Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-07-2006, 05:20 PM   #1
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default World Cup Headbutt

I'm not sure if this is a repost, forgive me if it is, but I received this in an email on the headbutt to the Materazzi in the final. How much truth to it, I don't know but you can find it here.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=4204

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalfooball
Zidane saw red after sick mother taunts
tribalfooball.com - July 11, 2006

Taunts over Zinedine Zidane's poorly mother are being claimed as to spark that led to French ace's head-butt on Marco Materazzi in Sunday's World Cup final.

A lip-reader told The Sun that Materazzi called Zidane a "son of a terrorist whore" before the French Algerian was sent off in Sunday's explosive match.

A French Football Federation source also told The Sun: "If you insult Zidane's mother you are asking for trouble. Combine such words with a reference to terrorism, which French Algerians are very sensitive about, and a violent reaction might appear inevitable."

The clash that ended Zidane's glittering career in disgrace came after Materazzi tweaked his NIPPLE.

Top lip-reader Marianne Frere revealed the Italian told Zidane - who understands the language after playing for Juventus - a high ball was "not for feccia like you".

Feccia is an Italian insult meaning scum or s**t.

Zidane smiled at Materazzi as he walked away. But there was another exchange, Zidane turned and floored him with a butt to the chest. The lip-reader claimed the Italian had said: "We all know you are the son of a terrorist whore."

He added: "Viffanculo". (f*** off). A source close to the Italian squad claimed that after twisting Zidane's nipple, Materazzi asked him: "What, don't you like it?" The French captain replied: "A bit too hard to turn me on."

But Materazzi shouted: "Well, I did it that way because I know that's how your mother likes it."

Materazzi yesterday denied calling Zidane a terrorist. He said: "It is absolutely not true. I'm ignorant. I don't know what the word means."

Materazzi's agent denied any racist slur - and said the attack came when Zidane offered to swap shirts later and the Italian replied: "'I'd rather take the shirt off your wife."
I was wondering what sparked the outburst. Whether it's true or not I'm not sure. I've heard people say that he's a fairly composed player, ao I thought it must have been something significant for him to react that way.

Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 05:24 PM   #2
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The only thing Zidane did wrong was not landing the headbutt on the end of that guys nose :
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 05:30 PM   #3
pennybrain
Heart of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGPIE
The only thing Zidane did wrong was not landing the headbutt on the end of that guys nose :
Hehe it was a great headbutt though. But still Zidane is a professional football player and he should know that you can't react like that no matter what was said to you. Although i know I would fire up if someone called me a terrorist and put my mother down in the same sentence.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:33 PM   #4
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It's a pity he had to go out like that To his credit thou, he did get player of the tournament.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:55 PM   #5
AdzT3-146
own the road

I have no doubts that something bad was said by Materazzi to make ZZ react the way he did, but after reading this on both the website of the sun, and now tribalfootball, who have a rep for making up garbage, im a bit sceptical whether or not that is what Materazzi said.
T3 TE50 #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
Id rather date a goat with syphilous then drive a maloo.
AdzT3-146 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 06:09 PM   #6
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Soccer... bunch of roughians
WILDTRAKPX2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 06:49 PM   #7
YuGoStaR
Long Member

It appears Materrazi deserved it, and much more.
Article Here

According to a BBC hired Lip Reader in the UK, Materazzi also said, "I wish an ugly death for you and your family". Then he said, "Go F*** yourself" finishing off with "You dirty terrorist". Zidane is from Algerian immigrant parents.
This all came after Zidane learnt of his mother becoming ill that day.

So it appears Zidane's outburst is not without due cause. I don't blame him. This was a football match, and not a slanging match. So this Italian stallion deserved what he got, and much more if you ask me.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:50 PM   #8
Gubas
- BOOYEH -

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdzELXR
I have no doubts that something bad was said by Materazzi to make ZZ react the way he did, but after reading this on both the website of the sun, and now tribalfootball, who have a rep for making up garbage, im a bit sceptical whether or not that is what Materazzi said.
Adam, I love the avatar. LMAO. :
Old 11-07-2006, 08:10 PM   #9
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Lip reading? Yeah right.

So far I have heard:
Sick mother taunt
Called his family peasants
Said he & his family are Terrorists
Called him a muslim ****
Made a remark about his sexuality

This is better than the grape vine :evil_laug

What ever sparked him off there is no excuse and the ref made the right call. Zidane should have just kept walking and got his revenge with a goal.

I thought it was pathetic how he walked off the field and into the change rooms while his team was still playing; he should have sat on the bench, accepted the blunder he made & taken the consequences while cheering his mates & team on.
especially concerning their love of the motor vehicle.

http://www.fireservicecollege.ac.uk
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 08:13 PM   #10
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydep
Lip reading? Yeah right.

So far I have heard:
Sick mother taunt
Called his family peasants
Said he & his family are Terrorists
Called him a muslim ****
Made a remark about his sexuality

This is better than the grape vine :evil_laug

What ever sparked him off there is no excuse and the ref made the right call. Zidane should have just kept walking and got his revenge with a goal.

I thought it was pathetic how he walked off the field and into the change rooms while his team was still playing; he should have sat on the bench, accepted the blunder he made & taken the consequences while cheering mates & team on.
afaik you have to leave the field completely.. sitting on the bench isnt good enough and he had no choice

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 08:13 PM   #11
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

These stories crack me up, better than border security.....
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 08:16 PM   #12
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
afaik you have to leave the field completely.. sitting on the bench isnt good enough and he had no choice
I wondered if that was a rule of the red card, he also didnt show when the French received their medallions for runners up either
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 08:35 PM   #13
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I found this as well. Looks like Materazzi is not the flavour of the football world. What I can tell from a few web sites around is that all the support as been for Zinedine with the only support for Materazzi coming from Italian's.

http://www.videosift.com/story.php?id=5193
Old 11-07-2006, 09:11 PM   #14
johnydep
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech article(s) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racecraft
Yeah, sorry. I forgot that, never had a red card.

Well that is a real bummer for him, he gets shafted both ways.

Just read on http://www.theworldgame.com.au/home/that he'll probably make a statement in a day or two.
especially concerning their love of the motor vehicle.

http://www.fireservicecollege.ac.uk
johnydep is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2006, 09:35 PM   #15
pennybrain
Heart of Blue

Another interesting materazzi video. But in all fairness you could probably make a video of all football players doing some pretty nasty fouls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hbls...arch=materazzi