Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 02-08-2006, 03:45 AM   #1
FoxMulder

Default New Stephen King TV series

Has anyone seen the new television series entitled "Nightmares and Dreamscapes: from the stories of Stephen King"?

When you watch it, you can easily see that it was filmed in Melbourne. Especially when you spot things like the Burley tunnel, Citylink, Trams, Falcons, Commodores, and there was an episode that occurred at the Hotel Windsor.

It's quite interesting how they try to pass it off as different cities aswell. (i.e. as London, Boston, etc).

My mum's a big Stephen King fan, and couldn't wait for it to be shown on Australian TV, (she loves the other stephen king shows, the dead zone and kingdom hospital). Not to mention that Aus TV is not the most reliable when it comes to strange (and possibly not very popular) television.

I highly recommend this show, it's very interesting and very very strange. (the first episode has absolutely no dialogue, yet is quite captivating).

FoxMulder is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 10:50 AM   #2
Angry Beaver
Beaver fever

Ok but when is it on.. As I dont get to see any normal tv through the day and therefore dont get to see ads.
Angry Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 11:30 AM   #3
rodderz

There are a few more stories that King wrote years ago that would be great movies like some of the others. The Long Walk and Highway would be great ones. Interestingly "The Running Man" is a fair way different from the book and would be great to follow the book if it were re-made
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 01:27 PM   #4
max
LWBforME

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder
Has anyone seen the new television series entitled "Nightmares and Dreamscapes: from the stories of Stephen King"?

When you watch it, you can easily see that it was filmed in Melbourne. Especially when you spot things like the Burley tunnel, Citylink, Trams, Falcons, Commodores, and there was an episode that occurred at the Hotel Windsor.

It's quite interesting how they try to pass it off as different cities aswell. (i.e. as London, Boston, etc).

My mum's a big Stephen King fan, and couldn't wait for it to be shown on Australian TV, (she loves the other stephen king shows, the dead zone and kingdom hospital). Not to mention that Aus TV is not the most reliable when it comes to strange (and possibly not very popular) television.

I highly recommend this show, it's very interesting and very very strange. (the first episode has absolutely no dialogue, yet is quite captivating).
Sounds cooo-el. So when? What station?
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 02:03 PM   #5
FASTXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
There are a few more stories that King wrote years ago that would be great movies like some of the others. The Long Walk and Highway would be great ones. Interestingly "The Running Man" is a fair way different from the book and would be great to follow the book if it were re-made
Exactly - I'd always thought The Long Walk would be a great film, and I'm b*ggered if I can figure out why they changed The Running Man like they did. I think the concept of having the whole country against you was much more appealing than that stupid "colluseum" concept in the movie.
Btw, don't know of a story called Highway - do you mean Roadworks, where the guy's house is going to be demolished to make way for a road?
FASTXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 02:33 PM   #6
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTXR
Btw, don't know of a story called Highway - do you mean Roadworks, where the guy's house is going to be demolished to make way for a road?
Ay, thats the one! Couldnt find the book so had a guess, knew it had something to do with roads
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post