Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 07-08-2006, 07:03 PM   #1
AU2PWR
Spin 'em Habib !

Default Audio !

What Size is the Hole in the Parcel shelf , i think its designed for Premium Audio Subwoofer ,

???

Cheers
Daniel

AU2PWR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2006, 07:44 PM   #2
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yep, that it is, and will only fit a baby 8 inch sub at that. if you get one, get an after market, i am looking at a JBL. it will be a lot better than the standard even off the "premium" amp.
ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2006, 02:46 AM   #3
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

im told if you bolt from underneath(so the sub is mounted from the underside rather than dropped in from the top) you can fit a 10" sub

its better to have a boxed sub somewhere in the boot (you could build a fibreglass item to fill in one of the parts between the wheel arch and the back of the boot with a 10 or 12" sub and have much better clarity and bass from it)
Old 08-08-2006, 02:50 AM   #4
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

yes i'd recomment putting it in an enclosure and securing in the boot, as a decent sub in the factory position will rattle the be-jezuz out of the parcel shelf. It could also damage the parcel shelf over time.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:11 PM   #5
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Agreed. While it's good for visual treatment, practicality is non-existent

Unless of course you were to build a box and mount it underneath the shelf

Hmmm....
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2006, 12:24 PM   #6
ClassicAU
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by clontarf_x
Agreed. While it's good for visual treatment, practicality is non-existent

Unless of course you were to build a box and mount it underneath the shelf

Hmmm....
both my father and my brother have this done in their falcons, and i really dont think it has made all that much of a difference. there is feel there, dont get me wrong, but there is no depth to the bass. although it is alot better than the standard setup thats for sure. thats why i am just looking to replace the sub as a temp measure till i have the cash to do it properly.
ClassicAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2006, 12:25 PM   #7
blackers10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

well clonarf_x if he build a FIBREGLASS enclosure in between the rear wheel arch and the tail lights with the sub in there.. it would use next to NO space and if he put a grille over the sub (get one of those cool LED ones from Jaycar or Aerpro) then there is no real chance of damaging the sub