Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-09-2006, 08:35 PM   #1
hoich

Default AUII XR Dash Cluster Question

Hi,

I have a problem with gauges on my cluster and Ford have told me I need a new one. I have been offered a AUII XR Police Cluster, but the question I have can I but on the Silver Face that lights up blue to the poilce cluster? Also what was the difference between the normal cluster and police cluster?

Thanks

Hoich

Old 24-09-2006, 08:39 PM   #2
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I believe the police cluster was more accurate; it had 2km increments on the speedo as opposed to the 5km increments on the normal XR dashes. You should be able to put a silver fascia on it no dramas.
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2006, 10:01 PM   #3
Silhouette AU1 TS50.

AU2 Police cluster on AU2 XR is fine. Plug in and play. Police cluster has 2km/h increments instead of 5km/h. The Police cluster/speedo can also be calibrated if you change to bigger wheels, change diff gears, ect. But if you plan on getting the edit done sometime in the future, the edit can make these changes for you anyway.

PIC'S OF MY
T1 TS50.
12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2006, 10:02 PM   #4
NeishaXR8_347
SS Grunt

With the police cluster there is a function on there that enables you to easily correct and adjust the speedo, so good if you change diff gears or tyre sizes. Thats what ive heard.

Shaun

I will also enter any part of the Forum I wish to enter. :
NeishaXR8_347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post