Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 06-07-2006, 09:09 PM   #1
EFDream
XRR83D

Default Consumer Affairs, Anyone had any success?

My Insurance co. for my cars is giving my some real stuffing around this week and will not give me information etc. for the bank so this problem can b fixed and I've been told to contact consumer affairs about this matter. Has anyone ever had to contact them about anything and has anyone had any luck getting their problems solved?

Cheers
Phil

2007 Suzuki Swift - Pearl Red
Povo Pack

EFDream is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2006, 10:25 PM   #2
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFDream
My Insurance co. for my cars is giving my some real stuffing around this week and will not give me information etc. for the bank so this problem can b fixed and I've been told to contact consumer affairs about this matter. Has anyone ever had to contact them about anything and has anyone had any luck getting their problems solved?

Cheers
Phil
Found CA to be very helpful and understanding. Only made one complaint, it's still in process, so I'll see how it goes.

Glad I complained though!

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2006, 10:50 PM   #3
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Cheers
Phil

Might help if you tell us what the problem is.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-07-2006, 11:34 PM   #4
clontarf_x
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dealed with DOCEP (Department of Consumer and Employment and Protection) and they wooped ***. Don't expect them to be bringing down sledgehammers upon fingers, but they certainly help in breaking through the red tape and the rest of the bulls**t that companies tend to defend themselves with.

It got me my baby back
clontarf_x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 12:16 AM   #5
GRNKPR
DPC PERFORMANCE Race prep

usedthem before over petty incident ,more the point but very helpful

FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria FPV & XR Owners Club of Victoria

Ford Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car ClubFord Performance Car Club
GRNKPR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 12:28 AM   #6
Yaw
Ford Fanatic

I suggest you firstly try the insurance companies Internal dispute service.
(under the Finacial services reform act they must have one)
Then if still not satisfied go to the IOS (insurance ombudsman service)
They are the insurance arbitrators.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:23 AM   #7
EFDream
XRR83D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Might help if you tell us what the problem is.

The insurance co. overcharged my credit card on my premium payment(their error) and then 3 days later my card still wasn't refunded and the word from the bank is that they never got a credt request from the insurance co. after many repeated phone calls to the insurance co trying to get a cancellation receipt number to give my bank I finally gave up as they were apparently not authorised to give me any details about the whole thing. I talked to their dispute resolution dept. and they just said it's not their problem and pretty much stop ringing every night and wasting everybody's time! Meanwhile my bank can't give me my money back coz they still waiting for the cancellation to come thirough!.......aarrgggggg

Povo Pack

Old 07-07-2006, 08:35 AM   #8
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Phone the Ombudsman 1300 78 08 08.
I used him once and found him courteous and helpfull.
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 11:37 AM   #9
S3SR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
The insurance co. overcharged my credit card on my premium payment(their error) and then 3 days later my card still wasn't refunded and the word from the bank is that they never got a credt request from the insurance co. after many repeated phone calls to the insurance co trying to get a cancellation receipt number to give my bank I finally gave up as they were apparently not authorised to give me any details about the whole thing. I talked to their dispute resolution dept. and they just said it's not their problem and pretty much stop ringing every night and wasting everybody's time! Meanwhile my bank can't give me my money back coz they still waiting for the cancellation to come thirough!.......aarrgggggg
but its your money and your details...
and if they told you to stop ringing then something isnt going through..you need to tell them the error with some background that it was their fault....threaten them without swearing and demand they fix it immediatly
if i were you and there was a office somewhere id go in there and definently make everyone in there no whats going on

but keep a cool head...dont swear or dont keep swearing....im still in legal grounds with ebay regarding a refund they werent going to refund the money cause its not enough to make a claim....thats where the ACCC or whatever helped they gave me all the info i need and ebay have ACTUALLY phoned me on my home phone...WOW

anyways good luck remember money is money so get it back then change insurance if possible

2002 Ford Falcon AU S3 SR
2006 BF MKI Falcon XR6
2008 Mazda BT50 SDX
2004 BA XR8 ute
2006 AUDI A4 B7
2013 FG II XR6 Ute
2006 Ford Territory TX
2003 Ford Falcon XR8
2009 Territory Turbo Ghia

Current: 2012 Audi A4 B8 2.0T Quattro
S3SR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2006, 05:43 PM   #10
EFDream
XRR83D

Thanks for all the help. I sent a polite email "demanding" they fix the problem and I sent it to upper management and first thing this morning I had my money back in my account. I am seriously thinking of looking around at another insurance co. to as I've been quite put off by this whole load of crap.

Povo Pack