Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 09-11-2005, 12:45 AM   #1
mattbl

Talking I dig my car

I know that sounds a bit gay but I've had my wheels now for 6 weeks and done nearly 5,000 klm already.
It a 98 Fairmnont Ghia and nothing real special but I haven't had my own car for 6 years until now and I'm like a kid that just got his P plates :thebirds:

My wife and I have been sharing our only car for all that time and now I've found independance again. 35 years old going on 18!!

Yippee :disco:

Old 09-11-2005, 12:47 AM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Good on you Mattbl. Some people see cars as something to get them from A to B. Others, like yourself, enjoy the driving experience. Having your own car is a statement of freedom and independence. Enjoy!
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2005, 10:57 PM   #3
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Lol, you're addicted now Matt.. just wait till the mod bug bites REALLY HARD! :

Oh, and " 1998 Silver Fairmont Ghia - XR6 Srings" ..... I think the spings lost a P.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2005, 11:36 PM   #4
mattbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper

Oh, and " 1998 Silver Fairmont Ghia - XR6 Srings" ..... I think the spings lost a P.
Just making sure you're reading my posts Casper :

Actually I don't love my car now quite as much as yesterday, just forked out $100 unplanned for an electric window regulator assembly :
: : :
Old 10-11-2005, 03:01 AM   #5
Steve_T

Lol, don't worry about the regulator mate - go for another drive in the car and it'll all seem good again

Great to hear another person who loves their car and obviously loves driving purely for the pleasure of it - especially after you've put the effort in to do up the car youself too. That's what it's all about.
Steve_T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2005, 09:23 AM   #6
HLC
Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
already bit me :

but insurance had to offer the rememedy... :
Old 10-11-2005, 01:44 PM   #7
DailyDriver

I'm enjoying my daily driver to...drives, looks & feels new.

All Go.......VXSS.....380bhp

All Show...2001 AU2 SR...210bhp...SOLD!
DailyDriver is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2005, 05:25 PM   #8
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbl
Just making sure you're reading my posts Casper :

Actually I don't love my car now quite as much as yesterday, just forked out $100 unplanned for an electric window regulator assembly :
: : :

hey on that...
did you put it in your self???
i have to do both my front windows.. but my hands are to big to fit inside to put them in!
can you suggest anything?????

cheers
Rob
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2005, 09:03 PM   #9
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Grow smaller hands. Or failing that, cut a small childs hands off and use them!

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2005, 09:04 PM   #10
mattbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfr rob
hey on that...
did you put it in your self???
i have to do both my front windows.. but my hands are to big to fit inside to put them in!
can you suggest anything?????

cheers
Rob
You don't need small hands!!

I'm assuming the front is the same as the back. I was a bit confused at first as to what to do as I thought the regulator came out on its own, but no the complete assembly (the entire winding thingy) comes out.

My window was stuck down and now that I know how to do it that is easier than being up.
Here is quick run down but go to the technical resources section for a good write up.

Pop out the power window switch and disconnect.
Pop out the door handle surround.
Remove the screws and bolts that hold the door trim onto the door.
Remove the door trim and sound deadining insulation.
Remove the inner water shield (there is 1 screw on the door jamb then the 3 clips pop off).
Disconnect the regulator power loom.
Remove the 2 x 10mm nuts and 4 x 10mm bolts that hold the regulator assembly to the door.
With the window down unclip the white glass fasteners from the bottom of the glass carefully with a flat blade screwdriver.
Push the window up into the nearly closed position (it should stay there)
Remove the entire regulator assembly, takes a bit of manouvering but comes out in through the space provided.
To install complete the above in reverse!!

Tip for fast smooth windows - I tried silicone and that didn't help and I used half a tin. The best I found was vasaline. It seemed to be real tight on the runner thats closest to the corner window. For best results you need to get the vas as deep as you can into the runner guide. I used a small flat blade screw diver as a spatula

Hope this helps

Regards

Matt

Last edited by mattbl; 10-11-2005 at 09:13 PM.
mattbl is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2005, 09:17 PM   #11
mattbl

I know the front will be slightly different as you have to remove the inner mirror stuff and the screws etc may be in slightly different positions but you get the idea. The actual regulator assembly should be basically the same.

Cheers