Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 18-09-2005, 10:21 AM   #1
KEV EB XR8
XR8 v Lee. love you Lee

Default brocks wins at bathurst need facts before goin in to bat

went to a party last night and the crowd consisted of 8 holden die hards and myself and one other blue oval defence team .out numbered and lacking some knowledge on some topics spoken , we tried hard but suffered bad

1st one was= brock has 9 official wins at bathurst . but he used other car to win this one and there was another time it was ????

2nd was they reacon holden had to downgrade thier suspension etc to let ford have a competitive car in the field .

give me some amo to finish this debate or are they fairdinkum
cheers kev

As original from showroom floor with all options
Additions - Pacemakers turbo400 3" exhaust
Custom cai prototype No 4
Stage 1 shift kit with neck brace
Still to come DIVORCE
KEV EB XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2005, 10:24 AM   #2
Donut King
Officially Unemployed!

brock won 9, including the time he took over the teams second car after his own failed...
He also won 1 Bathurst 24hr in the nations cup monaro.

Holden lobbied long and hard to be able to use the twin wishbone front suspension for their V8 supercars because it was a better design than that of their macpherson strut front end. They were eventually allowed to use the ford style suspension under project blueprint

Donut King is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2005, 10:37 AM   #3
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut King
brock won 9, including the time he took over the teams second car after his own failed...
He also won 1 Bathurst 24hr in the nations cup monaro.

Holden lobbied long and hard to be able to use the twin wishbone front suspension for their V8 supercars because it was a better design than that of their macpherson strut front end. They were eventually allowed to use the ford style suspension under project blueprint
In your Commie V8 Supercar the diff is Ford design, the Watts link is Ford designed, the wishbone front end is based on the ford design, the engine is a Chev, but it's the same plastic lion used by the local Commies.
Soon after that you realise its a pointless tired debate thats gone on for years, and that Larry Perkins wears odd coloured race boots to look poor not because he is poor.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2005, 11:53 AM   #4
buickman
buickman

The 1 he used the second was against Moffarts RX7 not a real bathurst buff so not sure on the year .

The second I think was the Texaco Ford Sierra's of the German guys who were disqualified for using a illegal turbo or fuel?

buickman
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2005, 12:36 PM   #5
Gammaboy
Grinder+Welder = Race car

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman
The 1 he used the second was against Moffarts RX7 not a real bathurst buff so not sure on the year .

The second I think was the Texaco Ford Sierra's of the German guys who were disqualified for using a illegal turbo or fuel?

buickman
I believe the Sierras were DQ'd for "Illegal wheelarch modifications"
What a crock of s**t that was.....
Old 18-09-2005, 12:46 PM   #6
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Didnt he also win in a Volvo when the 2L touring cars did 1000kms round Bathurst?
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2005, 01:09 PM   #7
Psycho Chicken
Banned

He took over the other team car in 1983.

He finished 3rd in 1987, they couldn't pin the fuel issue on the Sierras so they decided the body work was illegal. That year was a mess anyway.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2005, 01:13 PM   #8
347Stroker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammaboy
I believe the Sierras were DQ'd for "Illegal wheelarch modifications"
What a crock of s**t that was.....

Exactly.
They were outed for "lipping the guards"
Earlier in the week the Texaco cars were grounded for "illegal signwriting" because they had Texaco on the roofs. Apparantly it was an FIA sanctioned event, and they ran like that world over, but upon hitting our shores, they were hit for anything...

Brock jumped into McLeod?Parsons car in 87 from memory, which was the race he won due to the exclusion of the Eggenberger Texaco Sierras.
I believe he also did it on another occasion, but will need to have a look at my videos and get back to you..
347Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2005, 01:32 PM   #9
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
He took over the other team car in 1983.

He finished 3rd in 1987, they couldn't pin the fuel issue on the Sierras so they decided the body work was illegal. That year was a mess anyway.
Was 1983 the year that the one against Moffarts RX7 . I can recall Moffarts words standing up there on 2nd place saying it took 2 Holdens to beat his Mazda.

buickman
buickman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2005, 01:49 PM   #10
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347stroker
Brock jumped into McLeod?Parsons car in 87 from memory, which was the race he won due to the exclusion of the Eggenberger Texaco Sierras.
I believe he also did it on another occasion, but will need to have a look at my videos and get back to you..
Yep, jumped in in 1987. He and Parsons were running the 05 car. Got into the 10 car and put it over the line. Wasn't that the year he was running around with no windows?

Can't find him doing it anywhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickman
Was 1983 the year that the one against Moffarts RX7 . I can recall Moffarts words standing up there on 2nd place saying it took 2 Holdens to beat his Mazda.

buickman
Would of been the year, Moffat/Katayama ran 2nd.
Old 18-09-2005, 02:20 PM   #11
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

85 was the year he was running second with no windscreens, he was catching Goss in the Jaguar when his timing chain broke and he was out.

You were allowed to cross enter back then, so theres nothing wrong with using your teammates cars, especially when u own the team.

Wasnt the point of project blueprint, to hobble the holden teams and give Ford a chance again?
Why would Holden want to get rid of the simple strut design that they had won so much with?
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2005, 02:26 PM   #12
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX
Why would Holden want to get rid of the simple strut design?
Ever had a pogo stick! Similar characteristics. Why do you think they mandated a twin wishbone system for the 347 Munro?
Old 18-09-2005, 03:17 PM   #13
347Stroker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
Ever had a pogo stick! Similar characteristics. Why do you think they mandated a twin wishbone system for the 347 Munro?

I would love to see a Windsor powered 347 ci factory Monaro, but sadly, I dont think the Holden boys would like it.
I think you meant 427 Monaro.....lol
347Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2005, 03:31 PM   #14
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 347stroker
I would love to see a Windsor powered 347 ci factory Monaro, but sadly, I dont think the Holden boys would like it.
I think you meant 427 Monaro.....lol
Well you knew the ones I meant. Only things due to power Munro now are memories.. 427 yes I stand corrected!! :
Old 18-09-2005, 04:48 PM   #15
eb six on boost
NO CARBON TAX

good ''holden man'' hey
Atomic performance engine, powerglide, coan converter, gtx55 turbo, 2000hp plazmaman water to air, 100mm throttle body, twin 50mm gates, side exit exhausts, 18 x 2200cc injectors, ems 8860 and race dash.......
7.83 @ 177 MPH

1100+ rwhp @ 40psi

the first 7 second sohc ! eat it

1993 eb falcon 15.4 @ 90mph (tow car)
eb six on boost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2005, 06:51 PM   #16
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

It was 1983 that Broke and Harvey took over the 2nd HDT entry ,number 25 , after 05 died ! larry Perkins I think, and Phil Brock( Peters brother) were the drivers of the 25 car , and Perkins started the race ! When perkins first stop was made the 25 car was tken over by Brock and Harvey so Phil brock never got the drive ! So the record books show the win with only three drivers ! To this day Phil brock still resents his brother for cheating him out of a Bathurst 1000 winners trophie ! I know this because I know Phil as he lives up here in Darwin!

I'm not arrogent , Just superior
Blue Oval Mopar Man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2005, 08:54 PM   #17
XAGSV8
Member 178

Brock's Wins
1972 Torana XU-1
1975 Torana L34
1978 Torana A9X
1979 Torana A9X
1980 Commodore VC
1982 Commodore VH
1983 Commodore VH
1984 Commodore VK
1987 Commodore VL

2ND Place
1973 Torana XU-1

3RD Place's
1969 Monaro GTS350
1976 Torana L34

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2005, 09:00 PM   #18
aimzes
...fairly odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Oval Mopar Man
It was 1983 that Broke and Harvey took over the 2nd HDT entry ,number 25 , after 05 died ! larry Perkins I think, and Phil Brock( Peters brother) were the drivers of the 25 car , and Perkins started the race ! When perkins first stop was made the 25 car was tken over by Brock and Harvey so Phil brock never got the drive ! So the record books show the win with only three drivers ! To this day Phil brock still resents his brother for cheating him out of a Bathurst 1000 winners trophie ! I know this because I know Phil as he lives up here in Darwin!
id be pretty dirty. and i think the fact that brock was actually alloud to take over another car is BS. your car dies, bad luck. so basically (imo) hes won it 8 times. lol hehehe.
Old 18-09-2005, 09:09 PM   #19
MethodX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dick johnson wanted to take over the Radisich Sierra in 1990 to chase down Grice/Percy but couldnt move the seat back enough to fit.

They all tried it, it was within the rules.
MethodX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2005, 09:16 PM   #20
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimzes
id be pretty dirty. and i think the fact that brock was actually alloud to take over another car is BS. your car dies, bad luck. so basically (imo) hes won it 8 times. lol hehehe.
Seven.
Old 18-09-2005, 09:20 PM   #21
aimzes
...fairly odd

Quote:
lol... ok the fact that anyone could do it is BS. i think its wrong.
Old 18-09-2005, 09:33 PM   #22
XAGSV8
Member 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodX
Probably more of a loophole in the rules, they cross entered drivers and cars.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
Old 18-09-2005, 09:34 PM   #23
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Well they mustn't of tried to hard to close the loophole if it happened twice.
Old 19-09-2005, 12:02 AM   #24
XAGSV8
Member 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
Well they mustn't of tried to hard to close the loophole if it happened twice.
They didn't back in those day's. The rules were that shallowly written that many things could be interpreted to suite one's needs.

1963 Morris Mini

1999 NU Fairlane Ghia
Old 19-09-2005, 08:30 AM   #25
KEV EB XR8
XR8 v Lee. love you Lee

thanks fellas . if i cant win this debate i'll just offer them a bet on this year and leave history alone .

i still think it suxs (brock)

Still to come DIVORCE
Old 19-09-2005, 12:03 PM   #26
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

[QUOTE=KEV EB XR8]thanks fellas . if i cant win this debate i'll just offer them a bet on this year and leave history alone .

i still think it suxs (brock)[/QUOTE

Dont let them get away thinking they know everything ! You make sure they know how The king of the hill only won 3 of those bathurst wins because he had freinds in high places ! The 2 cars for one race deal, The, cant beat em so lets find something to disqualify em deal , And the Lets just build 2 special huge horsepower V8 Supercars and call em road cars and let people think we actually will sell em to the public deal !
Thats 3 times the cheat of the hill won ! And 7 times the king of the hill won! I remember most of those races and even though he drove for the dark side , 7 times he truely was a pleasure to watch ! i remember 1979 , in the A9X hatchback , Brockie setting the fastest lap of the race on the last lap , and as he was doing this , he was driving one handed , waving at the crowd thru Mcphilimy park and skyline , the fastest part of the track across the mountain! Truely spectactular ! Mind you , the very next year he was getting canned by a Number 17 blue Falcon , when on lap 17 , a huge rock the size of Texas ended up on the track ,which took the falcon out in no uncertain terms ! Some even said it was a very low act by a very low holden supporter that rolled it onto the track, but that is pure speculation on my part! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
:Reverend:

Old 19-09-2005, 01:03 PM   #27
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Let us not forget that Allan Moffat did it in 1980 or 81 when his Yellow XD died, he jumped into the Bob Morris XD (and they werent even the same team, it was a last minute cross entry stitched up a day or so before the race). That car died too tho. which I belive made Moff the first driver to score a double-DNF in the same Bathurst 1000 race (maybe).

Dick Johnson and John Bowe also tried to take their second sierra at Bathurst mid race when number 17 died. I think ther was a problem with seats or somethign with 18 tho so it didnt come about.

At that time most of the 2 car teams were cross entered and did it if they had to.
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-09-2005, 01:12 PM   #28
Blue Oval Mopar Man
Has Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77
Let us not forget that Allan Moffat did it in 1980 or 81 when his Yellow XD died, he jumped into the Bob Morris XD (and they werent even the same team, it was a last minute cross entry stitched up a day or so before the race). That car died too tho. which I belive made Moff the first driver to score a double-DNF in the same Bathurst 1000 race (maybe).

Dick Johnson and John Bowe also tried to take their second sierra at Bathurst mid race when number 17 died. I think ther was a problem with seats or somethign with 18 tho so it didnt come about.

At that time most of the 2 car teams were cross entered and did it if they had to.
yes , but they only did it after brock had set the benchmark, and thought , if tey can win a race by bending the rules , why cant we ? Thats why cross entries were disallowed eventually ! Every one started to cross enter and it was starting to get out of hand ! It should never have happened in the first place !

Old 19-09-2005, 01:32 PM   #29
KEV EB XR8
XR8 v Lee. love you Lee

wasn't the palmer xd hit with water at a speed . was that crew or spectator
im enjoyin this
also the ford aero kits were knocked back somewhere along the line to i think

Still to come DIVORCE
Old 19-09-2005, 02:09 PM   #30
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

AU aero kit was knocked back, I remember seeing it at the Sydney Motor Show, very hot looking car. Holden complianed that the rear wing was "too much like a two piece wing" & I also think they had issues with the front air-dam.
Later Gibbo....

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post