Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 23-02-2006, 11:34 PM   #1
My AU

Arrow How to fix single CD player that won't play in AU

Hello
This is my first post! I bought my AU Falcon Forte last Saturday and it is the first Ford I have ever owned. So far I love it!!!

The CD player is a single type with cassette. The CD would load, then stay loaded for five seconds before popping out. It would then continue doing this indefinately.

Cause: Laser stuck in home position on sled.****Electronic competence is recommended****

***BEFORE GOING ANY FURTHER ENSURE YOU HAVE YOUR PIN NUMBER FOR YOUR RADIO***

Remove the player from the dash (see technical help). Remove the two top rear screws and pop off the top cover. Remove the front facia, by removing one screw in each side of the unit and gently prying the facia from the unit.
Remove two plates upper and lower , located directly behind where the front facia was. Remove the CD's ribbon cable connector from the main board. Working from above the CD mechanism, remove the four screws securing it to the chassis of the radio, and withdraw the CD mechanism from the radio unit.

Turn the CD mechanism over on a table top. Using a small phillips jewellers screwdriver, remove the four screws securing the servo PCB to the CD mechanism. Remove the ribbon cables running to the spindle motor, laser etc and lift the servo PCB away to one side (one set of wires remain attached attached).

Locate the laser block and the two polished shafts (sleds) it runs on. Clean these shafts with a tissue and remove any dust/grit etc. DO NOT touch the laser lens. Rotate the laser worm gear and ensure the laser moves smoothly along the sled.

Reassemble in the reverse order of assembly, taking care to reconnect all ribbon cables etc. Enter your security pin to activate the unit again.
After satisfying yourself that it is working, slide the unit back into the dash. Don't forget the antenna connector!

My AU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2006, 11:44 PM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

My AU - welcome. I think that is the most informative first post ever! (Apart from the one that told us all the AFF was up and running, lol).

I have an AU2 CD player in need of repair, and I will be trying this method. Will let you know how it goes. Again, thanks.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2006, 12:12 AM   #3
My AU

My pleasure JC and good luck with that.
Old 24-02-2006, 10:01 AM   #4
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

Welcome , nice helpfull thread - good choice of car too ..
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2006, 02:56 PM   #5
chief
FTF Club Moderator

I had the same problem so I changed the H/U. I was also known to get the ИИИИs with it and throw CD's out the window. Thanks for the info.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2006, 11:27 PM   #6
My AU

Talking

Thankyou all for the welcomes.
The more I drive my AU the more I want to drive it. As far as I'm concerned it was excellent value for money. It is a 7 seater Forte wagon. I traded my 2000 Vectra hatch on it. Best thing I ever did!