Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-02-2005, 02:08 AM   #1
EB-maen
Rise, Toybota!

Default I think someone just died a few streets away..

well, here i am surfing ff and over my headphones, i hear a series of tyre screeches which lasted for about 4 seconds, sounding like a car has lost control and is swerving all over the road. next there is a very loud bang followed by another bang and then a quiter series of bangs, possibly a car flipping? at this point im thinkin, wtf just happened, cos there are usually engine revving/burnout sounds at night (living on acreage like 5 minutes from centre of gold coast, im assuming hoons take advantage of the no-police factor) and once before i came home to find a car on its roof in the creek. anyway, i heard a car leaving my street and heading towards the sound of the crash so i dont see any need for me to go and 'have a gander' at a most-likely fatal accident, and now there are more engine sounds, and just then some sirens. theres also the sound of a larger engine like a truck, or some kind of industrial-machinery, like when a generator is powering something, going on now so I assume something major has happened. If it's to do with the creek, then the council should put some fuking lights up, cos its this causeway at the bottom of a hill which is at the apex of a corner that slopes down. plus, the edges of the causeway are just those concrete cube things which would only rip the wheels and axles off your car as you go over rather than stop you. If it was just some hoons revving around the streets then seriously, I'm over that shit, cos once there were tyre tracks all over someones front lawn area on the road our street branches off from. Not to mention signs being run over and some other fool hitting a telegraph pole while drifting around a corner (i cant think of any other explanation as it was a sweeping bend and he hit a pole on the inside of the corner . that particular accident saw a collection of 'incident response' vehicles, which aren't really a good sight to see at an accident. also, i saw a commodore that had gone over two kerbs a short distance up the road whilst ploughing through a giveway sign on a sweeping curve at the top of a hill on my way to work once; there were trye marks for about 30m behind the first kerb. pure idiocy. plus, its not as if I live in redfern, most of the houses are acreages and there are private schools nearby along with parks and everything, morons are just taking advantage of the late night/no police situation. I'll look for signs of the accident tomorrow on my way to work, I can still hear noises now so something substantial must have happened.

13.156 @ 110kph... down the highway :P

EB-maen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 02:20 AM   #2
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unfortunatly its just another part of life these days. Dickheads will keep on having accidents and insurance premiums will continue to sky rocket as a rusult.
As soon as the govt pulls their fingers out and realises that education is the key to reducing road accidents the better.
Old 13-02-2005, 02:40 AM   #3
Kermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB-maen
plus, its not as if I live in redfern, most of the houses are acreages and there are private schools nearby along with parks and everything, morons are just taking advantage of the late night/no police situation.
Is there a Redfern in Queensland? If you are referring to the one in Sydney, I think you have been watching too much TV. It's not that bad.

Private schools/acreages....poor little bored rich kids, going for a hoon in daddy's V8.....sound very possible and more likely.

AUIII XR6 VCT - Venom Red

Modified JMM DEV1 VCT:- JMM Race headers, Redback cat back 2.5” exhaust, JMM hi flow cat, Modified airbox with pod filter & XR8 snorkel (JMM VCT Kit)
160rwkw

Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 02:51 AM   #4
EB-maen
Rise, Toybota!

Quote:
If you are referring to the one in Sydney, I think you have been watching too much TV.
call me a victim of the media in that respect, redfern used to be the stereotypical place where 'stuff happened', and i have never been there so i dont have anything to personally substantiate my statement with. as you say, it may well be overated a bit. and just for the record, before anybody gets any ideas, im not a rich kid or anything, cos if i was i probably wouldnt work and/or own a gli, not that theres anything wrong with a gli, lol

13.156 @ 110kph... down the highway :P

EB-maen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 03:22 AM   #5
Kermit

Quote:
call me a victim of the media in that respect, redfern used to be the stereotypical place where 'stuff happened', and i have never been there so i dont have anything to personally substantiate my statement with. as you say, it may well be overated a bit.
Well I owned a business in the main street for 2 years and never had a problem. Also going to Sydney Uni 10 years ago, I'd get out at Redfern station and walk to the Uni (about 5 minutes) and never had any problem. TV beats up any sign of a "situation" as some politicians are trying to get rid of the aboriginal "slum" of Everleigh Street.

Quote:
before anybody gets any ideas, im not a rich kid or anything, cos if i was i probably wouldnt work and/or own a gli, not that theres anything wrong with a gli, lol
Not calling you a rich kid, but all the private school kids have a well founded reputation. I also have witnessed "poor little rich kids" and their antics first hand.

AUIII XR6 VCT - Venom Red

Modified JMM DEV1 VCT:- JMM Race headers, Redback cat back 2.5” exhaust, JMM hi flow cat, Modified airbox with pod filter & XR8 snorkel (JMM VCT Kit)
160rwkw

Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-02-2005, 03:39 AM   #6
loxxr6
XB in parts...

Quote:
TV beats up any sign of a "situation" as some politicians are trying to get rid of the aboriginal "slum" of Everleigh Street.
Haha I drove thru Everleigh street once. My mate shit himself but I had no idea where I was. There were like 30 or so aboriginal guys around a massive burning incinerator nearby to a couple of burnt out cars on their roof's.

That was a sight in itself and then I took off when kids starting throwing rocks at the car. This drive happened before they knocked down one of the buildings in the block not long ago. Still, in the time I've walked around/visited ppl there, I've never had any trouble. Even the railway station is safe. Never had a prob there.

Daily Driver 2019 Ford Escape...looking for XR6T's.

loxxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post