Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: Has your house been broken into?
Yes 29 29.90%
No 62 63.92%
More than Once 6 6.19%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2006, 02:33 AM   #1
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Default House Burgled

My House that i share with my house mate was broken into today...I came home to find my house mate sweeping up the glass in the courtyard where the bastards broke through the window...
He lost his New Laptop, New Digital Camera and New Digital Video Camera

They stole my Digital Camera, Watch, Sports Bag, IPod, Jeans (Yes....Jeans) and my Belt!!! :ticking:

I dont know whats more disturbing, the thought of someone going through your house or the memories of mine they now have access to..Its Both. My Camera had photo's of my Ex and I as well as some video of the great times we spent together. I'm Feeling angry, sad and Insecure about them making a trip back..

I know people here have probably been through worse but its never nice knowing someone has forced themselves into your home.

Last edited by Bucket; 02-08-2006 at 02:45 AM.
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 04:39 AM   #2
FRDGAL
GT-P #0336

Were you insured?
2003 FULLY OPTIONED MERCURY SILVER BA GT-P BUILD #336
REVERSE CAMERA - SAT NAV - PIONEER SUB & AMP - SUNROOF - DVD PLAYER - CUSTOM DUAL EXHAUST
~Tuned By Bluepower Racing~
FRDGAL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 07:35 AM   #3
'63Deluxe
Irregular Member

I was broken into twice in 5 days a few years ago. They took everthing with an electrical cord and all my CD's. The second time they stole the TV I had borrowed.
It felt pretty bad that the theives would just come in and take what they wanted when they wnated. Lucky our lease was up the week after and we got the hell out of there.
'63Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 07:58 AM   #4
LUXO_8
windsor user

our house has been broken into 2 times! both inside of 12 months..

we were told by the cops to expect it as they usually wait a while and do it again to get all your new stuff you've bought from your house insurance payout

ops...just realised i voted "yes" instead of "more than once"
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 08:43 AM   #5
LTDHO
The one and only

My folks place got broken into.

Fortunately the electric were all secured in a unit, so nothing was taken.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 10:21 AM   #6
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

10 years ago when I was just a wee lad, my families house was broken into whilst we were all asleep at home. Happened about 2am, when my mum heard footsteps down stairs, she got up and looked down the stairs and thought it was my brother walking around, then she realised it was an intruder and screamed, my dad jumped out of bed completley naked and tore downstairs, this guy **** himself dropped the Yamaha keyboard he was carrying and ran out the back door, not before my dad dived at him and pulled out a chunk of his long hair. My dad (still naked) then chased him down the street but he got away (dad gave the neighbours a good scare though : ).

Once everyone calmed down we realised he broke in throught the back door downstairs with a jimmy bar and got away with my mums handbag. The handbag was next to my mum and dads bed and my mum slept furthest from the door - so he would have had to come all the way upstairs, into my parents bedroom whilst they were sleeping, around the bed and took the bag from next to my mums head. Now that is some serious risk for $20 in the bag :thebirds:
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 10:23 AM   #7
awsome4.0
Banned

That sux. SCUM thats all they are SCUM.
awsome4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 10:40 AM   #8
shane3
FPV GT 0915

The place that my wife and I are in hasn't been broken into, but a place that I was sharing with 3 others 14 years ago was, we did suspect an old house mate for the burglery as the person got past the dog, she was a very good guard dog, and the front door nor the back door was forced open, and they new exactly were every thing was hidden, ($2500 cash ,jewellery that I had inherited from my father, my 4 gold roman coins ($1800 total), and the keys to my custom made knife collection $3250, all were locked in a small money kitty inside the base of my bed, You had to lift up the top mattress to get to the base, They didn't bother with the TV or stereo.
The other guys had money, jewellery, and a substantial amount of drugs taken, but nothing that would not fit in a average back pack, we reported the theft to the cops but left the drugs out of the report, I got back the knives, 3 in total, but every thing else was history, I moved out 3 weeks later.
Bluprint BA GT 2004 Model - Mods: Tinted Windows, Premium Sound, BBS Mags, 245/35R19 fronts, 285/30R19 rears, BMC POD Filter, SS cold air induction, HM tri-y headers, Redback cat back system, Herrod power snorkle, moded Herrod helix spacer, 4" ram air induction, More to come..
shane3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 10:40 AM   #9
max
LWBforME

Low life. They'll get theirs!!
max is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 10:49 AM   #10
Angry Beaver
Beaver fever

I didnt vote as I dont want to jinx myself. It would make you feel so violated tho and I feel for those who have had it happened.
Angry Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 11:24 AM   #11
Dezza
Parts bin special

Luckily no for me. Hope it stays this way. These people who break into houses don't even deserve air to breath.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 12:39 PM   #12
Kommandant
ED4LYFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane3
The place that my wife and I are in hasn't been broken into, but a place that I was sharing with 3 others 14 years ago was, we did suspect an old house mate for the burglery as the person got past the dog, she was a very good guard dog, and the front door nor the back door was forced open, and they new exactly were every thing was hidden, ($2500 cash ,jewellery that I had inherited from my father, my 4 gold roman coins ($1800 total), and the keys to my custom made knife collection $3250, all were locked in a small money kitty inside the base of my bed, You had to lift up the top mattress to get to the base, They didn't bother with the TV or stereo.
The other guys had money, jewellery, and a substantial amount of drugs taken, but nothing that would not fit in a average back pack, we reported the theft to the cops but left the drugs out of the report, I got back the knives, 3 in total, but every thing else was history, I moved out 3 weeks later.
Yeah mate the problem with living with people who take drugs, is that a lot of the time they get hooked and need to steal in order to fix their habit, so they go after friends and family.

Fortunatly for me I've never had my house broken into. Luckily I live in a pretty good area.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:06 PM   #13
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDGAL_AU6
Were you insured?
Yea, insured...thats why i wasnt to concerned about the goods...yes its very annoying but i can get them back...Its the memories i had on my camera and the fact that they have just going looking through my stuff :

Its a good coincendence that my house mate and I are moving out soon
Old 02-08-2006, 01:53 PM   #14
XRated
Shoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket
Yea, insured...thats why i wasnt to concerned about the goods...yes its very annoying but i can get them back...Its the memories i had on my camera and the fact that they have just going looking through my stuff :

Its a good coincendence that my house mate and I are moving out soon
I know the feeling about the memories. I lost my phone (N70) a few months back and all I wanted was my personal images and messages back.. They could've kept the phone for all I care, I just wanted the SD chip with my memories.

20V Turbo

XRated is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 02:39 PM   #15
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

...I wish they'd stolen your computer...

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 02:41 PM   #16
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

Sorry... couldn't help myself.

Just jks...

:

Serious face now:
That sucks mate. Good thing yuo are insured but as you say, its things of sentimental value which can not be replaced.

Hope they catch the ****wits. out:

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 02:50 PM   #17
GCFordChic
I love AU XR8s

That really sucks. I havent been, neither has my family, ever. I know it can happen anywhere but i have always lived in "good neighbourhoods" and had security alarms etc. Scares people off. I feel a little safer in an apartment seeing as someone would need a ladder, but i still worry it will happen one day, and being at uni im scared it would be my laptop and uni textbooks and i will fail... I know that sounds stupid but some were $200 or so each, all over $80, resold for as much as $150 and there is always a market for those books!

I almost didnt vote, because i didnt want to jinx myself either...the "No" option should say "Touch Wood"....im at uni surrounded by plasterboard, laminated desks and plastic chairs...do any of those count..lol.

FPV & XR Owners Club of Qld
Want more info on our club?
fpvxrqldinfo@gmail.com
or see our Club Section

My Garage:
AU II XR8 Sedan "Lil T"
Hyundai i30 SR
yeah baby!
GCFordChic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 03:25 PM   #18
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonky
...I wish they'd stolen your computer...

Hehe...I've got my work Laptop...you'll never stop me!! Muhahaha!!! :thebirds:

Its worth a LOT- the dumbasses should have taken it...but its also very heavy
Would have been hard to replace under insurance though maybe... total ammount i've spent on the Components is pushing $4500
However, if it had been covered it would make for one VERY tasty machine now :hihi:
Old 02-08-2006, 03:31 PM   #19
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCFordChic
That really sucks. I havent been, neither has my family, ever. I know it can happen anywhere but i have always lived in "good neighbourhoods" and had security alarms etc. Scares people off. I feel a little safer in an apartment seeing as someone would need a ladder, but i still worry it will happen one day, and being at uni im scared it would be my laptop and uni textbooks and i will fail... I know that sounds stupid but some were $200 or so each, all over $80, resold for as much as $150 and there is always a market for those books!

I almost didnt vote, because i didnt want to jinx myself either...the "No" option should say "Touch Wood"....im at uni surrounded by plasterboard, laminated desks and plastic chairs...do any of those count..lol.
A word of advice, buy a lock cable for your Laptop, most Laptops these days come with a little connections that allows the Lock cable to attach itself to your laptop and as long as you loop the cable arround something Hard to move .... like a bead head...that will stop them usually...If your fairly computer literate, also put a Bios Password on your laptop...unless they know much about Laptops... that will seriously ****** them up. :hihi:
Old 02-08-2006, 04:01 PM   #20
hamo
since the beginning

i'll share my most recent break in...

3 blokes with ski masks and crow bar kicked down my front door while me and the mrs were sleeping. dragged me out of bed, roughed me up a bit and grabbed anything of value from my room then took off. all lasted about 1-2 min.

week later i bought the security screen door which i kept putting off buying :

Always Autotech
hamo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 04:14 PM   #21
Kommandant
ED4LYFE

I'd have bought a shotgun :P
Old 02-08-2006, 04:25 PM   #22
TURBO_GHIA
hmmm boost

never been broken into ,next door neighbours have tho ,except there's is a holiday house and they dont live there ,dad came home to a weird car parked next door ,and didnt reconise the people and it hit him they were robbing the place ,so dad parked in front of them and tryed to stop them ,they droped everything and sped off in the car ,we rang the neighbours and they came up from syd real quick ,the robbers had a $25,000's teleskope at the front door ready to put into the car .lucky,but if they want to rob our place if the can get past the gate and up the driveway they can have it LOL ,you hanvt seen my driveway HAHAHAH
TUNED BY JEM
TURBO_GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 04:28 PM   #23
hamo
since the beginning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommandant
I'd have bought a shotgun :P
bought a rottweiler instead :evil_laug sleeps right next to my bed

Always Autotech
hamo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 05:09 PM   #24
VSSII

A mate of mine had the family home broken into on Christmas Eve many moons ago. A very harsh time to do a job like that be they were living in the Druitt at the time. Anyhow the Western Sydney Santa is found helping himself to the pressies by his Dad, who takes him out the front and gives him an absolute hiding. Dad then walks inside and calls the ambos saying there's someone out the front who might need some assistance.

Ambos turned up, as did the boys in blue who happened to notice the torn windscreen on his house. He thanked them for bringing it to his attention as "someone could get in there on a warm summers night!" The boys in blue gave a big grin and said "not a problem sir!"
VSSII is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 06:19 PM   #25
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Our old house was broken into while mum walked to my school to pick me up.
We were walking back, about to cross the road into our driveway, and saw a couple in a blue laser, parked next to our house, arguing.
They looked at us and then the woman got in the car and they took off.

They kicked in a panel in our back door that our dog had already weakened during a thunderstorm, crawled in and after looking through the house could only find our fishing rods (only been used once), and my Dad's chainsaw which was an engagement present from my mum.

We found the chainsaw in the backyard, we guessed that they were arguing about whether or not to go back and pick it up too.

We built a new house on the same site 6 years ago, and the night before we moved in people broke in through the garage (garage door hadn't been installed yet) and took our black ceramic cooktop and matching microwave.
They tried to remove the rangehood and oven, but either couldn't, or were disturbed by my mum arriving to water the concrete that had just been laid.
The place had only been unattended for about 30mins.

They shot themselves in the foot though, as they cut the gas pipeline to the cooktop at the wrong place, and the regulator that goes with it was left on the connection, so the cooktop was useless to them.

Our builders replaced everything out of their own pocket.

We saw our stuff being carried out of a neighbours garage a few months later when they were raided by the AFP...
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 07:11 PM   #26
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers
We saw our stuff being carried out of a neighbours garage a few months later when they were raided by the AFP...
Are they still neighbours??

Those building these days have to beware, not just by dodgy residents and crooks doing the rounds but the tradies themselves. Everything on building sites is worth money, and they will take it.

I've worked at houses where the packing sand that was delivered to do the slab was taken, then timber was stolen, then materials for inside were taken. The timber and materials was found to be one of the tradies working on the house, they used the stolen stuff to save $$ on another job then they charged the builder twice for installing the stuff they flogged!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 07:58 PM   #27
Till_Lind
E-series fan

Once, was a year or so ago. Got through one of my windows. Stole valuables including brother's ipod (got it for his birthday that year), all my mother's jewelry (heirlooms and all worth 10s of thousands of dollars) and my entire DVD collection (that I look after religiously). I got home from work and every one was outside. Mum said that she thinks they took all my DVDs and I just cried like a baby.

We are insured, but they basically treat you like you are the criminal, and want all this proof. But I did get the majority of my DVDs back (not rare and limited ones though).
Old 02-08-2006, 08:08 PM   #28
rapidxr6
AS IT SAYS.....

The house i grew up in was broken into one night when we were all in bed. Mum's purse was taken with her and my dad's wages in it. Small town syndrome back in the early 80's nobody used to lock their houses or cars at night.
A flat i rented in Mt Gambier was broken into through the bedroom window and a mates stereo was stolen. It was other 'friends' of ours that stole it, they hocked it off at local cashy's and it was found.
And this house here was broken into twice in 2weeks, cash was stolen, ciggarettes and food from the cupboard. Also the were into my computer. What ****ed me off most was they went threw all of our drawers and belongings, the wife felt extemely violated. Luckily on their second visit my neighbours saw two local teen druggies. Walking out of our back door at around 11.30am...the wife comes home for dinner at 12.00 brazen little sods. I had them sorted out "internally" through their parents and to my own demise.
And just last year an old family farmhouse where i was storing some fireworks was broken into and they stole all my fireworks.. NOW THAT PEEVED ME OFF THE MOST!! I know who stole them but have you ever heard of the term "avoided, like the plague?" they will have their comupance..oneday.
Oh and on a lighter side I get robbed every week from my employers and not to mention that darn TAX man..!!..

Last edited by rapidxr6; 02-08-2006 at 08:11 PM. Reason: not correct to post names!!
rapidxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 09:56 PM   #29
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
Are they still neighbours??
No.
After the son's little black market tobacco operation was closed down, his mother couldn't pay the mortgage, so she had to move, and he is now a guest of the state.

We've also had our bus depot broken into 4 times.

They do it once, then come back exactly a month later and do it again. Happened 2 years in a row.

Probably just kids, but we tightened up security.
They trashed the office and poured beer through all the files and drawers, but took nothing.

Next time they removed a concrete block from the wall and crawled through, and the last time they went to the shed opposite ours, which our tennant constantly leaves wide open, grabbed bolt cutters , and headed for our tool shed. (Locked up inside our locked shed)

Didn't take any tools, but we had the family's pet Corella in a cage there.
He talked, and obviously annoyed them during their previous trips, so they tried to grab him out of the cage and put him in a box.

He must have shredded their hands and arms as there were pools of blood and blood all over the box they used.
Once outside, they obviously couldn't take the pain anymore as they dropped the box and he flew away.

That really makes me angry. :jab:
Tools and stuff are replaceable, a family's pet is not, and he'd been in the family, in various homes for years.
Been in captivity so long that it's doubtful that he would have survived very long on his own. : :
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-08-2006, 10:12 PM   #30
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It was 1999 when I was still living at home & Mum's house was broke into. I got a call at work & Mum sounded rather upset & her first words where " dont panic but ive got some bad news?" what? "the house has been broken into. I asked my boss if I could go home to have a look as Mum advised the Police had just arrived. A retired neighbour next door rang the cops after seeing a strange HQ Station Wagon hanging around " turned out to be stolen" My TV playstation camera (50) cds passport & my Swiss Military watch that I bought a month earlier in Switzerland (had just treated myself to six weeks in Europe) all gone. My brother lost over 700 of his cds & his computer & Mum lost her TV Video & her mums wedding ring that was insured in its own right for $10000. I felt so peeded of & that someone had been through all our stuff they really made a mess emptying draws cuboards turning over mattresses etc. Lucky for Insurance but doesnt replace sentimental things eg Mum's (mothers) wedding ring.

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post