Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-06-2006, 07:42 PM   #1
XR6turbo
Great EF XR8

Default Speeding ticket!

Hey guys,
I was just after the best way i should go about this. I recieved a fine today for 66km/h in a 60km/h zone. I would usually pay the fine, but i don't travel down this particular road (I am getting the photo just incase they are wrong), and find it really hard to believe it was me. Now how much success have any of you had in writing a letter to them and gotten off the offence. I ask this, because just incase it was speeding, do you think by admitting fault i could get away with a warning.

Old 15-06-2006, 07:47 PM   #2
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

If the photo comes up and its not your car then you wil have an arguement.....

Are you sure some one didnt steal your plates in this day and age of petrol fraud?

I have only been in court against police - every time I have lost - all the judge does is believe what Mr Policeman says.........

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2006, 07:54 PM   #3
XR6turbo
Great EF XR8

My plates haven't been stolen. I don't know, i haven't been caught speeding in 2 years and its just not a road i travel down. I don't know, i will wait until i see the photo before i do anything, i just can't see it being me, i know that i speed, i just don;t go down that road.
Old 15-06-2006, 08:42 PM   #4
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

By ADR's, speedo's are allowed to be 10% out. So in your case, 66 in a 60 zone may indicate that your speedo is 10% out. True for your car or not, its a point to argue in court...

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2006, 08:58 PM   #5
HFW
Starter Motor

The only time you will win by writing a letter is if you haven't been booked in the last ten years, sorry!

H
HFW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2006, 08:59 PM   #6
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3 chaser
By ADR's, speedo's are allowed to be 10% out. So in your case, 66 in a 60 zone may indicate that your speedo is 10% out. True for your car or not, its a point to argue in court...
He is in Melbourne. Zero Tolerance
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2006, 09:02 PM   #7
cArSiK
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you have a clear record for the last 5 or so years ,and opt to go to court you will probably get out of it.
cArSiK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2006, 09:10 PM   #8
FordFan86
meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6turbo
but i don't travel down this particular road (I am getting the photo just incase they are wrong), and find it really hard to believe it was me.
You don't sound so sure about yourself here???
Quote:
because just incase it was speeding, do you think by admitting fault i could get away with a warning.
Just incase you were speeding? no chance. You have a speedo, the law is 60; you go over 60, you've broken the law, simple.
Unfair? certainly.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2006, 09:34 PM   #9
NA XR6
!!

Was it you or wasnt it you
You said you dont use that road so it cant be you
So why worry about trying to get a warning :
NA XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2006, 10:43 PM   #10
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Hey guys,
I was just after the best way i should go about this. I recieved a fine today for 66km/h in a 60km/h zone. I would usually pay the fine, but i don't travel down this particular road (I am getting the photo just incase they are wrong), and find it really hard to believe it was me. Now how much success have any of you had in writing a letter to them and gotten off the offence. I ask this, because just incase it was speeding, do you think by admitting fault i could get away with a warning.
One option many are not aware of is the following. This is obviously only applicable if you admit offence. If you have reasonable record and speed is not excessive you can write a letter to civic compliance.

Address it to the "Officer in Charge, Traffic Camera Office"

Format the letter similiar to this

Detail whom you are
Vehicle you were driving
Time and date of offence
Reason, admit speeding
Sorry
Rap on past driving history (good stuff)
Bit of brown nosing on Gov Speed policy

Signed and dated

This then gives you the opportunity to get discretion. If you have lots of priors etc forget it.

If you deny you were speeding you will have to contest it it court. Best advice is to speak to a solicitor.
Old 15-06-2006, 10:48 PM   #11
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cArSiK
If you have a clear record for the last 5 or so years ,and opt to go to court you will probably get out of it.
If you take it to court with with your clear record of five years plus wouldnt that fact that you are still speeding mean that the decisions stands & the judge may say its been a spotless record until now?

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2006, 10:54 PM   #12
OZFORDAU
Banned

my mates dad got booked doing 120 in a 100 zone, the polie officer took him down to 111km and said that if he had all his demerit points and not been fined for the last 3 years, he could write a letter into VIC roads and they may consider letting him off. He did that and they excused him of the fine.
OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2006, 10:49 AM   #13
alesia
Banned

a mate of mine recieved a fine for going through the citylink tunnel and not paying , my friend was 100% sure that it wasnt him because there was no reason for him to be in melbourne on that date let alone drive through the citylink. he requested that they send him the photo of the car ......
Turns out someone had copied his number plates because these plates were on a White Commodore rather then a Camry
So if you dont think it was you definatly hang on until you get the picture back
alesia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2006, 11:45 AM   #14
all4ford
XW 351

How do you not know whether it was you or not? Do you suffer from Amnesia or something?
all4ford is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2006, 04:50 PM   #15
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFW
The only time you will win by writing a letter is if you haven't been booked in the last ten years, sorry!

H
Letter wrinting does jack i tried it mind you my offence was worse then that.
A cusstomer at my G/F work got caught running a red light he was a smart fellow he went back to the intersection and timed the lights knew where his car was when he was caught did all the maths (car weight,speed duration between light changes) and submitted it to the court and they dissmissed it because the judge found that his information was correct
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2006, 05:02 PM   #16
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
My plates haven't been stolen. I don't know, i haven't been caught speeding in 2 years and its just not a road i travel down. I don't know, i will wait until i see the photo before i do anything, i just can't see it being me, i know that i speed, i just don;t go down that road.
Karma?
WILDTRAKPX2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2006, 06:45 PM   #17
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Hey guys,
I keep hearing about this happening more and more recently.
I wonder why?
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2006, 06:58 PM   #18
Dezza
Parts bin special

Sometimes they get these things wrong. Wait till you get the photo, and if it is you, you won't have a leg to stand on. If it isn't you, I'd appeal it and show that it isn't you in the photo. They can't fine you if it wasn't your car.

Reminds me of when my Dad's old Ford D-series truck was found by the EPA to have a smokey exhaust. The engine was nearly dead and it was belching out plenty of smoke. The only problem was, it was supposedly sighted in Glen Waverley. The way that engine was, Dad only drove it for about 5kms at Maffra (in Gippsland - 200kms away). The truck would never have made it to Glen Waverley. Dad just took it off the road anyway because it was stuffed.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2006, 07:39 PM   #19
K_Man
Whoa, this is heavy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00VenomXR
Letter wrinting does jack i tried it mind you my offence was worse then that.
Does work, mum got out of a fine like that last year. 62 in a 50 zone.