Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 05-08-2006, 07:54 PM   #1
peterban
AULTD

Default Tickford alarm problem

Hi
I have the genuine Ford Tickford alarm , which was standard equipment on the AU2 LTD.
Just lately it has been playing up. It goes off by itself for no apparent reason.
It also beeps 3 times when unlocking and then flashes the lights 8 times to tell me the back-up battery is low.

I pulled the siren apart and the battery is a 7.2 volt battery made up of 6 1.2 volt cells soldered on to the circuit board.
Just wondering has anyone any advice on sourcing the batteries as Jaycar only sell the separate 1.2 volt batteries and not the made up one.

Also where abouts is the shock sensor located I can't see it up under the dash.

peterban is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-08-2006, 08:48 PM   #2
howesy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had an almost identical problem with mine when six months old and I was informed that the problem is with the key barrel itself and the contacts underneath it. they can get an oxidisation or pitting when worn or if they get moisture in them the same results. He told to try pushing down on the centre of the barrell hard with a circular motion for a few times and I followed his advice and it hasn't played up since (2yrs) He said sometimes it just needs that bit of pressure to seat everything. Nothing to lose, give it a go.
howesy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-08-2006, 05:31 PM   #3
peterban
AULTD

Batteryworld near Frankston made up a battery for me and all I had to do was solder it in. Cost was $30.
Still can't find the shock sensor though.!!!!
peterban is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post