Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 06-08-2005, 11:30 PM   #1
InitialD
Low and Loud

Default Confused more then ever

Anyone who has driven the mickmobile recently will agree with me here that its gutless :

LV619's old CFI EA could beat me on take off :P, Everyone has assumed the auto is the issue. I had the auto looked at yesterday. after a 20min roadtest and then having a look under it, they say the auto is fine :

I was told that the Torque converter might be missing the lockup on it if its been taken out before and replaced? besides that the auto seems fine apparently. He felt that my motor has no Low down torque for some reason, is this even possible?

What could honestly make the motor have not enough torque? I STILL say the auto is the issue as its really sloppy in changes with a delay between the gears but apparently all 4 speeds are like that :S. The car cannot take off well at all, there is no need to push further then 1/4 on the accelerator as it just makes alot of noise but doesnt go anywhere :S Im lost what to do.....

its a Reco motor with 2ndhand pistons, reco EF head, EF XR6 cam (to anyone who doesnt know :P)

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :

Last edited by InitialD; 07-08-2005 at 12:02 AM.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2005, 11:42 PM   #2
Walkinshaw
Two > One

Get a compression test done. However 108rwkw would suggest that it has power.

Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-08-2005, 11:52 PM   #3
InitialD
Low and Loud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkinshaw
Get a compression test done. However 108rwkw would suggest that it has power.
I thought it had power aswell but its sad when the local riced up VH SL commo beats me on takeoff :

It isnt cause its Low comp (3.9 with EF head) is it? I hope to god not :(

1993 Ford Falcon XR6 Poly Green Stationwagon - 4.0 I6, Auto, 3:45LSD, All the usual XR6 Stuff but in a wagon :
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2005, 12:18 PM   #4
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

take it to a dyno place....dynos can show up what problems things like this are.
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-08-2005, 12:29 PM   #5
niko
likes falcon's

dont they have a shorter 1st...
Old 07-08-2005, 12:31 PM   #6
Gunns
Banned

Mick I have driven your car and the following is worng with it.
1. Torque converter is ed. It does nothing and your car may as well have it fully locked up cos it just slips.
2. Its a auto BTR autos are not known for there take off nor have they ever been or ever will.

My 3 speed and torque converter was gone and I put in the manual and presto instant power.

If you are hell bent on the auto get new torque converter and see how it goes. If it is still no go, take the auto to another auto place and get a second opinion on it.
Gunns is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post