Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-08-2005, 02:18 PM   #1
XAGSV8
Member 178

Default House was nearly broken into Saturday.

Saturday night I get home a 1.45 and about 2.00am I hear my gate open but think nothing of it thinking it was next doors gate again. A few seconds later I hear this noise near my back window and some bastard was trying to get in thinking nobody was home. I stuck my head out and scared the living crap out of him and he ran off so quick I didn't get a chance to get out the door to get him. Anyway called the cops and they eventually found him so he dropped his bike, ripped of his shirt and ran away. I reckon he was checking my place out previously because he new his way around all my security lights without turning them on and there has been evidence of somebody trying to get into the house in the past. Lucky the bugger got away because if I caught him I probably be up on assualt charges right now. Anyway thats my rant for the day.

XAGSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 02:19 PM   #2
damo351

man thats ed up
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 02:26 PM   #3
SunDrifter
To shreads you say?!

Buy more Security lights mate, scum like that don't give up too easily.

You've got a computer right? Its not too hard to setup a web cam to motion-detect monitor an entrance to your house if need be.
I've owned Holdens and Daewoos, and had plenty of problems with Holdens and none with Daewoos. Of course, the Holden is the more desirable car to own and drive, but based on my experience it is not the higher quality of the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickHolden
Weight means nothing to a cars handling...
:
SunDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 02:29 PM   #4
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDrifter
Buy more Security lights mate, scum like that don't give up too easily.

You've got a computer right? Its not too hard to setup a web cam to motion-detect monitor an entrance to your house if need be.
And hook it up to a gun as well ... LOL
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 02:41 PM   #5
XYGTHO
FORD FREAK

Hey mate. Yer its getting worse in this supposed respectable town of ours. You hear of so many more breakins and murders and stuff lately. I'd get a good gaurd dog if you have a secured yard. My parents are in the Nabour Hood Watch and the cops come and talk to them all the time. They found a piece of paper which showed every house that did and didn't have a dog in our area and the where only targeting the houses which didn't have dogs. Makes it hard if renting or something though. I'd get a rotty or doberman. We've had doberman for years, very trustworthy dogs.
Old 09-08-2005, 02:47 PM   #6
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When i get my house im gettin the b**ch wired up like nothing else. Gonna have those roller shutters on every door and window. Will have some cameras aswell. Get a huge dog or 2. And then as a fail safe maybe some landmines wont go astray lol.

At least when your at home you have the chance to knock em for six. Screw the law if anyone breaks in when im home then i have every right to kick the living daylights outta them.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 02:52 PM   #7
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I stayed out in my new house the other night ... and there's nothing around .... it's that quiet at night ... my ears were ringing ... even that quite that I could hear the trucks on Putty road (7km away).

So if someone tries something at night .... I'd hear the main gate open or the fence creak (100-200m away) before anyone got near to the house.

Then when they set the sensor light off ... they'll be blinded with a 1500W floodlight ... LMAO
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 02:57 PM   #8
Steffo
LPG > You

Why do people do these things?

If you want your own surveillance, get one of these...

http://www.auspcmarket.com.au/show_p...tegory_id]=188

And add a few of these to it...

http://www.auspcmarket.com.au/index....;category_id]=
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 03:00 PM   #9
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

take no mercy if you catch one of those pricks, don't know why the law protects them, there scum and should be treated like scum, cleaned up and throwen away!

Changes: 5 spd manual
Extractors, 2.5in exhaust
AMG Quake 17's w/ maxxis rubba
Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Bike: CR250R 05 :evil3:
Heeno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 03:19 PM   #10
sbutler
335 kw of goodness

Dont worry about an assult charge, if you catch him belt pick handles outa him then call the cops & tell them there are guys fighting out the front of your house, could they come & break them up. They might not lock him up for house breaking but you'll feel better.......

2012 GTP 213 black what was I thinking? NOW FOR SALE>>
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11439680
sbutler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 03:28 PM   #11
Gunns
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbutler
Dont worry about an assult charge, if you catch him belt pick handles outa him then call the cops & tell them there are guys fighting out the front of your house, could they come & break them up. They might not lock him up for house breaking but you'll feel better.......
I like your thinking. If it happen to me the ***** better have health cover.
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 03:33 PM   #12
Heeno
Formally knowen as EBus

i've spoken to a cop about this and he told me that you could flog them silly and say he tryed to attack you first, making you fear for your life and retaliate in self defence. no assult charges can be laid :hihi: and you get to beat the p!ss outta scum

Changes: 5 spd manual
Extractors, 2.5in exhaust
AMG Quake 17's w/ maxxis rubba
Lovelle superlows
Cheap a55 Pod Filter

Bike: CR250R 05 :evil3:
Heeno is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 03:37 PM   #13
XD-Machine
proud xd owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by XYGTHO
Hey mate. Yer its getting worse in this supposed respectable town of ours. You hear of so many more breakins and murders and stuff lately. I'd get a good gaurd dog if you have a secured yard. My parents are in the Nabour Hood Watch and the cops come and talk to them all the time. They found a piece of paper which showed every house that did and didn't have a dog in our area and the where only targeting the houses which didn't have dogs. Makes it hard if renting or something though. I'd get a rotty or doberman. We've had doberman for years, very trustworthy dogs.
yeah i like dobermens (never had one) and i get one over a rotty, plus the movies make um out to be a bad *** killing machine so nobody screws with your house or property.

My XD's progress http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=20847
XD-Machine is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 03:48 PM   #14
Shonky
my other ride is the bus.

Yeah I don't think I would be holding back if some ******** tried to steal from me... As sbutler has said, if you plead self defence you are unlikely to be charged.

Be careful of loopholes in the law though... Such as the one that allowed the victims of a break and enter to be sued because the burglar tripped over a child safety barrier at the top of a flight of stairs and ended up in a wheelchair.

+ Lots of Land Rovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourbastard
Edelbrock.... not Peter Brock. Theres a world of difference. For a start my heads have much less gum tree in them.
Shonky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 03:53 PM   #15
CongoAU2
AYE YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY
When i get my house im gettin the b**ch wired up like nothing else. Gonna have those roller shutters on every door and window. Will have some cameras aswell. Get a huge dog or 2. And then as a fail safe maybe some landmines wont go astray lol.

At least when your at home you have the chance to knock em for six. Screw the law if anyone breaks in when im home then i have every right to kick the living daylights outta them.

I would not worry bout gettng roller shutters as the scum of the world only need a screwdriver to pop the shutter off the wall. They are only plastic plugged into the wall.

well at least you got home when you did could have been a lot worse. out:

A guy that i work with had his house try to be broken into, and he caught him in his backyard. gave the guy three warning to not try and get past cause the police were on the way over. And the scum came at him anyway so my mate cracked him in the top of the head with a golf club. split his head wide open. police came threatened him he could be charged but said it was up to the burgular, but if he pressed charges it would basically admit himself he was trying to break in. so you wouldn't get in trouble, crack the scum out all you want. :evil_laug
CongoAU2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-08-2005, 07:40 PM   #16
3Toed
The Smoking Sloth™

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSWXA
Lucky the bugger got away because if I caught him I probably be up on assualt charges right now. Anyway thats my rant for the day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heeno
take no mercy if you catch one of those pricks, don't know why the law protects them, there scum and should be treated like scum, cleaned up and throwen away!
My motto: no body; no crime. :

Glad to spotted him before he did/broke/took anything though.
Amen Brother.
3Toed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 12:14 AM   #17
FRDXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think in South Africa you are actually allowed to shoot and kill people breaking into your property due to the high numbers of crime there. Not sure if this laws still around though...
FRDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 12:20 AM   #18
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Good to see the individual was of sound mind to rip his shirt off.

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU DO THIS???

Good on you for being vigilant enough to go outside and see whats up.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 12:30 AM   #19
Dezza
Parts bin special

A couple of years ago, mum was getting the car serviced so the carport was empty. She was at home, and a car came up the driveway and pulled up on the grass just outside the house. Mum walked to the door, and when they saw her, they took off at an excessive rate. Lucky she was there because they looked very suspicious.

Now though, our Whippet would probably scare off any intruders! When we have visitors, he starts barking, and it is nearly impossible to shut him up.

Daily 2014 SZII Territory diesel - basic runabout

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
2010 FG XR50T ute - XR8 bonnet, Streetfighter intake
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 12:41 AM   #20
Feathers
Lucifer's Angel

Walking home from school one day with my mum we noticed a car in the cul-de-sac next to our house, with a woman driving and a man leaning in the passenger's side window. They seemed to be arguing, but as we got closer he got in the car and they drove off.
Once we got home we noticed that the house had been broken into, back door glass was smashed.
Didn't notice anything missing initially. They went through drawers and cupboards, but only took our el cheapo Kmart fishing rods.
Later we found my Dad's chainsaw out in the yard, so we thought that the people we saw were arguing over if the guy should go back and get it or not.
Blueprint, manual, 4490's, Redback 2.5" dual exhaust, BA Typhoon rims, tint, fog light covers, BF tailights, blue illuminated window switches, Ghia bootlid carpet, lower grille, FPV door spears, steering wheel & interior bits, XR6T + F6 intake, K&N filter, Typhoon spoiler, tuned, sway bars, custom angel eyes & plates..YUM!

If there's one thing guys in Holdens hate more than being beaten by a Ford...
It's being beaten by a girl driving a Ford
Feathers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 12:42 AM   #21
MrQuan
Social Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDXR6
I think in South Africa you are actually allowed to shoot and kill people breaking into your property due to the high numbers of crime there. Not sure if this laws still around though...
Sure you don't mean Chicago? :P In the US they reckon shoot the bugger and then drag him back into your doorway (this leaves a lot less paperwork for the cops) ;)

Incidentally, the same American that told me this had his laptop stolen AGAIN. The first time it was stolen from his car about a month ago, this time from his new home in south Brissy.

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
MrQuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 12:59 AM   #22
gtfpv
GT

YEP THEY ARE SLACK WITH NO RESPECT for anyone . i've had things stolen 3 times from my front yard. garden lights. i replaced them 2 weeks later and they came back and got them agian . , took my hose real as well. then last week took my bird bath. . all happenned over a 4 year period. end result is . can't have anything in the front that can be carried away . and i live in an upmarket new estate.whataya do. at least i have a bad **** german shephard in the backyard.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 01:00 AM   #23
NC 5ltr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
You cant forget the mote and the draw bridge
NC 5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 01:25 AM   #24
MrQuan
Social Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
YEP THEY ARE SLACK WITH NO RESPECT for anyone . i've had things stolen 3 times from my front yard. garden lights. i replaced them 2 weeks later and they came back and got them agian . , took my hose real as well. then last week took my bird bath. . all happenned over a 4 year period. end result is . can't have anything in the front that can be carried away . and i live in an upmarket new estate.whataya do. at least i have a bad **** german shephard in the backyard.
You could put another bad-*** german shephard in the front yard! ...but these days I guess you risk being sued : Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

The thing that get me p!ssed off is how these vandals and theives are protected by the law, to the extent where they can sue you after braking into your home!! Who's the bloody victim?

3.73 LSD | Darkest legal tint | tinted back lights | Sprayed Dash | Custom Trims
Sound System:
Fusion front splits, rear 3-ways, and 2 x 12" subs with ctrl, 3 x Fusion amps | Clarion HU | 1F Cap | 60GB Zen Xtra | 800W RMS output!
Old 10-08-2005, 02:06 AM   #25
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQuan
You could put another bad-*** german shephard in the front yard! ...but these days I guess you risk being sued : Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

The thing that get me p!ssed off is how these vandals and theives are protected by the law, to the extent where they can sue you after braking into your home!! Who's the bloody victim?
If you have warning signs, BEWARE OF DANGEROUS DOG etc, and someone still breaks in, and the dog gobbles them up, no fault of yours.

Same thing, if you tell someone to leave your property, and they don't, and then attack you, and you bash their face in with a tyre iron, you're free of charge, as you had asked them to leave and they didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRDXR6
In most states in the USA, you can do that. If someone breaks into your house/trespasses on your property with the intent to cause you harm (like carrying a knife or a weapon or something), you have every right to pull out a .50 AE Desert Eagle and blow their face off.

Oh, and I know a guy who's dad goes on business trips to South Africa frequently. The townhouses they lived at (they called it 'compound') had a big brick wall around them, with a barbed wire fence, a bit steel gate with two guards stations, and guards with assault rifles everywhere. So yes, break into a house there, you'll get shot up alright.

:
Old 10-08-2005, 02:18 AM   #26
MrQuan
Social Disaster

I don't doubt the South Africa bit for a second Steffo. My step-mother happens to be from Zimbabwe (she's white BTW), so I hear all the stories.

It's good to know I still have the right to rearrange someones face if they step foot in my yard, I'll be sure to remember the due warning :P hehe

Sound System:
Old 10-08-2005, 02:22 AM   #27
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
In most states in the USA, you can do that. If someone breaks into your house/trespasses on your property with the intent to cause you harm (like carrying a knife or a weapon or something), you have every right to pull out a .50 AE Desert Eagle and blow their face off.
So where does one pick up a .50 Deagle? Do i just go straight to the checkout at the Local Liquor and get one over the counter?

God damn a Deagle to any part of the body would guarentee a bad day.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-08-2005, 03:33 AM   #28
Steffo
LPG > You

Quote:
So where does one pick up a .50 Deagle? Do i just go straight to the checkout at the Local Liquor and get one over the counter?

In America? At any gunshop. Here? You don't.

You can walk into your local gunshop and order a Colt M16 over there.

:
Old 10-08-2005, 04:24 AM   #29
MrQuan
Social Disaster

Quote:

You could get a gun over the counter at your local liquor, but probably only if you were trying to rob the place... Now I'm sure there's a Pulp Fiction quote about grandpa Irvin that would fit here :P

Sound System:
Old 10-08-2005, 04:33 AM   #30
pauljh74
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For all counter strike players - get a deagle and an AWP sniper rifle - to take him down if he runs

As long as the scum doesn't have a witness, drag his *** out on the street before or after you beat him up and therefore it didn't happen on your property - meaning no lawsuit against you. Just say you were out the front and this punk came up and demanded money - when I refused, he attacked me and I defended myself. Maybe work him over in the garage with the phone books to inflict pain with less marks
Not bad for a #2 driver
Mark Webber after winning the 2010 British Grand Prix.
pauljh74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post