Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 25-05-2006, 06:30 PM   #1
Rob
Living the dream

Default I need help...

Ive been having unclean thoughts.......

The story starts - Last saturday, I had the experience of a lifetime. V8 Race experience at Calder Park. Sweet mother of mystery.... WOW! 5.4 BOSS @ 5500rpm was just so amazing. Never ever have I had such a big grin on my face. 8 laps of sheer terror and joy at the same time!! 8 laps of quad cam V8 screaming only inches from me.

So. Driving home. The AU. She's my pride and joy, but... that primordial scream of 8 cylinders keeps haunting me. I took her out and gave her a good rogering, and by god it was glorious, but it wasnt the same. A week has passed, and still I am haunted by that noise and the feel of V8 power.

Help! I dont want to sell the AU, I'd lose quite a bit of money (like 5-6 grand including mods), and shes only got 50,000km. Immaculate. What do I do?

Give me a good kicking if you think it'll help.. or... sell me your V8. Just do something!!!!!!!!!!!
:

Rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 06:44 PM   #2
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LOL bud, the V8 bug has bitten you.
Sell the AU, thats your call
but if you want to be the BOSS
then there's no hesitation at all.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 08:37 PM   #3
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Everyone should own a V8 once in their life... may as well do it when you are young

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 08:40 PM   #4
Timeshift

Just remember that statistics show that V8 sales have slumped bigtime and their resale price will likely continue to drop faster than other cars as the price of petrol continues to rise.

And remember this isn't a temporary rise, you might find periods of a bit of up and down but don't expect to see $1 a litre ever again, nor don't be suprised if it's nearing $2 by the end of the year or next.
Timeshift is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 08:44 PM   #5
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

mine will be for sale soon if your interested :
FalKeen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 09:06 PM   #6
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

hmmm .... nice ute too ... I doubt Adam even thrashes it.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 09:10 PM   #7
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
Everyone should own a V8 once in their life... may as well do it when you are young
Young as in 30 - Yes, young as in 18 - No.

Sell the AU. 50,000 k's is low. Use the money to buy a V8. By the time you do sell the AU and get another car, you'll be saying - I wish I had sold it sooner and got better resale.

Once sold, put the money to a v8!

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 09:11 PM   #8
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

never

only to keep up with the pack on cruises....
Old 25-05-2006, 09:13 PM   #9
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Hardly need to keep up though in yours though ... goes well enough as it is.
How much you thinking of selling it for??? Shame it's a manual .... cos Bec can only drive auto and she has always wanted a black V8 ute
Old 25-05-2006, 09:14 PM   #10
FalKeen
FTF Car Club NSW

tough one really, prices of nice AU's lately and the mods this has (many unique), mid 20's i think??
Old 25-05-2006, 09:17 PM   #11
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Get the Boss mate, you will love it.
Falcon Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 09:27 PM   #12
Gilesie
You gotta pay to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
dont you mean all there life :

2003 Mazda Bravo (work truck)

1979 F100 Ambo
Gilesie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 09:36 PM   #13
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think I should buy Adams car. It makes a great support car for the XR6 : Don't you think they make a great pair?

I'd even get matching plates Ricer 1 & Ricer 2 :hihi:
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 09:43 PM   #14
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

I thought you were getting BLING1 plates Bucky????
Old 25-05-2006, 09:44 PM   #15
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Naked1 & Naked2
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 10:27 PM   #16
Rob
Living the dream

Hmmm Falkeen, thats a real tempting offer, though I doubt I'd get more than 12 for my AU, if that!

Maybe I should supercharge the 6....... bah! Its like, quarter life crisis!

Edit - low 14 sec N/A 6 is also real appealing. I need more money. Maybe I can busk on my lunch break.
Old 25-05-2006, 10:41 PM   #17
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking My Car!

Just buy my BBQ gas machine FORTE! Bahaha or i'll swap it for adams car haha!

Cheers :monkes: : : : :thebirds: :

Simon
OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 10:53 PM   #18
Rob
Living the dream

In my current inebriated state, those smilies look mighty threatening..
Old 25-05-2006, 11:13 PM   #19
FTe342
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC
Do yourself a favour, and take a T3 for a squirt :thebirds:

Oh, when your sober, that is. You'll appreciate it more :
T3 TL50 #147 Silhouette Auto ESS - Brembos - Last of 3 in T3 spec, only AUIII TL50 ever built -14.2 sec @ 98mph bog stock. Only customer ordered T3 TL50 built, only LWB sedan plated AUIII and the last performance enhanced LWB sedan built by Ford Aust.

AUII Fairlane Ghia Sportsman 5.0L in Blue Pearl

OWN THE ROAD
FTe342 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 11:29 PM   #20
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I think I should buy Adams car. It makes a great support car for the XR6 : Don't you think they make a great pair?
:
Bucky he was asking about a Boss, anything less would be like taking one of those shemale thing's out for a spin, looks good from a distance but when you get closer you start to see it's a fake, it just doesn't sound quite right and to top it off it has bumps in the wrong places. :
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 11:59 PM   #21
OZFORDAU
Banned

Talking Bahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC
LOL, :

Cheers

Simon
OZFORDAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 01:33 AM   #22
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLC
Hmmm Falkeen, thats a real tempting offer, though I doubt I'd get more than 12 for my AU, if that!

Edit - low 14 sec N/A 6 is also real appealing. I need more money. Maybe I can busk on my lunch break.
No matter what you do to a 6, it will NEVER sound l;ike a v8 - especially not a windsor. I know how you feel though, which is why nearly 2 years ago, I took my just on 100,000km 1998 AU1 XR6 VCT with full body kit, T3 wing, SLs & Konis all round, and traded it plus $3000 for a beaten up, ex-cop 1999 AU XR8, no body kit, 16s, stock suspension and 130,000km. But I have never looked back, I love it - and to keep running costs down, I gassed it, so it's got the power of a V8, fuel eceonomy of a V12, but fuel cost of a large 4 cyl.

Do it - get rid of the TQE, and get the full monty!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 03:34 AM   #23
GK
Walking with God

I regret not trying that 2001 Forte V8 on gas for 16,000 late last year. I ended up with the SR, which is a good car, but I'm kicking myself that I didn't even drive the V8 on gas!

Feel free to line up to kick my behind! : : : :

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 08:43 AM   #24
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

My next ute will most likely be a BA XLS V8 ute (3-valve power after some nice mods from ACE) ... and then run injected LPG ... wooot.

I can only dream for the timebeing.
Old 26-05-2006, 11:04 AM   #25
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

I you just wanna make the big loud noise that comes with a V8, take the exhaust off the six and go for a burn. I took mine off after the cat(simple unblot, move it accross and put one bolt back in), and was serioulsy tempted to leave it off.

All i can say is, Loud, Tough, and one hell of a burble.

Cheers
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 11:12 AM   #26
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

I had to drive with the collector partially unbolted from the factory headers ... damn it was loud ... sounded great ... drove like crap though ... LOL

I had a stripped bolted and needed a new gasket as well ... so drove from the mechanic to the exhaust shop a few blokes away.
Old 26-05-2006, 05:48 PM   #27
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:

Hell yeah.

Kits aren't that unaffordable. www.capa.com

Sure you can't beat the sound of the eight but you can get going pretty fast.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 06:05 PM   #28
AU:PROJECT:UTE
Drought Breaker

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by superroo
I you just wanna make the big loud noise that comes with a V8, take the exhaust off the six and go for a burn. I took mine off after the cat(simple unblot, move it accross and put one bolt back in), and was serioulsy tempted to leave it off.

All i can say is, Loud, Tough, and one hell of a burble.

Cheers
BAH forget the cat, Scone BnS last weekend... unbolted my exhaust at the collectors WOOOOHOOOO definately not an 8 but strangley enough a nice halfway improvement on an I6 made enough roar, burbles and cackles to get me grinning and make the V8 boys look over while having a beer. Funnily enough it was louder than all the kero burning flame throwin 8's.
Tearing some hoops out in the dirt sounded unreal, I'll get the video footage off my mates camera soon and upload it if anyone is interested?
Have a good weekend all : : :
ALL COUNTRY: SW Platt Mccann 5 Poster, GME 4706 7' Whippys, Uniden UH015SX UHF AND Scanner combo, Narva Taurus Bull lights, Hawk Grille, Series II Pursuit Side Skirts, Stickers on the back window and more eartags than a mob of cranky angus

ALL GO: XR6 VCT donk and ECU NO MORE!!
Now even MORE fun with 200kw XR8 and 5 speed, Tickford Cluster, 3.45 LSD, full custom twin system w/- 3" chrome angle cut tips :
AU:PROJECT:UTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 06:30 PM   #29
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Tim .... I gotta come out one time and check one of these events out ... LOL
Old 26-05-2006, 06:47 PM   #30
AU:PROJECT:UTE
Drought Breaker

Talking BnS's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Tim .... I gotta come out one time and check one of these events out ... LOL
You gotta go to at least one BnS before you die, twas $90 entry and then all you could eat and drink all nite and then the best cooked brekkie the next morning! :thebirds:

I got a few, well actually quite a lot of wierd looks driving my nicely riced falcon ute around all these utes with bulldozer scale alloy bull bars. Was alot of fun and funnily enough my ute got a fair share of interest from BnS ute owners wondering what it was, even had one bloke ask me if it was a special edition :

All in all it was a top night and good to see some very nice AU XR's with full bumper replacement alloy bullbars. They look great standard and still very very desireable with a tree knocker overer attached to the front of it.
ALL COUNTRY: SW Platt Mccann 5 Poster, GME 4706 7' Whippys, Uniden UH015SX UHF AND Scanner combo, Narva Taurus Bull lights, Hawk Grille, Series II Pursuit Side Skirts, Stickers on the back window and more eartags than a mob of cranky angus

ALL GO: XR6 VCT donk and ECU NO MORE!!
Now even MORE fun with 200kw XR8 and 5 speed, Tickford Cluster, 3.45 LSD, full custom twin system w/- 3" chrome angle cut tips :
AU:PROJECT:UTE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post