Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-08-2006, 08:59 PM   #1
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 
Default Calling all Queenslanders from Sunshine Coast

Hey guys/gals

I'm gonna be up in Nerang on the 2nd & 3rd of September for work. I'll be going to the Sunshine Coast on the Saturday night. Where are some good places to go, all ideas will be considered but could you let me know what goes on there.

Thanks!!

vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 09:13 PM   #2
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

C'mon ppl help the mexican out....I'm further north.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 09:20 PM   #3
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
C'mon ppl help the mexican out....I'm further north.

Partial Mexican, I actually have property in the Beaudesert Shire.
Old 24-08-2006, 09:22 PM   #4
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

OK fair enough.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 24-08-2006, 10:37 PM   #5
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

LOL Daniel I thought the party was in Brisbane on the Thursday night

Craig
MYVYSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2006, 10:42 PM   #6
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYVYSS
LOL Daniel I thought the party was in Brisbane on the Thursday night

It is Craig! Thursday in Brissie, but I'm gonna be on the sunshine coast on the weekend with another person they paired me up with and I promised her a night out.
Old 24-08-2006, 10:48 PM   #7
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ooohhh make it good sport or suffer!!!!!!!!!

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 25-08-2006, 06:10 PM   #8
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Ooohhh make it good sport or suffer!!!!!!!!!
lol, nothing like that. But there has to be someone form that area?
Old 25-08-2006, 06:15 PM   #9
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I am not far from the Sunny Coast.. what are you interested in doing? Are you looking for a nightclub? Movies? Restaurant? It would really help to make suggestions if you could give some sort of idea of what you guys would like to be doing!!
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2006, 06:50 PM   #10
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
I am not far from the Sunny Coast.. what are you interested in doing? Are you looking for a nightclub? Movies? Restaurant? It would really help to make suggestions if you could give some sort of idea of what you guys would like to be doing!!

I was trying to take ideas and than work from there.

I guess somewhere decent to eat and prob a club would be the best bet. I haven't even met the girl as this pair up was quite recent. But she has mentioned that she would like to go clubbing.
Old 25-08-2006, 07:03 PM   #11
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vztrt

I guess somewhere decent to eat and prob a club would be the best bet. I haven't even met the girl as this pair up was quite recent. But she has mentioned that she would like to go clubbing.

Ok well off the top of my head I have nothing ... sorry.. but I will find out tonight while meeting some of the crew.. I will post it later on for you..

I will also send a txt to a few Sunny coast people to see what they can come up with for you to have a great night out...
Old 25-08-2006, 07:06 PM   #12
The Monty
Just slidin'

We could always extend the Ford cruise for those that want to stay on, into the night?
Old 25-08-2006, 07:38 PM   #13
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And guess who gets a clubbing if its a dud night?
Old 25-08-2006, 07:40 PM   #14
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
We could always extend the Ford cruise for those that want to stay on, into the night?
Actually that isn't such a bad idea!!! Might put that to the group and see if that is liked or not (as if we would have an early one though - last cruise didn't finish to 2ish (am that is) :
Old 25-08-2006, 07:47 PM   #15
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Thanks Fiery your a champ!
Old 28-08-2006, 09:43 AM   #16
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monty
Hell yeah.

I don't wanna be home before 10pm.

Heh, heh, heh.
Old 29-08-2006, 05:30 AM   #17
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:

Been about 15 yrs since I clubbed on the Coast. i still live here, but yeah, too old for that.

How old are you? What do you like? Budget? Theres Fridays on the Wharf (18-30 yr olds, and the odd mutton or pervert) at Mooloolaba, young, crap modern music, fights can and do break out (but thats the coast all over when youngins hit the turps). Excess is the in thing. Think of a night club night in any well known Melbourne club, except less cultured and 2001. Yeah, I used to live there too, X Club was around then in King St, along with Underground and the Hipodrome.

Theres a couple more night clubs along the Esplanade in Mooloolaba, about 5 minute walk from Fridays just mentioned. Various coffee shops and outdoor eateries, open until about 9:30 - 10pm.

theres the Sands Hotel near the Sunshine Plaza (Maroochydore), not sure what night club they run now, but used to be OK.

Couple of RSL clubs, Caloundra is supposed to be very good, never been so wouldnt know, its whats on the ads, won Qlds best club several times in the last few years (if youre gonna go, become a member somewhere you are now, so you can get in no worries).
Alex Surf club (the Alex) in Alexandra Headlands, just out of Mooloolaba.
Theres the Haithi Indian restaurant in Aerodrome Rd Maroochydore (opposite 7/11), good curry, try the Barra Kebab for an entree, 3 chops marinated and cooked in a tandoor. Its good and reasonable prices. This is a bit further down the same road past the Alex.

Mooloolaba - Alex - Maroochdore (middle of the Coast)

Caloundra's at the southern end of the coast.

Noosa's another story. (northern end of the coast) theres the Reef resort (Hotel), eating (I assume early) and clubbing.
There used to be another night club in Hastings St, heart of Noosa, not sure if its still there though. If it is, its in the mall (which is more like a wide arcade)

Whatever you do, dont go out in Coolum. Commodore nuts and ricers who all wanna be gangsters. Its a nice place, but at night the nuts crawl out of the woodwork.

Seriously though, the Coast night club scene isnt reknowned for being overly friendly. Maybe im just old, I dont know. Nobody else seemed to post any info so i thought Id give you my mediocre club knowledge.

If you cant tell we dont go out much anymore.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 08:17 AM   #18
Angry Beaver
Beaver fever

No your not old the clubbing on the sunshine has never had a good reputation and probably never will. I would head up to noosa rather than moolooba as hasting street is the best to eat on.
Angry Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 11:32 AM   #19
whiskers
gone fishing

Default re callaing all queenslanders

I'm from the coat but a bit older than most, I have teenage kids who frequent the coast all the time so I will ask them tonight where are all the good places to go ie: food and clubs, and post here tomorrow hope you have a really good time up here

cheers and beers
whiskers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-08-2006, 11:35 AM   #20
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Beaver
No your not old the clubbing on the sunshine has never had a good reputation and probably never will. I would head up to noosa rather than moolooba as hasting street is the best to eat on.
While that may be true, it's near on impossible to get a parking spot in a 3km vicinity of the area (Hastings Street).

Regarding clubbing is true too, most youngins head to the Valley for clubs.
Old 30-08-2006, 12:07 AM   #21
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Thanks guys. I'm 22 and will be taking a female colleague with me. Money dosn't really matter to me much as I'll be there for a couple of days and I wanna live it up a bit. Besides it helps when work pays for your airfare and accom!
Old 30-08-2006, 02:06 AM   #22
fmc351
let it burn

Quote:
Thanks guys. I'm 22 and will be taking a female colleague with me. Money dosn't really matter to me much as I'll be there for a couple of days and I wanna live it up a bit. Besides it helps when work pays for your airfare and accom!
Cool. Then stick to Noosa, and catch a cab. The parking thing is a definate, 800 cars and 9 car parks. Its a tad overpriced, but much quieter, Police are everywhere.

Where are you staying? Maroochydore to Noosa is about a $50 cab ride, each way.

We have more than our fair share of d*ckheads here. Yeah I know they are everywhere, but Im serious when i say we have more than our fair share. Its a freakin zoo, sometimes the monkeys are quiet, other times the cage hasnt been cleaned and theyre flinging poo.
Old 30-08-2006, 08:53 AM   #23
Mrs Coyote
Phantom XR6

Mooloolaba Surf Club is pretty good and usually have a halfway decent band playing. The Wharf is not bad for people in your age bracket. Caloundra RSL is okay but usually Friday night is the best there and then there CBX at the top end of town which seems to be the place to go (the old Caloundra Hotel). There are also a couple of good places to eat that have live music on the riverwalk at Sunshine Plaza. Rustys Mexican at Maroochydore is a great place to eat or The Boatshed at Mooloolaba if it is still there.

There are as someone said several nightclubs along the strip in Mooloolaba so not too bad a place to head because you can eat there and walk to wherever is next. Have a great time on the Sunny Coast no place better to be wish it was me.
Mrs Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-08-2006, 10:01 AM   #24
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
We have more than our fair share of d*ckheads here. Yeah I know they are everywhere, but Im serious when i say we have more than our fair share. Its a freakin zoo, sometimes the monkeys are quiet, other times the cage hasnt been cleaned and theyre flinging poo.
Yep, I agree.

Sometimes you just wanna cart a baseball bat around with you and if someone looks at you funny, just smack them in the head with it...
Old 31-08-2006, 02:51 AM   #25
fmc351
let it burn

My little bloke plays baseball at Mudjimba, so often I have an ally bat in the car.

I'd like to, but sets a poor example. BUGGER!