Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: DO YOU VISIT THE BROADWATER CAR PARK ON A FRIDAY OR SATURDAY NIGHT???
Yes, all the time 1 1.82%
Fairly often 5 9.09%
Rarely, but yes, sometimes 15 27.27%
Never 19 34.55%
Where the hell is the Broadwater car park??? 16 29.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31-12-2005, 03:20 AM   #1
ScoopED
Thumbs up for fossil fuel

Default QLD members, Do you go to the broadwater carpark???

G'day

Just a quick poll for the QLD members.

Do you go to the Broadwater car park on a Friday or Saturday night.
Just click the poll options.....

What do you all think of this gathering?

Mike

1992 EB Fairmont
351cu in Windsor Roller Cam
Valve Body "Shift Kitted" BTR 4spd Auto
Hi Tek Headers Tri Y
Twin 2.25 into Single 2.5in
17in x 8in BA XR8 Copies
235x45x17 Nankang NSII
Ultra Low King springs
Whiteline 30mm Swaybar
Nolathane box section trailing arms
Slotted DBA front rotors
Yella Terra roller rockers
ScoopED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 03:31 AM   #2
The Monty
Just slidin'

I want to but I dont know anyone, so its a little daunting. I would go there for a cruise if the oportunity came up
Old 31-12-2005, 08:48 AM   #3
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Used to when i was a brisbanite!
Old 31-12-2005, 09:58 AM   #4
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Live 2 mins from there, I try to avoid the place, to ****er's there. I have been there once to meet with some of the XR club members...That was the one and only time...

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 09:58 AM   #5
Racecraft
they call me Tibbo

rarely.. A long way to drive, no-where to buy beer and too much police action

Last time I went the police locked down the exit road :(

Racecraft is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 11:27 AM   #6
EB_5.0_WAGON
Formerly known as NUDGE

I used to go there every weekend and sometimes still do go for a cruise down there on a Sat night.
2004 Toyota Prado GXL
EB_5.0_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 11:30 AM   #7
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

....never have.......and possibly never will.

always hear bad stories bout the place (in honesty i dont know if they are true or not).

but i dont want a cruise to turn into a nasty series of fines or something for showing up there.
XA Coupsta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 01:35 PM   #8
chippa6
Novice Professional

a few years ago I used to go quite a bit, but it started to be overrun by ****ers, imports and stereos on wheels, thus drawing a sometimes heavy police presence which I don't mind but good to go for a look once in a while.
Old 31-12-2005, 02:23 PM   #9
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Harries is generally a much better proposition, except when some mongoloid throws beer bottles at a marked cop car.....
Old 31-12-2005, 03:12 PM   #10
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

go there every week with cruising brisbane pritty much, never had one drama and have been going for years.

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 03:48 PM   #11
red_hotxr6
Banned

nope never.
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 05:11 PM   #12
HOON69
Banned

use to go all the time

you hardly ever get any trouble,yes you have tramps,your imports,of course theres cops and of course theres plenty of fords (old skool and all)
its a variety and its usually a good time but you are best going with mates as its pretty boring by yourself,usually travel to BWCP then down the SPIT.
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 08:26 PM   #13
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupsta
....never have.......and possibly never will.

always hear bad stories bout the place (in honesty i dont know if they are true or not).

but i dont want a cruise to turn into a nasty series of fines or something for showing up there.
^^^what he said.

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2005, 08:36 PM   #14
HOON69
Banned

honestly only ppl who can vouch are the ppl who do go and thats pretty much been answered

yes you have cops but hey if your cars legit and your not doing nothing wrongs whats the problem,the majority are good and behaved but occasionally you get idiots but thats comes with the territory doesnt it?
Old 31-12-2005, 10:26 PM   #15
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOON69
honestly only ppl who can vouch are the ppl who do go and thats pretty much been answered

yes you have cops but hey if your cars legit and your not doing nothing wrongs whats the problem,the majority are good and behaved but occasionally you get idiots but thats comes with the territory doesnt it?
Hey whoa down.

I answered a poll which has an option of "Never". so I dont reckon that I have to have gone to be able to post here?! or 'vouch' for it?!

so what if my car is legit and im not doing anything wrong. i simply dont want to take a chance of copping fines or other trouble by attending. stranger things have happened. im sure there have been plenty of legit, law abiding cars that still gets pinged with fines.

if you wanna go - no worries. but then dont have a crack at me if i dont want to, or if i utilise an option in a poll about attending. fair?
Old 31-12-2005, 10:46 PM   #16
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Settle down. I live 2 minutes from the joint and I see the place just about every Saturday night, and the nicest thing that I can say about the BWCP is ****ER TOWN. There are to many bogan idiots there from the Logan in there clapped out Holden's and poorly modded rice mobiles. Oddly enough the idiot in there old 80's Holden's were the only jerks trying to do burn outs. The Ford Crew were very sensible

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 31-12-2005, 10:52 PM   #17
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Where it becomes a problem is when you've got a nice car, not a clapped out old heap of bogan shart, and even if you've done nothing wrong the police pay undue attention, and then you have to clear up something that they percieve to be wrong with it but simply isn't (I mean hello? seen reverse lights on a 60's/early 70's car? thats why the brake lights come on but no white lights.... newbie idiots)
Old 31-12-2005, 11:50 PM   #18
donno
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

From the stories of the exits being blocked off etc, I've been too afraid to go. There's a few things they could pick my car up on (rather loud exhaust and slightly dubious interpretation of laws regaurding video screens in drivers view, both planned to be rectified very soon), so even harry's or anywhere modified cars congregate is out of the picture atm.

Managed to to turn up to milton maccas on a thursday night just for a snack, and got unwittingly caught in the middle of a ricer meet. Being the only aussie car there and everyone staring at me, I was sweating under the collar a tad (yes I am a wuss), plus the fact that the police always fill up their cars at the adjacent BP. Quickest double 1/4 pounder I ever ate let me tell you.

Comming soon: T04Z, plenum, TrueTrac.
donno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2006, 10:54 AM   #19
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

been a couple of times and the only ones I have seen the cops give any attention to are the morons that drop a skid on the way out. Yes there are always cops there but from what I have seen they only hassle those that ask for it.
Yes there are a lot of ricers, bogans and plain losers. The point is there are also a lot of really nice machines (especially us fords when we show). Funny thing is I agree with the comment that the ford people generally keep out of trouble, maybe we are secure in the abilities of our cars and don't need to try and prove our manhood.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:07 AM   #20
HOON69
Banned

jabba and xa coupsta: i was never even upset,got no need to settle down.

if your there week in and week out you'd know like geckoxr8 said the only time you get hassled is when leaving etc or performing your hero skids
i been in there hundreds of times never once been pulled up
and majority of the fords (estimate 5-20 pre 90's models) turn up week in and week out and i rarely see one get a look in by police,btw in from logan and last time i looked bwcp wasnt just for GC ppl's was it?
like i said you drive in quiet,you leave quiet and you stick with other fords and its all sweet...
but the majority are either imports or holdens fords are lucky to make up 10% of the crowd in bwcp..

if your that scared to go then the same could be same for the spit on sundays and even harries same things cops n crowds,i see more cops on sunday arvo in the spit then at bwcp on saturday nights.
Old 01-01-2006, 11:52 AM   #21
red_hotxr6
Banned

Thumbs up

It is all ways nice to go to these places and see different types of cars and generally meet people but have any of you guys noticed that nthe more your cars "stand out" the more your car has to be perfect in the eyes of the law.YOU have a better chance of being stopped and checked out especially if you are at one of these venues, and i really dont need that hassle.I dont want to go to harry,s diner on afriday night,or where ever, and there being a good chance of the cops giving my car the once over.The fact that passer bys seeing the cops having a look they get the wrong impression that i have done something wrong. :
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2006, 11:54 AM   #22
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
btw in from logan and last time i looked bwcp wasnt just for GC ppl's was it?
What is said was "There are to many bogan idiots there from Logan in there clapped out Holden's and poorly modded rice mobiles. Oddly enough the idiot in there old 80's Holden's were the only jerks trying to do burn outs."....... ""The Ford Crew were very sensible"". If it was not for the Jerk's it would be a good place to meet and chat. But I live by the saying " if you sleep with dog's you get flee's" Meaning the crowd at the BWCP have a bad reputation and I don't wan't that reputation rubbing off on me. That is why I chose to stay clear of the place.

Note: I don't sterotype people because of the location of there residency. Just in my experiance most if not all the trouble makers come from the Logan area, i.e. Kingston, Marsden and Woodridge.... I will also note that I have a lot of great friends that live in the Logan area and agree with my comment, and they say it is only getting worse in the way of the bogans and hooning.

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 01-01-2006, 12:08 PM   #23
martin
Starter Motor

you all should try the spit on a sunday afternoon at about 2-3 0'clock their is all ways about 20 hot cars and not just jap crapers real cars.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2006, 12:44 PM   #24
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoxr8
Funny thing is I agree with the comment that the ford people generally keep out of trouble, maybe we are secure in the abilities of our cars and don't need to try and prove our manhood.
or womanhood! :voldar02:

I have only ever been a couple of times and it wasn't really that exciting which is probably the main reason I wouldn't go again in a hurry.

As for the Police, I don't really think its too big an issue but then everything on my car is legal and because its almost brand new I guess they leave me alone. Now if the Police Officers were good looking I would be more than happy for them to come over and chat about my car. :
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2006, 01:05 PM   #25
EB_5.0_WAGON
Formerly known as NUDGE

Last time i was at BWCP i was talking to the police. They are now there all night patrolling the place just to stop the IDIOTS from dropping skids. I was watching them for most of the night while i was there looking at the cars and i dont think they stopped to hassle or suss out ANYONES cars at all.

If you leave a little earlier than everyone else you can easily get out before Transport and the police start hassling the illegal cars.
Mind you its not just BWCP that this happens.
I was out at Ipswich on a Friday night a few weeks back when the police were bringing cars into the Dept of Transport inspection area at the Ipswich office.( i was across the road from it)

So it aint only the BWCP that everyone gets hassled at.

I personally have NEVER been hassled by the police down there at all and my cars have looked like total crap.
2004 Toyota Prado GXL
EB_5.0_WAGON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2006, 01:37 PM   #26
UNR8D
FORMER T3 OWNER

the only people they will target are those doing the wrong thing, never had myself or a mate have a hassle with getting randomly picked for anything apart from an RBT on smith street like 6 months ago, and that was it, an RBT cop even commented that he didnt see many done up fairlanes said i had done a good job looked tidy and let me go, and i think it all has to do with your attitude when you are pulled over, if your up in their face and hostile then they are going to return that to you, i have been lucky enough to be polite a few times get let off as they have delt with scum all night and your the first person to show respect so you get a little, give a little.

BWCP is filled with everything from early to late model fords, underpowered rice *%#!**%#!**%#!**%#!* to 10sec GTR skylines, Van's that would have SPL to blow most peoples minds and the hand full of token VL or bogan drives that you get at any nice meet spot, at the end of the day its your choice but i dont see why people are getting this impression that you will get fisted if u go to show off your car, simple terms YOU WONT.

maybe we should organise an E series or all falcon cruise one night down there to show you what its all about... id be happy to arrange it?

you can sleep in your car, but you cant drift your house...
UNR8D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-01-2006, 03:42 PM   #27
XA Coupsta
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I didnt ask you to settle down coz YOU were upset. You had a crack at me for answering a poll and giving an opinion which the thread starter requested.

So im telling you - settle down on how you treat others opinions......not to settle down coz you were upset!!.....

Quote:
the only time you get hassled is when leaving etc or performing your hero skids.
So you can get hassled when leaving? yeh great place.

Quote:
if your that scared to go then the same could be same for the spit on sundays and even harries same things cops n crowds,i see more cops on sunday arvo in the spit then at bwcp on saturday nights.
scared to go........LOL. yeh ok bud. im frozen with fear.
as for the spit and harries - i dont do them either - so im consistent in the application of my beliefs.

oh and just a small one. i think you'll find (well currently) that the 'never' is winning in the poll stakes.........
Old 02-01-2006, 12:39 AM   #28
Mal
My EB2XR8

Drive past it every day to and from work. It's usually around 11 when I drive past on my way home from work on a Saturday night and it's always nearly full.

There's not enough hours in my day to justify spending my time there though.

For a special event I probably would wheel the car out, depending on what, where and who was going I suppose.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-01-2006, 01:52 AM   #29
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupsta

So you can get hassled when leaving? yeh great place.

I think you will find that you get hassled if you leave doing a skid, drive within the law and you will not have any problems. Never seen a so called "lock down" or someone get a road worthy unless they are stupid. I think a lot of these myths are just that, myths. Good place to get to know people in the car scene, rather than trying to meet people on a forum (not that there is anything wrong with the forum, I just like human contact). It is simple, if you think a group is a mob of morons, go find someone else. I see there are a lot of people slamming it, but they have been once or twice at the most. I do not go a lot but it is fun when I do, always meet someone decent. I don't think harry's is any better, seen more trouble from the police there and certainly more idiots. At least at the broadwater I have never had some dropkick lean on my car!

Point is, don't always listen to the myth, try it yourself. Then if you don't like it, at least it is your own choice and not because of something that you heard. The only way to lift the standard of enthusiast is to have better quality go. There are more genuine enthusiasts than the morons so it would not take long until the morons work out they are not welcome.

The point with the cops is that most road worthy inspections are the result of an attitude test or some illegal act that got their attention in the first place. If your first words when the cop pulls yu over are "i am in a hurry" or "haven't you got something better to do than hassle me?", you are going to get a road worthy and a piece of paper to go with it.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:18 PM   #30
ScoopED
Thumbs up for fossil fuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNR8D
maybe we should organise an E series or all falcon cruise one night down there to show you what its all about... id be happy to arrange it?
About 2 or 3 years ago, I was part of an eafalcon.com cruise to the BWCP. It seemed fairly sucessful. I would definatly be up for it again if my car is on the road.

You are exactly right in what you said. Be polite, respectful and co-operative and the police will in return respect you. They are not bad people.

I have been pulled over a few times, several times for RBT and once for being irresponsible. They have a job to do, without them our lives would be hell. We would have to deal with Drunk drivers way over the limit, dangerous criminals and general, widespread chaos. I treated them with respect, and they didnt hassle me in the slightest, in fact, they were interested in my car (from an enthusiests point of view) and they wished me a good safe night.

Yes, i'm sure there are a few 'cowboy' cops around, but they are a definate minority. You find people like this everywhere in life.

As for BWCP, yes there are 'bogans', yes there are 'ricers', and just about every other type of 'car person' there is. Like it or not, these people are all part of our 'car comunity'. It is our job to keep them in check, and to make sure that the good element out weighs the bad.

I have had people shout abuse at me for driving a ford in the BWCP, but no more than what I would hear during daily driving on the street.

I have had good conversations with people down there aswell, and positive comments.

Go down, give it a go. Lets out weigh the feral element. There are a lot of REALLY nice cars and people down there as well.

Mike

1992 EB Fairmont
351cu in Windsor Roller Cam
Valve Body "Shift Kitted" BTR 4spd Auto
Hi Tek Headers Tri Y
Twin 2.25 into Single 2.5in
17in x 8in BA XR8 Copies
235x45x17 Nankang NSII
Ultra Low King springs
Whiteline 30mm Swaybar
Nolathane box section trailing arms
Slotted DBA front rotors