Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-01-2006, 02:24 PM   #1
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Default Effing Ebay Hermits!!

Ive been looking to get a Boss 302 or Boss 429 hat for nearly 12 months. They are almost impossible to get here, and hard to find at all in the states.

I finally found TWO that I wanted on ebay from an American seller. Only to be told, no its far too complex to write australia on the "To:" part of the address label, so they wont ship to Australia.

Its a freaking HAT! Its not a nuclear weapon! Its not hard to pack for shipping to a foreign country! Im paying the extra shipping anyway! What exactly is the issue here?? Is it too hard to write Australia? Are you unsure where Australia is?? Did you think I wanted you to drop it off to me personally? Is it too scarey to venture out of your concrete lined triple reinforced bunker to get a quote for shipping at the post office? Or is it just too damn confusing writing a country that has a name longer then the three letters and three fullstops that make up U.S.A. ???

Essentially, im a little perturbed.

Anyone else had similar experiences on Ebay?

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2006, 02:31 PM   #2
BlackLS

That sucks, you know anyone in the US that could help you out?

I haven't had any dramas with Ebay, even with Hong Kong sellers. But im waiting for the day :S
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2006, 02:38 PM   #3
GreenMachine
Mopar/No Car

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Sensational write up about drum brakes. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard

Essentially, im a little perturbed.
I would be too... Although, the septics are trying to prevent you making a fashion faux pas - 429 caps will never be cool.

John Deere, however...

'72 Plymouth Scamp
'80 Courier
'13 Kawasaki ZX14-R
'13 Berlina
'92 Suzuki DR650

If you don't fight - You lose
GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2006, 02:39 PM   #4
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Not anyone 100% reliable. Just some people have to be difficult even at the loss of money which they are in the process of trying to earn.

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 09-01-2006, 02:40 PM   #5
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine
John Deere, however...
you are gonna make me change my name to cleetus next.

2003 BA Fairlane G220

Old 09-01-2006, 02:41 PM   #6
lisa76
BEU77Y and the BEE55T

I've been pretty lucky, except for receiving a faulty digital camera - and from an Australian seller. Haven't had too much trouble from the overseas sellers, except of course for what you are going through - it doesn't seem anyone in the States is too interested in making money too badly. They just don't want to ship to us.

His: BEE55T 80 Series Landcruiser
Double diff locks, Rancho in cab adjustable shocks, 2" lift, GPS, Mickey Thompson Baja Claws (offroad) and coming soon Mickey Thompson ATZ Radials
lisa76 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2006, 02:47 PM   #7
-jjM-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLS
I haven't had any dramas with Ebay, even with Hong Kong sellers. But im waiting for the day :S
hong kong is very reliable, i got some speakers from over there, very speedy, my friend some hand held tv thing, very speedy, an no hassles or dramas which plesased me alot
-jjM- is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2006, 03:46 PM   #8
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I ordered a pair of Sidi motorcycle boots from Ebay from a bike shop in Germany - they retail for $500 here, but I was getting them delivered for $300.

Anyway seller said it would be about a week shipping. After a 2 months and numerous emails still no boots so he checked with the courier company (Toll)- for the last 2 months they had been sitting in a holding warehouse in Austria and marked as "undeliverable". yes the German Toll service apparantly can't read and believe Australia is the same place as Austria. Another month later they were finally delivered. 3 months from Germany is certainly a slow plane ride.
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2006, 05:04 PM   #9
Envious
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i bought a couple of swords (ornamental, and yes i am one of 'those' people that collect swords lol) from a seller in america, never arrived, wasnt very happy... ing_sm
Old 09-01-2006, 05:12 PM   #10
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
I ordered a pair of Sidi motorcycle boots from Ebay from a bike shop in Germany - they retail for $500 here, but I was getting them delivered for $300.

Anyway seller said it would be about a week shipping. After a 2 months and numerous emails still no boots so he checked with the courier company (Toll)- for the last 2 months they had been sitting in a holding warehouse in Austria and marked as "undeliverable". yes the German Toll service apparantly can't read and believe Australia is the same place as Austria. Another month later they were finally delivered. 3 months from Germany is certainly a slow plane ride.
Was about to say seppos would ship it to Austria, that is where the Governator is from.

Let out some steam, Bennet..... :
Old 09-01-2006, 06:09 PM   #11
merlin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrum
seppos :
Bit off topic but why do people keep calling americans "seppos" - what does it mean/where did it originate from?
1966 Ford Mustang coupe. 347 stroker, PA reverse manual C4, TCE high stall converter, B&M Pro Ratchet, Edelbrock alum heads, Edelbrock intake manifold, MSD ignition, Holley Street HP 750 CFM carb, gilmer drive, wrapped Hooker Super Comp Headers, dual 3" straight through exhaust, Bilstein shocks, custom springs, full poly suspension, American Racing rims, Open Tracker roller spring saddles and shelby drop.

Still to go - Holley Sniper EFI with integrated fuel cell.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2006, 06:11 PM   #12
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

seppo... septic tank... yank..yankee

Where yankee comes from you will need to do a google cause I cant be bothered.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2006, 06:20 PM   #13
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Also because they are full of it!
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2006, 06:52 PM   #14
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
Ive been looking to get a Boss 302 or Boss 429 hat for nearly 12 months. They are almost impossible to get here, and hard to find at all in the states.

I finally found TWO that I wanted on ebay from an American seller. Only to be told, no its far too complex to write australia on the "To:" part of the address label, so they wont ship to Australia.
Have you tried a mustang parts shop here in oz for the hats????
Old 09-01-2006, 06:54 PM   #15
42.57lb
Is tuna chicken or fish?

It's not just eBayers that are bad though, I've bought stuff from legit online shops and not selected FedEx or whatever, and neer had stuff turn up. A lot of sites say that if you use U.S. Postal service and don't get your stuff don't be suprised. Apparantly the yank postal workers have sticky fingures if it's going a long way. Oh well.
42.57lb is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2006, 07:04 PM   #16
parawolf
beep beep

personally if it was more than AU$100 i'd be probably ticking the ship with insurance box...
Old 09-01-2006, 07:05 PM   #17
Abacus
Life's a Gas

Try:

http://www.usa2me.com/site/default.aspx
Abacus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post