Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 06:19 AM   #1
ziggee

Default Freakiest coincidence, you've had?

ok what are they?

Old 05-07-2006, 10:05 AM   #2
falcon91

1978-Hawaii. Walked into a bar and bumped into my father! He was in the merchant navy (ANL) and had been divorced from my mum for 5 years. I had no idea where he was? I was in the RAN (Fleet air Arm).
Old 05-07-2006, 10:33 AM   #3
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I was talking to somone on here, that was born on the same date as me and born in the same hospital.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:48 PM   #4
XRchic
Hello

Coincidence? That ziggee posts yet another non Ford related thread on Ford site??? :P:P:P:P

: Cobra :
Old 05-07-2006, 01:54 PM   #5
Ryan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just so happens, when I made my post, it was the guy who posted above me. :

What a strange coincedence, in the Freakiest coincedence thread. lol
Old 05-07-2006, 01:56 PM   #6
Ringo
I see you....

Went for dinner with Mrs Ringo and a group of her friends who brought some of their friends as well....there was about 12 of us most of which I had never met.

One of the girls looked liked a dead ringer of someone who works in another department of the company I work for (along with 400 other people)...the words "very attractive" are applicable here. I was sure that she was the sister of the person I was thinking of....the similarity were even in her mannerisms.

I end up having a chat to her and she asked what I did, told her, she said who do you work for, i told her and I was waiting for the kicker where she would say say oh do you know such and such - she's my sister.

Instead she say do you know such and such...he's my brother. Hell yeah I know him, worked together on a few things over the years.

So someone I thought by the look of her was a family member of an attractive girl in my office ends up being the sister of a guy I worked with in the same office....there is no link between them.

That did my head in for a while.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:22 PM   #7
GOLDIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is a guy on here that was born in the same hospital as me but a year earlier now lives 5 minutes from me.

But the big think is his sister was born in the same hospital on the same day as me and our mums were in beds beside each other.

I did not meet this guy until i was 40.

Ian
Old 05-07-2006, 02:56 PM   #8
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRchic
Coincidence? That ziggee posts yet another non Ford related thread on Ford site??? :P:P:P:P

I second that statement!

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...e+Search&meta=

:togo: :togo: :togo:
Old 05-07-2006, 03:01 PM   #9
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Coincidence? That ziggee posts yet another non Ford related thread on Ford site???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
I second that statement!

But you forgot the freakish part is the fact there is NO POLL :evil_laug
Old 05-07-2006, 03:24 PM   #10
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery
But you forgot the freakish part is the fact there is NO POLL :evil_laug
It is probably there, just hidden somewhere and it will pop out .... BANG.... and scare the **** out of us... and there it will be.

Dont be deceived! Dont be fooled! A leopard does not change its spots! A ziggee posts Ford-free polls!

Old 05-07-2006, 03:27 PM   #11
whiskieboy

My mother sent my aunt in scotland a christmas card, the next day she got the same christmas card sent from my aunt, they actually bought and sent the same cards.
Also Mum got some photos of her new grandson from England, when she went into the city to buy a good frame for her photos, the shop she went into, actually had the same photos in the frames,which they to had just got from England. Certainly had Mum freakin out for a while, the shop owner gave her the frames for free.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:29 PM   #12
fiery
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=XRchic]It is probably there, just hidden somewhere and it will pop out .... BANG.... and scare the **** out of us... and there it will be.QUOTE]

Well I am running and hiding then.. :
Old 05-07-2006, 03:30 PM   #13
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

hmm.....

i was born on the same day as the local radio station opened up.....
Old 05-07-2006, 03:35 PM   #14
ziggee

Quote:
please correct me if I am wrong on a couple of things. (1) i have posted in the correct category (Non ford related) and (2) forums should have more than one avenue of communication?

I would post more about fords. except at present have nothing to say about them, as I am still in learning from people who know about them mode ;)

Xrchic, you can always click on my name and view profile and add me to ignore, I guess being a MOD though it would not work for you ;)

I have already been bully boy ed into not doing polls, I will not feel under pressure to not contribute and have to second guess weather I should post a thread based on the criteria "its a ford forum"

if anything its and oversight on the forum, having polls (that should not be used) and a section that is non ford related but there is still a strong emphasis on posting something ford related in it

but I do see the irony of your comment, yeah , its kind of a coincidence that I would post a thread with absolutely nothing to do with fords on a ford forum ;) hehehe I guess the people interest me, seem like a group of really diverse and intelligent group of individuals.. and at present finding it very enjoyable, but fear not, I get bored easy, same people saying the same stuff over a period of months, and I move on, I dare say you may not have to put up with me for to much longer...

How does that song go.... there's a lady that knows all that glitters is gold (then I forget the next bit) but sometimes words have two meanings

please insert the backing track of applause as people wait for me to push off. don't mean to be too defensive...

Old 05-07-2006, 03:41 PM   #15
ziggee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
I second that statement!

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...e+Search&meta=

:togo: :togo: :togo:

you would have to would you not, as there would be no dinner on the table tonight?

Mr L, do you dream about me naked too.... quick google search, yeah thats all me mate... ;) hehehe

Old 05-07-2006, 03:42 PM   #16
ziggee

anyway back OT, geezzz all the MODS, not posting on topic.... and trying to set a good example too..

currently 14 pages of non ford related threads... I assume you are all saying the same stuff to all the posters ;)

Mine was my dog story....

Old 05-07-2006, 03:45 PM   #17
ziggee

sorry really posted heaps to much here now, but been a good read (for those that bothered)

Old 05-07-2006, 03:54 PM   #18
McobraR
me may my mo

Not really freaky to me, but might be to some others. Sometimes when i see a number, its always a 66, or sometimes 666. For example, yesterday i was playing a flash game and i scored a 666, when im downloading somethin, when i go to check, i, majority of times, see it at 66%.
One freaky thing for me is everytime i had a grudge on someone (this was during high school) somethin bad happens to them. This person that i had a fight with after he took a joke too harshly, which i admit, i got hamemred badly lol (he was double/triple my size, what could i do? lol) got kicked out of school in a few years time, and another one i had a grudge on died in a car accident about 2 years ago (after school).
Dont kno if they mean anything. I might be a bad luck charm...
Old 05-07-2006, 03:54 PM   #19
Hardtopxb
Once PHASED.

I was in Nam in 69 and had just come in from a long range patrol looking like death. anyway i was walking back to my tent when I saw this captain coming towards me.I'm thinking hell that looks like my father(not seen him for about 6 years divorced from mum etc) walked passed, stopped turned around to find he had done the same.Yep it was dad, neither of us knew the other was in nam. the thing was he was only in camp for the day on some intel thing and it was pure coincidence we met at that time...
Old 05-07-2006, 04:14 PM   #20
normxb
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Sitting on the Dunny , Contemplating "What to do Next".

About 5 years ago we got a local builder to do some renovations on our house , sitting down to lunch one day started talking about where we had lived.
My wife came from Concord (Sydney) seems Col (builder) used to frequent the clubs around Fivedock & Canada Bay about the same time she did .

After we got married (1978) rented a unit in Auburn , his parents lived 2 blocks away.

He Moved to Blacktown , 4 blocks from where my parents lived. My dad used to work in the "Hardware section" at Nock & Kirbys , Col would have bought a lot of building supplies from dad.

Col moved to this country town in 1989 , wife & I moved here in 1991.

Parents used to own a farm here before moving to Sydney (1970) and I was saying how I used to be able to look out my bedroom window and see "the glow of the lights of the next town on a hazy night". Col says "hey, I bought a block of land that was part of a farm that was split up & where I want to build a house I can see the same town. Seems he bought what we called "the machinery shed paddock" . It's the block along side the farm house block.

Spooky Huh...

Keeping FORDS in the family

(Embarressment :yeees: , Son now has a "Camira" : )
"Look Right , Look Left , Look Right , BEFORE crossing Roads"
Old 05-07-2006, 04:38 PM   #21
XRchic
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggee
please correct me if I am wrong on a couple of things. (1) i have posted in the correct category (Non ford related) and (2) forums should have more than one avenue of communication?
Yes, you have posted in the correct area. However, the Bar is supposed to supplement the rest of the site, and also prevent the inundation of dribble into the rest of the site. I do not think it was set up as the main point of the forums and it certainly shouldnt be the ONLY place some members go...

Having said that, I was not totally serious.... hence the poking tongue out...:P:P:P

Quote:
I would post more about fords. except at present have nothing to say about them, as I am still in learning from people who know about them mode ;)
Thats fair enough, but maybe you could learn about them by actually talking about them with other members... I dont see how all the non Ford related threads (while entertaining for some) are helping you learn about them... perhaps you graduate up to the next level to the Pub, where you can combine chat with Fords... just a thought.

Quote:
Xrchic, you can always click on my name and view profile and add me to ignore, I guess being a MOD though it would not work for you ;)
I dont want to ignore you ziggee, I quite like you and Im only half serious, mostly teasing you! Hehe.

Im not a moderator either, nothing close.

Quote:
I have already been bully boy ed into not doing polls, I will not feel under pressure to not contribute and have to second guess weather I should post a thread based on the criteria "its a ford forum"
I dont think its pressure, just public opinion. If it is comforting, it is not just you but plenty of others who post stuff that is dubious with regard to its relevence or lack of it, to the forums community. Maybe its just bad timing that your massive amount of non Ford threads (in relation to other members) comes at a time when there is less tolerance for it because of past rubbish.

Quote:
if anything its and oversight on the forum, having polls (that should not be used) and a section that is non ford related but there is still a strong emphasis on posting something ford related in it
I dont think the problem is that you do it, its how OFTEN you have done it compared to other members, and perhaps the lack of relevance, even for the Bar. And the fact that it the Bar is perhaps becoming too much of a focal point for a Ford site at the moment. Everything is good, in moderation.

Quote:
but I do see the irony of your comment, yeah , its kind of a coincidence that I would post a thread with absolutely nothing to do with fords on a ford forum ;) hehehe I guess the people interest me, seem like a group of really diverse and intelligent group of individuals.. and at present finding it very enjoyable, but fear not, I get bored easy, same people saying the same stuff over a period of months, and I move on, I dare say you may not have to put up with me for to much longer...
I can see the reasoning in that, for sure. And I agree and also have similar interests. However, one would wonder why you would choose a Ford site to do it to such a large degree, thats all. Why not some other chat forums? I dont know the answers to that, but its just a thought.

Quote:
please insert the backing track of applause as people wait for me to push off. don't mean to be too defensive...
Dont go anywhere ziggee, I dont think anyone wants that. And youre not defensive, you are explaining your point of view, which is fine. Sometimes people just tease, you know - just as you do!

I think the key is everything you do is absolutely fine... just perhaps in smaller doses, or perhaps a change of focus... there are really some fantastic people on this site who DO know a lot about cars and Fords, and if you are looking to learn more, you have come to the right place, so why not take advantage and learn from them - I did!

Cheers mate

Jac

Old 05-07-2006, 05:32 PM   #22
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

This thread is now closed.

While the Bar is a place for non Ford/car related discussion, we would ask that threads started in the Bar have some element of relevance or usefulness to the forum community. This thread does not meet that criteria and therefore no further bandwidth will be devoted to it.

Thank you.
Closed Thread