Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 13-01-2005, 08:17 PM   #1
xdc351
X-Series Club Moderator

Default Pushy Foxtel Digital salesmen...

I can't belive what I just had to do!

I had a salesman walk up to my house, knocks on the door about 5 times.... then 4 seconds or so later does the same thing.... I jumped up from my computer and ran to the door not knowing WTF was so urgent to be greeted by a bloke selling Foxtel.

Me: "i've looked at the service and i'm not interested"

Him: why? (fair enough he's a salesman)

Me: "I'm spending too much on my OPTUS cable internet as it is and have no intention to spend more money on cable TV, from any provider"

Him "have you seen how much it costs now?"

Me: "I don't care i'm not interested" (backing into the house and firmly closing the flyscreen door)

Him: "Did you know its only $11.95?"

Me: "um, sure whatever I don't want it *Period* goodbye (closing the heavy wooden front door)

Him: (through the bloody front door) We have a special for houses in this neighbourhood..."

Me: (finally loosing my temper) F**K OFF!!!!

He's still wandering around out the fron of my house, clearly upset about not getting the sale and I guess trying to pick the next sucker.... if he comes back here i'll be far less polite thats for sure :jab:

Last edited by xdc351; 13-01-2005 at 08:19 PM.
xdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2005, 08:43 PM   #2
Olympus
Rocket Fuel Anyone?

LMAO !! Well you can't say they're not doing there job properly.
Persistant little barstools.
Olympus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2005, 08:47 PM   #3
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

i usually talk to them for a while, and then *kindly* tell them that im not interested. Or tell them your underage and your parents arent home. LOL i had to use that one the other day... I'm 20 and 6'4"

Funny as it may seem, i had a salesperson from Foxtel come around while i was still at school, and i was pretty bored so i started talking to the guy, just about random stuff. He walked away after 10minutes and i went back to Playstation.
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2005, 09:05 PM   #4
Dodge
i like to be stroked

that was ur dad LOL
Old 13-01-2005, 09:06 PM   #5
WIKIDSTIX
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hehehehe i always sorry my parents arnt home, but then they say can i call back later, and i say no sorry my dads a nightshift worker. they dont know what to say. :P
WIKIDSTIX is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2005, 09:08 PM   #6
Captain Stubing
Looking for clues...
Donating Member3

And back last year, I decided to upgrade for free, a day before the promotion ended. Got this response :-

Thank you for choosing to upgrade to FOXTEL Digital.

One of our Entertainment Consultants will email you within the next 3-5 working days to confirm your installation date and time.

Demand for FOXTEL Digital is very high at the moment and we will allocate you the first available date as close as possible to your preferred day and time.

Please do not respond to this email. In the mean time check out the amazing features that FOXTEL Digital will be offering you soon in your very own living room:

- Amazing channel choice - no matter what your passions
- FOXTEL Box Office - with blockbuster movies starting every 30 minutes
- Sky News Active - where you choose how and when you see your news
- Sports Active - watch selected live AFL and NRL games from all angles
- FOXTEL Digital Guide - the most advanced and user friendly 7 day
on-screen television viewing guide available

Please find confirmation of your online upgrade booking below:

Regards,

FOXTEL

That was on 14/12/2004, still haven't been contacted by them, in the 3-5 working days!
Captain Stubing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2005, 04:40 AM   #7
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

A month later & no contact. I would tell them to get stuffed when they call.

I think pay tv is incredibly wasteful. I love discovery type docos but I'm not gonna pay $50 per month for that. I haven't even watched free to air tv since mid december and even then it was only for the news.
JADED6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2005, 10:40 AM   #8
M14A-Mclaren
Foo Fighter

ROFL thats ****ing funny shit

Last edited by M14A-Mclaren; 14-01-2005 at 10:43 AM.
M14A-Mclaren is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2005, 01:50 PM   #9
Smoked
Burnin Rubber

That man is a true salesman, doesnt take no for an answer.
***Coming Soon: Clear Side Repeaters***
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
...dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Smoked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2005, 01:55 PM   #10
xceler8shun
Ford Fanatic

hehe, he must have really wanted that commission....

I just never open the security door, if I get sick of them I just say ok bye and close the front door and let them go onto the the neighbours..
xceler8shun is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2005, 03:39 PM   #11
Paris Hilton
Custom User Title

let him in and then try to sell him some product :P
Paris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2005, 03:46 PM   #12
Steffo
LPG > You

I had one of those salesmen knock on my door at 9:30pm. My grandparents go to bed at 8:30pm every night, so I was suitably unhappy with him knocking on the door making noise. I was thinking "Who the f*** is this now!?" so I put the outside light on and opened the door... and there's a Foxtel Digital guy there.... after telling him I'm not interested several times, he shoved a pamflet into my hands and then I closed the door....

Very annoying....
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2005, 03:55 PM   #13
rodderz

If i manage to spot them coming down the drive i just dont answer, otherwise you get stuck talking for 15 minutes with a handful of brochures, particularly from the jo ho's

The leave looking confused as they can hear/see the telly on and cars are there but no-one answers!
rodderz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2005, 04:01 PM   #14
champsky
THCC Motorsport member 1

lol i just tell em "yeah let me get my dad"

dad walks out to the front door and says "sorry dont want none" without even knowing what it is hes selling lol

then closes the door and walks off lol

all b4 the sales person can make his sales pitch lol

Member of the MTAS
Founder of TTM (team twink motorsport)

Founder of the AFFDDPS (Australian Ford Forums Drink Driving Punishment Squad)
champsky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2005, 04:04 PM   #15
champsky
THCC Motorsport member 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodderz
If i manage to spot them coming down the drive i just dont answer, otherwise you get stuck talking for 15 minutes with a handful of brochures, particularly from the jo ho's

The leave looking confused as they can hear/see the telly on and cars are there but no-one answers!

when "jo ho's" come around im always tempted to put 666 across my forhead and wear my cross upsiedown lol, and open the door with my eyes rolled right back with a sauce covered butchers nife and ask em "yes, how may i help you?" :P

Member of the MTAS
Founder of TTM (team twink motorsport)

Founder of the AFFDDPS (Australian Ford Forums Drink Driving Punishment Squad)
champsky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2005, 04:10 PM   #16
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by champsky
when "jo ho's" come around im always tempted to put 666 across my forhead and wear my cross upsiedown lol, and open the door with my eyes rolled right back with a sauce covered butchers nife and ask em "yes, how may i help you?" :P
Just make up a batch of hash cookies- it's worked to good effect in the past! Only I think the offenders ended up with a conviction and the doorknockers were left crook for several days after eating a plate of the stuff
Old 14-01-2005, 04:52 PM   #17
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

We get sales people around all the time but not foxtel...yet.
The worse was an Indian lady selling "Orange" mobile phone deals. I have a company mobile and the private mobile is on a contract. She didnt actually take know as an answer but finally got the hint when I demanded she get off our property before I call the police. I was speechles, I swear I said no about 20 times, asked what part of no she didnt understand, spelt it for her N-O, and then just cracked it and threatened to call the police.

Best sales guys are the Optus one. I open the door, they say the are from optarse and I just say "Already got it all" Home phone..yep, STD...yep, International...yep, mobile...yep, PayTV....yep, addittional PayTV channels....yep, Broadband Cable...yep. "Told you, got it all on Optarse already. They just give up at this time cause they have nothing left to sell me. "Have a nice day!"

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2005, 06:47 PM   #18
rob_o

Tell them that u dont even know what a foxtel is. When they explain what it is then tell 'em u dont have a TV.

Yeah mum had these people come from orange tryin to sell phones. Mum told em that my bro and I got a phone each on a 2 year plan just over a month ago and how we got free text to everyone etc. Yet this bloke tried convincing my mum to cancel the plans (big fee to do that) and get these orange phones coz we can call each other for free. What a dumbass, he thinks that my bro and I are only gonna call each other.
rob_o is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2005, 09:24 AM   #19
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'm sick of the calls we get at night. I've had about 20 different charities wanting me to donate or sell raffle tickets. Then you get the finance companies. And they know your name. I had one guy call and now I said to him that he has the wrong number. He said is this Mr Woodhouse. Told him it is, but he has the wrong number. Some silence at the end of the line. So I said to him, You must be after the Mr Woodhouse who gives a shit about what your trying to sell. I'm not interested, and then hangup.

I did that once and the person rang back. I repeated, not interested, goodbye. They are a persistant lot.

Tele marketers are a pain in the bottom.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2005, 09:49 AM   #20
rodderz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
I'm sick of the calls we get at night. I've had about 20 different charities wanting me to donate or sell raffle tickets. Then you get the finance companies. And they know your name. I had one guy call and now I said to him that he has the wrong number. He said is this Mr Woodhouse. Told him it is, but he has the wrong number. Some silence at the end of the line. So I said to him, You must be after the Mr Woodhouse who gives a shit about what your trying to sell. I'm not interested, and then hangup.

I did that once and the person rang back. I repeated, not interested, goodbye. They are a persistant lot.

Tele marketers are a pain in the bottom.
lol...good tactic there mate! Seems they always know when you're sitting down for tea as well!
Old 15-01-2005, 09:58 AM   #21
rag top
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Gotta try that one!!!

I ask them whenever they call to remove me from their list. If they try to engage in conversation, I just hit them with the "I'm a shift worker and you just woke me up...." they tend to apologise and let me get back to watching the telly. Seems to work as they haven't phoned for a couple of months now.
Old 15-01-2005, 10:16 AM   #22
Steffo
LPG > You

I don't understand why my grandparents don't get a private number. I hate telemarketing morons. The worst thing is my grandparents don't speak English, so ever time someone calls, I have to speak to them.

There should be some kind of law against asshats calling up to sell you something, and knowing your name....

I remember one time, this one guy, sounded Indian, calls up....

Me: "Hello"
Him: "Hello sir, I would just like to inform you that you have been selected to receive a free DVD player curtosey of blah blah blah"
Me: "Sorry, already have one, not interested"
Him: "But it's a free DVD player"
Me: "I'm not interested"

Then the bloke hung up.... couldn't believe that one, but hey, at least he wasn't persistant.
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2005, 11:09 AM   #23
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Best thing fot Telemarketer is the Seinfield defence.

Victim: Hello.
Telemarketer: Hello Sir I'd like to offer you huge savings on your phone bill!
Victim: That's really great, but I cannot talk to you now I have important guests!
Telemarketer: I will call back another time then, this evening perhaps?
Victim: Well I have a lot of guests that visit, how about I call YOU at home? what is your home number?
Telemarketer: I am sorry sir, we cannot give out that information, we have to protect staff privacy!
Victim: So your company doesn't approve of receiving unsolicited calls at all hours on private numbers? Then why the F*** are you calling me!! [HANG-UP]
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2005, 05:12 PM   #24
Jaeger
Getting There

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
Best thing fot Telemarketer is the Seinfield defence.

Victim: Hello.
Telemarketer: Hello Sir I'd like to offer you huge savings on your phone bill!
Victim: That's really great, but I cannot talk to you now I have important guests!
Telemarketer: I will call back another time then, this evening perhaps?
Victim: Well I have a lot of guests that visit, how about I call YOU at home? what is your home number?
Telemarketer: I am sorry sir, we cannot give out that information, we have to protect staff privacy!
Victim: So your company doesn't approve of receiving unsolicited calls at all hours on private numbers? Then why the F*** are you calling me!! [HANG-UP]

I actualy heard a tele marketer in an interview or something on triple j say that whenever they asked him for his home phone number he'd give it to them and ask them to ring them back. He said that usually shut them up.
Old 15-01-2005, 06:00 PM   #25
AlbertM
Cracked Pot

I have Austar(Foxtel) service but haven't swithched to digital yet. They rang me up asking me to if I would like to swithch over. I said to to the nice lady that I would be paying $4 a month more for the exact same channels so what's the point of switching over. She said "You know, your right" and she hung up.

Another call, it sounded like a 60 year old man trying to get me to donate to something. It must have been his first call because he stumbled and stammered and in the back ground I heard "you blew it d'head" and the line went dead.
Old 15-01-2005, 06:45 PM   #26
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper
We get sales people around all the time but not foxtel...yet.
The worse was an Indian lady selling "Orange" mobile phone deals. I have a company mobile and the private mobile is on a contract. She didnt actually take know as an answer but finally got the hint when I demanded she get off our property before I call the police. I was speechles, I swear I said no about 20 times, asked what part of no she didnt understand, spelt it for her N-O, and then just cracked it and threatened to call the police.
I had an Indian bloke (looked to be a uni student) do the exact same thing at my place (selling that orange shit too).
The first time he turned up my mum answered the door. After about 15mins of her saying no to this guy and him asking if he could speak to her husband (yeah like he would want that shit), I came out with a cricket bat and told him to show some respect and get the fu<k off our property. Then the knob had the nerve to come back the next day, where i again told him to POQ and shut the door on him.
Old 15-01-2005, 09:22 PM   #27
Damo
Banned

"Did you know its only $11.95?"
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 12:27 AM   #28
Bearman
Moderator Ford Coupe Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by lv619
I had an Indian bloke (looked to be a uni student) do the exact same thing at my place (selling that orange shit too).
The first time he turned up my mum answered the door. After about 15mins of her saying no to this guy and him asking if he could speak to her husband (yeah like he would want that shit), I came out with a cricket bat and told him to show some respect and get the fu<k off our property. Then the knob had the nerve to come back the next day, where i again told him to POQ and shut the door on him.
They (Indians) seem to be the worst, the rudest and most pushy. If telco's and other large companies insist on exporting jobs to India then maybe a few of these idiots can be exported back there as well!!!
Bearman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 12:40 AM   #29
Firefox7
T3 Terrorist

I get my foxtel all free, free, free,....don't cost me a cent.

Cheers.
Fastest Lap time At wakefield park on Dunlop Sp9000's : 1:14:30, Came 2nd in outright driver, in the overall V8 result, 2006 N.S.W dutton rally :1syellow1

:king: T3 :king: The Mightiest & Deadliest Tickford Ever To Hit The Road........
Firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-01-2005, 01:02 AM   #30
lv619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox7
I get my foxtel all free, free, free,....don't cost me a cent.

Cheers.
ummm, care to share with the rest of us... :evilsasmo