Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 08-08-2006, 10:44 PM   #1
eminvil_12

Default body piercing in melb

Hey guys, i'm looking at getting another piercing, first one was an eyebrow piercing at a ICE accessories in a shopping center.

Next piercing i want to have taken care of a little better, does anyone know whrere a good place around melbourne, preferebly in esssendon area or city i suppose.

Also ones which dont need consent from parents, i'm two months from being 18 and dont want my parents knowing aout the piercing

thanks guys

eminvil_12 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2006, 11:01 PM   #2
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your crazy!!!!!!!!!!

Forget the piercing and save your money for car mods or a house.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2006, 01:13 AM   #3
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Your crazy!!!!!!!!!!

Forget the piercing and save your money for car mods or a house.
Agreed!!! :
My idiot son in law thought it be cool to get a pin put through the eye of his willy,which was great until it got infected and he ended up in hospital for a week or so on an antibiotic drip :
Why dont you spend the next 2 months thinking it over and if you still want to go ahead with it at least you'll be legal and can be honest with your parents who Im sure only have your best interests at heart.
New ride....07' RSpec manual Typhoon in Winter White....factory sunroof, Premium sound, Process West intercooler, upsized tubing, valve springs, 1000cc injectors, Delphi intank pump,*modified turbo, 4" dump, 5" cat, dual 2 1/2" Xforce exhaust, Mal Wood Opt 5 clutch, Herrod shifter, Ozrace coilovers with adj. Whiteline bars, 6 spot Brembos,
Edit by Crescent Motorsport.....382rwkws @ 1150nms on E85....
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2006, 03:21 AM   #4
Kommandant
ED4LYFE

I got 2 done at the same time on my left eyebrow a few milimetres apart, cost me $110 and was great, got a bit swollen and infected after a few months (first few months were fine). Think it might have been because i never took it out, simply because i did once and it took me a good hour to put the bloody thing back in and it hurt like hell doing it.

I'm glad my GF made me take them out and its healed over, sure it was fun at the time but looking back I should have saved that money and used it on booze at the end of the formal Oh well

btw to the guy above me, I bet your daughter was the main one responsible for your son-in-law getting that done, all the blokes i know who have had it done have done it simply because their missus wanted it done, lol.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:21 PM   #5
Reign
Argg..

By law you need to be over 18 to get any type of piercing, and if not you need concent from your parents, I agree give it the couple of months, think it over. Im roughly your age and I have seen so many of my mates get them done, and just end up getting infected or ripped the **** out of, when we're on the turps:baby bott:. Thats why I got tattoo's :P. Just think about it mate...
Reign is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2006, 02:23 PM   #6
Simmo
White Lightning

for that exact reason i say go ahead. you can always remove a piercing if you dont like it. also try to get medical grade titanium jewelery. my eyebrow bar is 100% titanium and it's NEVER been infected even with me playing with it and not cleaning it like i was told.
Simmo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2006, 02:55 PM   #7
Velocity XR6
Starter Motor

tattoos are the way to go a few hours in the chair is the best therapy
Velocity XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2006, 11:35 PM   #8
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

btw to the guy above me, I bet your daughter was the main one responsible for your son-in-law getting that done, all the blokes i know who have had it done have done it simply because their missus wanted it done, lol.[/QUOTE]

Truth is, his mate had it done and I think it was more a case of "monkey see monkey do". My daughter thought it was a dumb thing to do from the start but he wouldnt be talked out of it
New ride....07' RSpec manual Typhoon in Winter White....factory sunroof, Premium sound, Process West intercooler, upsized tubing, valve springs, 1000cc injectors, Delphi intank pump,*modified turbo, 4" dump, 5" cat, dual 2 1/2" Xforce exhaust, Mal Wood Opt 5 clutch, Herrod shifter, Ozrace coilovers with adj. Whiteline bars, 6 spot Brembos,
Edit by Crescent Motorsport.....382rwkws @ 1150nms on E85....
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2006, 11:09 AM   #9
Kapn_Kiwi
It is hard...

A few tips:

Have something to eat around an hour beforehand. You'll be feeling better.

When you go in, ask them about sterilisation. Ask if they have an autoclave.

Have a chat to the piercer first. Make sure you're comfortable with them. Ask them about their aftercare techniques etc. Having a copy of "The Piercee's bill of rights" is also a huge plus.
Have a look around the studio and make sure it's not dingy. The best places will be completely open about this (except if someone's being pierced at that very moment)

If you see a piercing gun, RUN.

Ask around beforehand. You could maybe check www.BMEzine.com for a few piercing places in your area.

Jewellery - go for surgical steel or medical titanium.
Old 10-08-2006, 11:50 AM   #10
Leah
www.madel.com.au

I went to a tattoo place in Dandenong, ill find the name for you. Got my nose and stomach done there. The guy was awesome and used good quailty jewellery. Never had an infection in either piercing and had them in for probly 5-6 years. The good thing about piercings is you can take them out if you grow out of them and they just heal over. If you do start to notice an infection, clean it straight away and if it doesnt improve, take it out.
Leah is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2006, 04:55 PM   #11
eminvil_12

Thanks guys for some advice.
Piercings are great because you can easily just take them out, i agree, and a tat will come in the next year or so, need to have a good think about what things mean to me.

I will definately be getting surgical steel jewellery, thats the norm these days im pretty sure. In Victoria anyway.

To answer another question, you do not need parental consent to get a piercing in Victoria, i'm 17 and got my eyebrow done no problems, same as a mate got his nipple done no questions asked.

Anyway, i will do abit of googling and see if i can find some decent places in around my area
Old 10-08-2006, 05:34 PM   #12
Kapn_Kiwi
It is hard...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eminvil_12
To answer another question, you do not need parental consent to get a piercing in Victoria, i'm 17 and got my eyebrow done no problems, same as a mate got his nipple done no questions asked.
It'd probably be a good sign if they asked for consent, to be honest. A PITA, but still a good sign.
Old 10-08-2006, 05:55 PM   #13
eminvil_12

Laws in Vic are
16+ for any piercing except genital i think i read.

Rules me out unless i get consent lol, daaamn
Old 10-08-2006, 08:36 PM   #14
xbgs351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapn_Kiwi
When you go in, ask them about sterilisation. Ask if they have an autoclave.
Ask to see the autoclave, calibration certificates and validation paperwork. If they can't, walk away. Ice Accesories should be able to do this as they have a contract with a leading autoclave manufacturer. Most pharmacies & dentists that pierce should also be able to do this, but many piercers will just look at you with a stupid look on their face.
xbgs351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post