Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-08-2006, 11:16 PM   #1
CrankR
XR6 Madness

Default What happened to Limp Bizkit???

Was going through some old music tonight and came across one of Limp Bizkit's which got me thinking "they used to crank!"

I don't remember them releasing much lately, so where are they now?

Custom Tune, Underdrives, Paccie #4490's with 2 1/2 Magnaflow
CrankR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 11:36 PM   #2
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Hopefully gone for good?

If Fred Durst is still VP or P of Interscope, he doesn't need to make music anymore...
Old 13-08-2006, 11:37 PM   #3
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Last single I heard of theirs was the "Behind Blue Eyes" cover....that's going back a year maybe ???

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 11:41 PM   #4
BlueRaven
Dual O2 sensors

Oh.. apparently he is/was Senior Vice President.

Have a look on wikipedia.... wikipedia knows all..
Old 13-08-2006, 11:49 PM   #5
BlackLS

I think there was a few contributing factors, including 2 crap Albums (New old songs and Result may Vary) after the 3 excellent albums (3 dollar bill yall, significant other and chocolate starfish) as well as their music being no longer "fresh".

As well as the legal issues with the girls death at BDO in 01 and Wes Borland leaving, the band was never "complete" again and they faded off the scene.

Fred Durst is filming in a movie at the moment.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-08-2006, 11:56 PM   #6
HOON69
Banned

everyone give it up for the nookie :
LIMP always great music to wake the dead or annoy the ell outta the neighbours ;)
was great music for that year after that its kinda OLD :P
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2006, 12:01 AM   #7
crusher
Dirty ute club member

ummm...doesnt it matter? as long as Dirst is out of view. Hes a douche lol :P

Borland had some chops though. Ill admit I enjoyed some of there music.
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2006, 12:04 AM   #8
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Under the bonnet, trying to keep as clean as above!

in my top 3 bands! just started listening to the bizkit again. last single was eat you.
EB Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2006, 12:13 AM   #9
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well just visited the bizkit website and they got a new album out 'the unquestionable truth part 1'. there is only one other band that i can listen to every song on there cd and like it and that is powderfinger.
Old 14-08-2006, 12:16 AM   #10
Juzdin
Starter Motor

Fred Durst happened to Limp. He turned into a tool!

Also Wes Borland left which kind of meant there was no talent in the group. He left because he said they were going no where and he wanted to be more creative.

I used to like them with there first album, tried to like them with the second but by then they had lost there way.
Juzdin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2006, 12:23 AM   #11
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

All the latest info seems to be here :-

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/limp_bizkit/bio.jhtml

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
normxb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2006, 12:32 AM   #12
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well after reading that i have no idea what is going on. so is wes borland back in the band?
Old 14-08-2006, 12:57 AM   #13
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Pffft that's nothing. What ever happened to the Presidents of the USA?
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2006, 01:10 AM   #14
HOON69
Banned

like the other presidents they are either dead or getting it on with the secretary's etc
LIMP RULES
chocolate starship and the hot dog flavoured water& significant other #1 and #2 album 4EVA : :P
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2006, 01:24 AM   #15
5L
[ 5L ]

i was just listening to chocolate starfish today best track is the rollin remix
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2006, 01:27 AM   #16
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

the unquestionable truth part 1 was the worst album i've ever heard in my life. only had 6 songs or something on it too. They completely changed the sound and it didn't seem to work... at all. Chocolate starfish was a great album, but nothing will beat their original 100 dollar bill yall album. Significant other had some great songs on it too. I quite liked results my vary, but after that they ... changed.
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2006, 08:27 AM   #17
LTDHO
The one and only

Limp Bizkit rocked - all their songs do but one!

AFAIK the guitarist left and the band split. Simple. It happends. It's a shame as LB sounds awesome cranked!!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2006, 09:26 AM   #18
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Who Cares.

They were OK as far as the bands of today go, but they are just like all of the bands that have 3 months of music lessons then record an album. Years ago you had to be almost virtuoso to get any kind of record deal; and as such people like Vai, Satriani, Eric Johnson, van halen etc made sure that kids became fretboard junkies.
Now you only need three chords to make an album. What a crock.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2006, 10:57 AM   #19
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltd
Who Cares.

They were OK as far as the bands of today go, but they are just like all of the bands that have 3 months of music lessons then record an album. Years ago you had to be almost virtuoso to get any kind of record deal; and as such people like Vai, Satriani, Eric Johnson, van halen etc made sure that kids became fretboard junkies.
Now you only need three chords to make an album. What a crock.
Agreed.

Limp Bizkit bite the big one as far as im concerned.

Nice guitarists you have listed there ltd. Dont forget yngwie malmsteen(sp?) - who Im sure ive seen advertisements for an upcoming tour?!
XA Coupsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-08-2006, 11:16 AM   #20
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Actually, a mate of mine was in a music store the other day doing some appreggios, and this tool from one of these new bands comes over and wants to know what appreggiator he was using because it sounded "mad".
When he explained that he didn't know what an appreggiator was, the guy basically got him to demonstrate how he achieved the sound. Apparently he was dumbfounded.
Is this the kind of musicians we have today; of course I mean all of you guitarists out there who play or have played when the guitar was called an axe, when mullets ruled and when leather wasn't a sign of gay.
Don't get me wrong, I was clapping in the mid to late 90's with some of the music but this seattle revivalist crap is now just ultra boring. We have people like Knoll and Sebastian, not to mention rip off traders and Avril (one hit wonder) Lavigne. Add to that every single wanna be rapper and clone of eminem; you're left with little choice other than to think that music these days really does suck, and don't even get me started on James Blunt the silly little............

Quote: