Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-10-2005, 01:39 AM   #1
XAGSV8
Member 178

Default What's your Bathurst Routine ?

This is one weekend that is sacred in my books and I do the same thing every year.

1. 3 to 4 months out: Make sure I have marked the weekend to take time off so nobody else books for then.

2. 4 Weeks out: Get the Bathurst program guide and use it for good reading on the dunny.

3. 3 Weeks out: Start my annual warning system of not to be disturbed at all during the weekend. Phones won't be answered by me and people visiting must talk outside of the lounge room or watch it and shut up.

4. Thurday afternoon: Stock up on 3 day's worth of drinks and food. And tapes.

5. Friday Morning: BBQ set up just outside of lounge room. I can stick my hand out of the door and turn the sausages. Kiss the other half good by and tell her I love her, banish her to the computer room(she is welcome to watch but refer to number 3) and tell her I will see her on Sunday evening.

6. Saturday/Sunday: Wake up 5 am and $h!t, shower and get breakfast ready. Put food and drinks in easky. Eat while watching and only move during advertisment breaks for the toilet. Swear too much when Fords drop out of contention, laugh like a psycho when the Holdens do.

7. Sunday evening: Cry to missus how Holden wins again by pure chance. (This year this routine will change though)

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia

Last edited by XAGSV8; 03-10-2005 at 01:47 AM.
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 02:02 AM   #2
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSWXA
This is one weekend that is sacred in my books and I do the same thing every year.

1. 3 to 4 months out: Make sure I have marked the weekend to take time off so nobody else books for then.

2. 4 Weeks out: Get the Bathurst program guide and use it for good reading on the dunny.

3. 3 Weeks out: Start my annual warning system of not to be disturbed at all during the weekend. Phones won't be answered by me and people visiting must talk outside of the lounge room or watch it and shut up.

5. Friday Morning: BBQ set up just outside of lounge room. I can stick my hand out of the door and turn the sausages. Kiss the other half good by and tell her I love her, banish her to the computer room(she is welcome to watch but refer to number 3) and tell her I will see her on Sunday evening.

6. Saturday/Sunday: Wake up 5 am and $h!t, shower and get breakfast ready. Put food and drinks in easky. Eat while watching and only move during advertisment breaks for the toilet. Swear too much when Fords drop out of contention, laugh like a psycho when the Holdens do.

7. Sunday evening: Cry to missus how Holden wins again by pure chance. (This year this routine will change though)

Ok , Now I'm worried , I think you may be my twin brother ! :

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 02:09 AM   #3
gtfpv
GT

I JUST GET UP AND WATCH FROM START TO FINISH DON'T EVEN GET DRESSED. wont talk or answer anybody .if i am at work i stand in front of a tv and stare all day . they may have to take me off the payroll for the day .
i once took a girl out on a 1st date . when i was younger and forgot it was the race day so i took her to a pub and sat in front of the screen all day and didn't talk to her (wasa glued to the screen ) she was bored sheetless so i took her home and went back and watched it all day uninterrupted .that was when old dicky johnson was driving that green mustang . gee i hated that car . but it was still worth losing the woman.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 02:11 AM   #4
Kryton

well for me, if im lucky enough to see it, then i see it.
its just not the same as it used to be, and for that i wont take time off for it.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 07:15 AM   #5
Stampy

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
its just not the same as it used to be, and for that i wont take time off for it.
I Think you need to see a doctor

Sunday is the Day for me get up sit on couch and wait for the race to start ,when it starts i crack my first XXXX Gold and i don't move all day ,at around 2.30 XXXX Gold 's are off and Corona,s are on.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 08:28 AM   #6
bindi
Redhead extraordinaire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
I watch it, but since the whole Brock/Johnson rivalry has gone it's just not the same. Maybe it's because they used to run the cars STOCK or with available options - people could watch how the cars performed, then go out and buy them.

The year that Captain Kaos turned up from motorcycle racing was one of the more fun races. Watching Wayne try and make his car do things like his bike could, and causing mayhem and destruction behind him was brilliant.

And yes I was always a Brockie chickie. Dick Johnson was a ****er... always crying about what OTHER people DID to him instead of being a man and saying "oh I just f***** up". The poor, poor baby.

I'll probably be flamed to within an inch of my life... just an opinion fellas. :gren:

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_waity
Oh, and another surefire symptom will be the Falcon badge at the back.
bindi is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 08:36 AM   #7
xa bird
XA coupe owner

Me and the Missus are going there this year first time since dick hit the rock but usually I follow the same order as GTWXA only send the kids to grandma's the night before for pease .
xa bird is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 08:40 AM   #8
NAK302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

LOL, post #6 should be deleted for blasphemy.

like GSWXA i check my roster 4 or so months out and make sure i get annual leave. then i don't worry at all til the ritual bbq breakfast starts with the usual suspects early sunday morning. the main worry is unessecary disruptions like children, women etc who never understand the importance of our one day a year of homage to the v8 gods. amen.
NAK302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 08:58 AM   #9
HOON69
Banned

i dont do nothing till it hits the tv box maybe 30minutes before i'll get the right channel on,get me a drink or 2-3 then prepare for the long w/e ahead.
HOON69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 09:44 AM   #10
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

This is for race day mind you...

1. Get up

2. Grab remote

3. Turn TV on

4. Flick to channel 10

5. Watch

I'd get up for the occasional toilet break. Hopefully this year the right team will win.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:54 AM   #11
Mrs347stroker
Banned

Quote:

I think you have been speaking to my husband, as this is pretty much the same routine he will be following.
Mrs347stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 10:10 AM   #12
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Never much beer for me on race day I'm a bit unlucy in that not many of my friends are so interested to go to Bathurst as I am. I'm there every year and this year is no different. Start day around 5am at track to get good pozzie on pit straight,watch start up till 1st pit stop, catch bus to top walk all around track all the way to forrest elbow stopping each corner to get feeling of cars.Watch asthey fall down through dipper,essses and the elbow. Trudge back up along track back to bus for trip back down and find decent pozzie for finish. Normally I would head off as soon as race is finished but this year I have the luxury of staying the extra night and home Monday.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:37 AM   #13
XPcoupe
The Grand Prix

I have a BBQ at my place every year.

I hire big screen projector. Put a BBQ on and tell everyone I know. We have bacon and egg roll at 9am and crack the first can as they say start your engines.
Normally end up with about 50+ people over watching bathburst. It has become a bit of a regular event for my place the last 5 years. norammlly goes to very late into the night.

Bright Green XP Coupe
9" 3.55 LSD, C10 and mild 302 Windsor

Cruizing the roads 70's style
XPcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 10:44 AM   #14
XAGSV8
Member 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPcoupe

I hire big screen projector. Put a BBQ on and tell everyone I know. We have bacon and egg roll at 9am and crack the first can as they say start your engines.
Normally end up with about 50+ people over watching bathburst. It has become a bit of a regular event for my place the last 5 years. norammlly goes to very late into the night.
How much does it cost to hire a big screen projector?

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 10:56 AM   #15
TZENU
XY Driv3r

Quote:

OMFG!! that is like a carbon copy of what my m8s and i do every year!!! :hihi: But not 50 people though... Normally 15-20 show up with the majority being Blue blooded! And each year we do it at a different m8s house

And if Ford wins we crack the bottle of Jim Beam black!!! which hasnt been opened yet! hopefully this year will be very very different!
Old 03-10-2005, 11:01 AM   #16
Falcon Freak
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xa bird
Me and the Missus are going there this year first time since dick hit the rock but usually I follow the same order as GTWXA only send the kids to grandma's the night before for pease .
Are you in for a surprise! The Mt. Panorama you remember is a lot different to what you will see this year. Be interested to know what you thoughts are about all of the changes.

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 12:14 PM   #17
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
I JUST GET UP AND WATCH FROM START TO FINISH DON'T EVEN GET DRESSED. wont talk or answer anybody .if i am at work i stand in front of a tv and stare all day . they may have to take me off the payroll for the day .
i once took a girl out on a 1st date . when i was younger and forgot it was the race day so i took her to a pub and sat in front of the screen all day and didn't talk to her (wasa glued to the screen ) she was bored sheetless so i took her home and went back and watched it all day uninterrupted .that was when old dicky johnson was driving that green mustang . gee i hated that car . but it was still worth losing the woman.
Good to see your priorities are spot on!
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 12:29 PM   #18
XPcoupe
The Grand Prix

Quote:
How much does it cost to hire a big screen projector?
I score the big screen from my works board room, some one else borrows it for grand final weekend.

Bright Green XP Coupe

Old 03-10-2005, 12:32 PM   #19
parawolf
beep beep

My usual routine over the past 5 years have been:

wake up
have breakfast
watch start + 30 minutes (give or take 5)
fall asleep
watch last 30 minutes (give or take 5).
Old 03-10-2005, 12:33 PM   #20
XPcoupe
The Grand Prix

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZENU
OMFG!! that is like a carbon copy of what my m8s and i do every year!!! :hihi: But not 50 people though... Normally 15-20 show up with the majority being Blue blooded! And each year we do it at a different m8s house

And if Ford wins we crack the bottle of Jim Beam black!!! which hasnt been opened yet! hopefully this year will be very very different!
Yes well I end up with 50 people over the day. some come early and leave other come after lunch and stay for the after party. I go the black cans during the day. I think I would struggle to open at bottle of black at 5pm, noramlly a bit wasted by then.

Bright Green XP Coupe

Old 03-10-2005, 01:55 PM   #21
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

Is the Bathurst 2005 preview magazine out?
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 02:09 PM   #22
rodderz

1. Saturday Night- Drink copious amounts of beer
2. Go to bed at stupid hour
3. Get up at stupid hour (for a sunday)
4. Watch Bathurst all day, without a bum leaving the seat except for toilet breaks
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 02:15 PM   #23
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had corporate tickets.
Couldn't go due to work issues
Gave tickets away
Issues resolved
Too late
SPEWIN'

Went out and bought new HiDef plazma and will imbibe many litres of rum like substance while watching 888 lap 2
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 03:35 PM   #24
Gunns
Banned

Drive up to the mount a couple of days before hand.
Pich the tent and start drinking.
Find a nice spot on to of the mountain for the race, lots more drinking involved.
Don't stop drinking until Sunday night,
Drive home Monday.
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 09:42 PM   #25
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Up at dawn..0430..get bbq ready for breaky...usual coffee and smokes to get heart started...0700 get sunday paper get bacon eggs,hash browns,snags,fresh bread from baker,back home,put out ford flags and bunting, flash up bbq turn on tv,beer fridge stocked nite before,and the rest is history.
The one full day of the year I do absolutely nothing except watch the race and chill.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 09:53 PM   #26
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:

That's it, I'm coming to your place! You're around the corner from work so I'll just stagger in on monday morning ****ed off my nut and start giving the boss crap about Holden losing.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 10:01 PM   #27
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
That's it, I'm coming to your place! You're around the corner from work so I'll just stagger in on monday morning ****ed off my nut and start giving the boss crap about Holden losing.
And your next job is????????

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 03-10-2005, 10:07 PM   #28
Psycho Chicken
Banned

I'm actually just waiting for my next job to take me in, so I'm not too fussed about this one anymore.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2005, 10:12 PM   #29
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats right I forgot your going back the ADF.....are you really a masochist?

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 03-10-2005, 10:14 PM   #30
Sloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14A-Mclaren
Is the Bathurst 2005 preview magazine out?
Yeah, saw it on the shelf yesterday
I lied my way into getting the day off work on Sunday. My dad owns a light/sound hire company so we just steal a projector and screen from there to watch the race.
Sloth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post