5

You can find the colour range for all ford passenger vehicles on www.ford.com.au.

For the Focus, try here:
http://www.ford.com.au/range/focus/v...iorcolours.asp
2014 - 2014: AUII Futura SR
2015 - 2015: Kawasaki Ninja 650RL
2016 - 2016: Kawasaki Ninja 300
2018 - 2018: VZ Holden Commodore
2019: FG G6 Falcon
alstar5 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2006, 11:15 AM   #4
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gee the colour range is quite pitiful for the XR5...
Only one colour that is available in the regular paint range, 4 that are Prestige (not that much more really in price) but the killer is the Orange... sheesh, that is a massive cost..

That is a sure fire way of making sure I don't get one then (the colour is extremely important) :
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2006, 11:29 AM   #5
Boss 290

yeh i know im very dissapointed, i just rang ford and they said the focus doesn't come in purple and the only colour that may be similar is a denim blue kind of colour and this ruby red one...ahwell mabey he might get silver
Old 07-10-2006, 11:31 AM   #6
Boss 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstar5
You can find the colour range for all ford passenger vehicles on www.ford.com.au.

For the Focus, try here:
http://www.ford.com.au/range/focus/v...iorcolours.asp
thanks mate i already did that last night and thought mabey they didnt put all the colours on lol ..cheers
Old 07-10-2006, 11:33 AM   #7
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From the range listed on the website, looks like no purple - the closest looks like Ruby Red, and that's not close to purple
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2006, 11:37 AM   #8
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss 290
yeh i know im very dissapointed, i just rang ford and they said the focus doesn't come in purple and the only colour that may be similar is a denim blue kind of colour and this ruby red one...ahwell mabey he might get silver
The Jeans Blue looks like quite a nice colour.... I can say that the Black in the XR5 Turbo looks absolutely brilliant in the flesh... looked awesome
Old 07-10-2006, 11:51 AM   #9
Boss 290

yeh they dont have purple and the dealer i spoke to said the ruby red and the jeans blue are closest....i think black would be ausome too but he said he doesnt want black and he has had a white car for so long. he wants something bright and stands out but not like yellow or orange....its a shame the cheaper cars don't get the variety of colours as the xr's...its a beautifull range to choose from....the only thing i cant understand is that the xr's can choose from 5 diffent blues but not 1 yellow is available anymore...im really glad i got the car in rapid..cheers
Old 07-10-2006, 11:56 AM   #10
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The Blue Print or Jeans Blue would be most definitely my favourite out of blues and if you wanted to throw another 'bright' colour into the choice then I guess the Colorado Red would be considered...

Or he could buy one at auction (if there is any) a bit cheaper and get it painted by the local Auto Painter
Old 07-10-2006, 12:00 PM   #11
BlackLS

The xr is from a different factory from the regular Focus (Germany VS South Africa), that explains the different colour ranges.

Some hot wild colours would be nice like a candy apple green, purple as mentioned, yellow.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2006, 12:01 PM   #12
BlackLS

Also no chance on a special colour.

Your best off getting black and doing a respray into whatever colour, although this isn't for everyone...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2006, 12:52 PM   #13
Boss 290

i told him today and he isnt fussed anymore..he likes the sound of the blue but ill kepp you posted on what he decides..thanks guys
Old 07-10-2006, 02:28 PM   #14
Abacus
Life's a Gas

$1,800 for orange?? How do they justify that?
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2006, 06:49 PM   #15
miitch
orgasmic.

It's probably to keep the numbers down, imagine how much better it would be if it cost $1800 for canary yellow back in '86. haha

121.0rwkw
miitch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2006, 07:15 PM   #16
MeestaNob!
XR5T - Sea Grey.

The Orange is a 3 layer multi process something-or-other. It's pretty.

It's pretty ferkin dear too.

I got the grey one instead.

MeestaNob! is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2006, 11:25 PM   #17
Boss 290

Thumbs up

:thebirds:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeestaNob!
The Orange is a 3 layer multi process something-or-other. It's pretty.

It's pretty ferkin dear too.

I got the grey one instead.

mate, thats a nice looking car you got :thebirds:
Old 07-10-2006, 11:54 PM   #18
raymon81

Quote:
i told him today and he isnt fussed anymore..he likes the sound of the blue but ill kepp you posted on what he decides..thanks guys
I would really suggest he sees the blue in the flesh on the focus models. I love my blue cars but admit i am really disappointed with the 2 blue choices on the focus. Ask the dealer if u can get Performance blue that comes out XR5T, now thats an awesome color!
Lowered 30-35mm King springs, Custom leather interior, Polished standard 17s rims, Cadance monoblock amplifier and Alpine Type S sub woofer, clear reverse+fog+tail lights, Angel eyes and a few CHROMEEEEEE bits on my baby.
raymon81 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2006, 12:45 AM   #19
Boss 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymon81
I would really suggest he sees the blue in the flesh on the focus models. I love my blue cars but admit i am really disappointed with the 2 blue choices on the focus. Ask the dealer if u can get Performance blue that comes out XR5T, now thats an awesome color!
yeh that was deffinantly my favourite after looking at the ford site...i hope he can get it....do you think he could get the focus with an automatic and with the performance blue for 20 grand, if he payed with cash in hand?
Old 08-10-2006, 12:54 AM   #20
raymon81

Quote:
yeh that was deffinantly my favourite after looking at the ford site...i hope he can get it....do you think he could get the focus with an automatic and with the performance blue for 20 grand, if he payed with cash in hand?
Nah no way, you'll be lookn at around $22000 for an automatic CL Focus drive away (dats with abit of negotiating) unless you have somebody in the family that works at FORD and can get a discount. Plus on top of that, they will charge u for the Performance Blue paint. Ask and find out and keep us posted. Good luck.
Lowered 30-35mm King springs, Custom leather interior, Polished standard 17s rims, Cadance monoblock amplifier and Alpine Type S sub woofer, clear reverse+fog+tail lights, Angel eyes and a few CHROMEEEEEE bits on my baby.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:15 AM   #21
Boss 290

yeh im going next weekend....there is noway im missing bathurst. ford did offer us an xr6 turbo for the xr6 price...thats 5grand off or something so we are a little optimistic
Old 08-10-2006, 10:02 AM   #22
raymon81

Quote:
yeh im going next weekend....there is noway im missing bathurst. ford did offer us an xr6 turbo for the xr6 price...thats 5grand off or something so we are a little optimistic
A friend of mine bought a XR6 and this is no joke for $31000 drive away (automatic plus tow bar). They refused him at the start, so he just walked out and left his number with them and they called him back 5 minutes later, telling him to come back in and they would settle it. Manager was saying all this crap about being the end of the month blah blah and all this **** and him being a very lucky guy and yeh. But the XR6 is built here so u can negotiate heaps and ford are struggling now to sell the BA so u can basically walk in there, offer them any price and they will take it hehe. With the Focus, they are shipped here so it costs them abit extra thats why there isnt much room to negotiate (maybe $2000-$3000). Im a ford employee, with the australian built cars we get 22% discount and european cars we get 14%.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:49 AM   #23
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Im a ford employee, with the australian built cars we get 22% discount and european cars we get 14%.
So does this mean that when any of us want to buy a new car we just get you to buy it for us in the first place

I haven't seen the different blues in person yet but actually really liked the Jean Blue and Blue Print on the screen... Not sure just how different they would be in the flesh (as other colours are usually fairly close).. I think it really depends on personal taste..
Old 08-10-2006, 01:41 PM   #24
raymon81

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
So does this mean that when any of us want to buy a new car we just get you to buy it for us in the first place
As long as your happy to keep it under my name for 6months then yeh for sureeee :P
Old 09-10-2006, 12:12 AM   #25
Pieoter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacus
Its ment to be a 5 coat pearl effect or something like that.
Pieoter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 09:49 AM   #26
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacus
its a luxury, if you want your car to stand out and be noticed, not to mention it looks FANTASTIC

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 10:21 AM   #27
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

Quote:
Im a ford employee, with the australian built cars we get 22% discount and european cars we get 14%....So does this mean that when any of us want to buy a new car we just get you to buy it for us in the first place? ..........As long as your happy to keep it under my name for 6months then yeh for sureeee
I don't think this is a smart thing to be broadcasting to the world. Great way to spoil any special deals you get. You are likely to lose priveleges if you start trying to be a wholesaler (and I am not a Ford Employee - but I know how it works)
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 03:56 PM   #28
raymon81

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
I don't think this is a smart thing to be broadcasting to the world. Great way to spoil any special deals you get. You are likely to lose priveleges if you start trying to be a wholesaler (and I am not a Ford Employee - but I know how it works)
Im Sorry melbzetec, i guess im just not old enough to know better.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:52 PM   #29
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

No skin off my nose. Just go and ask Mark Winslow about your offer to the world and see how far you get
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2006, 06:28 PM   #30
raymon81

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbzetec
No skin off my nose. Just go and ask Mark Winslow about your offer to the world and see how far you get
Offer to the world haha ok...yehhh your right its highly confidential imformation letting the WORLD know how much discount a ford employee gets. Do you really think i was serious about this comment... [quote] As long as your happy to keep it under my name for 6months then yeh for sureee[quote] hahaha ohhh Mr zetec, we are going to get along just fine