Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-06-2006, 05:39 PM   #1
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default I can't believe I saw this

Its just a few weeks since little Sophie was run over on a pedestrian crossing and a schoolgirl was hit on a crossing in southern Sydney by someone overtaking cars waiting at the crossing - and it was all over the news. I just dropped my son off at school this morning and was waiting behind three cars stopped at the crossing while kids are walking across. Next thing a red Camry (what else!) in front of me pulled out, a bit impatient, and started to overtake the waiting cars. When he (she?) gets to the crossing they suddenly realise it and hit the anchors. Kids resume crossing and there's the idiot like a shag on a rock on the wrong side of the road facing cars stopped in the other direction.

The street is a dead-end and the only road in and out of the suburb so the person could have been a local and must have known the crossing was there.

This person shouldn't have a driving licence (and possibly shouldn't have been born). Where is the local patrol car when these things happen? Well as it happens, down on the highway nearby at the bottom of a long safe clear hill with no side streets or built up area clocking up drivers as they drifted down the hill over the speed limit. Safety can't be allowed to stand in the way of revenue raising can it?

Old 02-06-2006, 05:46 PM   #2
LUXO_8
windsor user

i hope you gave them a serving...
thats totally pathetic...
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2006, 05:57 PM   #3
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

If i was a big man, I would have stopped next to him, or got out why he was waiting and given him crap , what a bloody fool
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2006, 06:04 PM   #4
lisa76
BEU77Y and the BEE55T

Hope someone got the number plate and reported them for such negligent driving...

His: BEE55T 80 Series Landcruiser
Double diff locks, Rancho in cab adjustable shocks, 2" lift, GPS, Mickey Thompson Baja Claws (offroad) and coming soon Mickey Thompson ATZ Radials
lisa76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2006, 06:15 PM   #5
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

A Bloody impatient moron!!! Kids are around and people still drive like lunatics!!! Hopefully that little incident has woke them up and they realize that it could have been very nasty

The Reality: 13.1 @ 106mph.... The Goal: somehow get into the 12s!!! :sm_headba

www.qldsuperkart.org
vino3o2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-06-2006, 06:21 PM   #6
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

Some people just need a good slapping!

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2006, 12:59 PM   #7
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des
Some people just need a good slapping!
Some people shouldn't breed either ... hee hee
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2006, 01:49 PM   #8
krt10
eskyman

there are some real idiots out there.
krt10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2006, 04:25 PM   #9
oyob2003

To M14A-Mclaren, I do not think it is about how big you are, you have to have a go, win or loose as long as you stand up for your beliefs, knock a few down and they wont come back, get knocked down yourself and keep on getting up, show some heart and they wont want to come back as well.
oyob2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2006, 04:54 PM   #10
oyob2003

Default Defend Youself

M14A-Mclaren, I did not in anyway mean to put you down, but I boxed in the Golden Gloves in Sydney from 16 to 20 years of age.
When my son was in 6th class to first form he was picked on by the school bully and copped a lot of hidings, I let it go until i thought he was ready to give this fellow a bit of his own back, that may seem harsh, but i thought and knew that if i interfered he would rely on me for years to come.
When i thought he was ready i took him to my uncles gym and tought him for three months, the next time this bully push and shoved him my son let go and punched the ears off him, problem fixed. After this you can not know how many of his school friends went to the gym with him, and two went on to win the Golden Gloves in their weight division, as said i did not mean to offend you.
oyob2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2006, 05:35 PM   #11
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

Once again, if it was a p-plater the whole world would know about it by now.
Falcon_Phill is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-06-2006, 08:10 PM   #12
AC
Saving for a Jet Car

This is where the thick steel bumper of an XC comes in handy :
AC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2006, 01:58 AM   #13
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

Yeah, same with people not observing the 40km/h limit at schools times.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2006, 02:07 AM   #14
70caprigt3k
Nitrous Junkie

What a tool, They must have at least realized it was a school zone or at least realized something was amiss because generally people dont just stop in the middle of the road for nothing.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:19 AM   #15
XRchic
Hello

School zones are 25kmh here in SA too.

That person must have been very impatient or just stupid. I really hope someone took his rego and reported him. He may have felt like a fool, but thats not enough. I use he because its easier, but it could be a he or she.

Apparently the person who drove through the childcare centre where Sophie was first hit was an elderly driver. Also the one who hit her on the school crossing was apparently an elderly driver too. I dont know how old or how accurate that info is...maybe that red Camry driver was elderly too.

Im not saying all older drivers are bad, just like not all young drivers are bad either. My Dad is 64, technically "older" I guess, but he is an excellent driver with good eyes, good road sense and not one of the slow old kind. But Im sure there are some in their 80s or so who should not be on the road.

You know, it could have been a Mum too. Ive seen some shocking Mums driving around my kids school, before and after they drop their kids off. Makes me embarrassed to be a Mum and a female driver sometimes.

Whoever they were, they are an idiot.

: Cobra :
XRchic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-06-2006, 09:34 AM   #16
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You could be right XRchic. It certainly wasn't a P plater and somehow I think a younger person wouldn't be so stupid. Thank you all for your excellent suggestions as to what to do with the person! Unfortunately I was sort of 'boxed in' and too far away to see the person or the rego and I couldn't catch up with them later. The first person in the line let him/her pull back to the left so they 'got away' basically. As I said I wish the police were there.
Old 04-06-2006, 10:46 AM   #17
EFDream
XRR83D

What really gets to me it people hammering it through schools zones without a care in the world and then they tailgate you when your trying to do 40. The other day I saw a minivan go throught an intersection on a redlight, what made it worse was the lady had a couple small kids in the back seat AND SHE WAS ON THE PHONE!!!! People just don't get it.

2007 Suzuki Swift - Pearl Red
Povo Pack

EFDream is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post