Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-07-2016, 01:34 PM   #1
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Sheer unadulterated torture..

G'day all....It will never happen but......This morning I came across a video review of a 2015 Chevvy SS on You Tube...our Aussie Holden Commodore with a bow tie...as I watched the reviewer going on and on about how great it was to drive a 'real car ' again and fell in love with it , I felt tortured that our dear old Falcons never got the chance to be ' re-discovered' in Yankland...I have been equally tortured by the comments constantly on our Falcons by North Americans as to how they'd absolutely love to get their hands on a full sized Falcon. If ever Ford U.S. had taken our unique car , spent some cash on developing the Aussie platform for a huge market in the U.S. and other places , I wonder if it might have saved some local manufacturing...Probably not but a nice thought anyway. As I watched a couple of other reviews on the SS I wondered what those chaps would have thought of the FGX XR8 Sprint and the FGX XR6 Turbo Sprint just for sheer joy of driveability..I just wonder and torture myself thinking that they'll never ever know now..Cheers Rod..
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 03-07-2016, 01:48 PM   #2
Trump
bitch lasagne

Default Re: Sheer unadulterated torture..

There's no point wasting time on what-if scenarios. The Falcon is dead.

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2016, 01:57 PM   #3
furiousgibbon

You know what, I love that no one else got the falcon. It's ours. We miss out on lots of good ****, let them be envious. I'd like it if a good foreign car journalist came down here and did an unbiased review of the best falcons, but I don't really need anyone to tell me they're awesome cars.
furiousgibbon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 03-07-2016, 02:13 PM   #4
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Who cares? Americans are brain dead idiots anyway. A compliment from one wouldn't be anything to shout about
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-07-2016, 02:24 PM   #5
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

as much as they may say that they want one... they don't really, they like the idea of them, thats it.

look how many ss's get sold, not many
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 03-07-2016, 02:38 PM   #6
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack91 View Post
Who cares? Americans are brain dead idiots anyway. A compliment from one wouldn't be anything to shout about
wow. big call, come over and let them know that
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2016, 05:24 PM   #7
Moby Vic
Cynical Idealist

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
G'day all....It will never happen but......This morning I came across a video review of a 2015 Chevvy SS on You Tube...our Aussie Holden Commodore with a bow tie...as I watched the reviewer going on and on about how great it was to drive a 'real car ' again and fell in love with it , I felt tortured that our dear old Falcons never got the chance to be ' re-discovered' in Yankland...I have been equally tortured by the comments constantly on our Falcons by North Americans as to how they'd absolutely love to get their hands on a full sized Falcon. If ever Ford U.S. had taken our unique car , spent some cash on developing the Aussie platform for a huge market in the U.S. and other places , I wonder if it might have saved some local manufacturing...Probably not but a nice thought anyway. As I watched a couple of other reviews on the SS I wondered what those chaps would have thought of the FGX XR8 Sprint and the FGX XR6 Turbo Sprint just for sheer joy of driveability..I just wonder and torture myself thinking that they'll never ever know now..Cheers Rod..
Ford has studied bringing Falcon to the US many times. The numbers never worked. When I visited Australia in 2012 I made sure to rent a Falcon. It was an XR6. Power was decent, handling felt tight, and I enjoyed it, but it offered no more room than a Fusion (Mondeo). Ford has done a better job of eliminating redundancy than General Motors has in the US. Falcon would essentially be a Fusion replacement here, and Fusion is produced locally and is produced cheaper than Falcon would be. This is a capitalist country, and profit rules the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack91
Pity. I guess you'll ignore my Falcon compliments. Me no brain good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium
as much as they may say that they want one... they don't really, they like the idea of them, thats it.

look how many ss's get sold, not many
The people who tend to want a RWD V8 sedan here tend to refuse to buy one new. If Ford or Holden could manage to build used cars, they'd sell very well. Also, SS styling is too bland and anonymous for American taste. Falcon looks better, but engineering and producing an LHD version would be prohibitively expensive. I had hoped that the S550 Mustang chassis would spawn an all-new Falcon and RWD Lincoln, but it didn't.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:10 PM   #8
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby Vic View Post
Ford has studied bringing Falcon to the US many times. The numbers never worked. When I visited Australia in 2012 I made sure to rent a Falcon. It was an XR6. Power was decent, handling felt tight, and I enjoyed it, but it offered no more room than a Fusion (Mondeo). Ford has done a better job of eliminating redundancy than General Motors has in the US. Falcon would essentially be a Fusion replacement here, and Fusion is produced locally and is produced cheaper than Falcon would be. This is a capitalist country, and profit rules the day.

Pity. I guess you'll ignore my Falcon compliments. Me no brain good.

The people who tend to want a RWD V8 sedan here tend to refuse to buy one new. If Ford or Holden could manage to build used cars, they'd sell very well. Also, SS styling is too bland and anonymous for American taste. Falcon looks better, but engineering and producing an LHD version would be prohibitively expensive. I had hoped that the S550 Mustang chassis would spawn an all-new Falcon and RWD Lincoln, but it didn't.
Its a pity you didnt get a go in some of our other popular models , the xr6 is a good car , but strap a big turbo on the side of the 4.0 litre , its something a bit different , i think the F6 or G6E turbo might have been enjoyed moreso in the US , its a different taste to the bent 8 sedan or ute.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2016, 06:20 PM   #9
Gothefalcon
FAWD - No Boundaries
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: He takes long trips in his AWD Falcon & where ever he goes he sets out to meet forum members at various destinations. He does this without expectation of any sort. I have had the pleasure of spending time with Dhru on two of his separate trips and his gre Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The excellent write ups in your BF AWD Falcon Wagon thread 

Quote:
Interesting view you have !?? Don't forget that these "brain dead idiots", as you refer to them, are the same people that gave us "Falcon" in the first place... and the Ford V8's "we" all love ! In fact... without the Yanks, there'd be no Ford Aus (or GMHolden).

Sure... Aussies have had a big part to play, along the way... but without the Yanks, our driving landscape would have been very different indeed !

I'm the last person to be happy about the Falcon going... and Ford Aus manufacturing ceasing... but I think we at least need to give credit, where credit is due !

D

22 DJR Shell V-Power Mustang Eskymobile (my first EV)
07 BF2 AWD Falcon Wagon (Daily driver)
04 BA Falcon 1Tonner Ute (New Project)
03 BA Falcon Wagon (Spare)
98 NL Fairlane Ghia V8 (Weekend cruiser)
70 VG paddock racer (Cain it til it breaks.. fix it.. Cain it all over again !)
Gothefalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2016, 07:13 PM   #10
malazn mafia
Boss 335

Quote:
Not sure if they are completely brain dead, but at least they have some level of national pride and patriotism. Aussies would burn their own flag rather than fight for it, there seems to be dislike and disrespect for things Australian here. But I can't work out how the Toyota Camry came to be the number 1 sedan in USA, especially during the late 90s. The square 96-02 model is a horrible disgusting piece of design and engineering. It has no handling , no performance and no style. Seems Americans have a thing for this sometimes. But then you have the original 60s Mustangs and then the revived 05+, which are just works of Art. Any other year mustang was just really undesirable and would rather a Falcon any day . Americans are people of many contradictions I guess ..
malazn mafia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2016, 07:41 PM   #11
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by malazn mafia View Post
Not sure if they are completely brain dead, but at least they have some level of national pride and patriotism. Aussies would burn their own flag rather than fight for it, there seems to be dislike and disrespect for things Australian here. But I can't work out how the Toyota Camry came to be the number 1 sedan in USA, especially during the late 90s. The square 96-02 model is a horrible disgusting piece of design and engineering. It has no handling , no performance and no style. Seems Americans have a thing for this sometimes. But then you have the original 60s Mustangs and then the revived 05+, which are just works of Art. Any other year mustang was just really undesirable and would rather a Falcon any day . Americans are people of many contradictions I guess ..
The American made Camry has the highest US content of any car made in the U.S. So even their purchases of the Camry is patriotic
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2016, 09:43 PM   #12
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

G'day all....thanks for adding your thoughts...Valid points as usual . Got to say though..Hypothetically admittedly but if Ford globally had decided to continue a market for larger sized rear wheel drive cars , does anyone think that our unique Australia developed Falcon could have been the basis for that market ?
The uniqueness of our Falcon is just for us and probably quite rightly would never have found a home as strong elsewhere but I'd still love to know what muscle car enthusiasts overseas would make of our GT-P's, GT-F's , F6's, XR8 Sprints and XR6 T Sprints , four doors and all...Even the G6E Turbo's done by FPV maybe as this review shows..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUVWOPxTlSI...Seems they kind of liked it a fair bit...Cheers Rod..
Old 03-07-2016, 09:46 PM   #13
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
G'day all....thanks for adding your thoughts...Valid points as usual . Got to say though..Hypothetically admittedly but if Ford globally had decided to continue a market for larger sized rear wheel drive cars , does anyone think that our unique Australia developed Falcon could have been the basis for that market ?
The uniqueness of our Falcon is just for us and probably quite rightly would never have found a home as strong elsewhere but I'd still love to know what muscle car enthusiasts overseas would make of our GT-P's, GT-F's , F6's, XR8 Sprints and XR6 T Sprints , four doors and all...Even the G6E Turbo's done by FPV maybe as this review shows..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUVWOPxTlSI...Seems they kind of liked it a fair bit...Cheers Rod..
Not as it stands. It is too expensive a platform to be used as a bread and butter base. If on the other hand it was to be used in a premium line, it would make plenty of sense.

Scaled Business Solutions
For Your Small Business IT Needs
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2016, 12:40 PM   #14
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Roddy you keep mentioning our unique car,

What is it that makes it so Unique?
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-07-2016, 12:44 PM   #15
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't know the figures But I believe they have to damn near give away the commodore to sell it in the US. and as the Vauxhall in the UK. Anyway its history now.
Old 04-07-2016, 06:43 PM   #16
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevsta007 View Post
Roddy you keep mentioning our unique car,

What is it that makes it so Unique?
G'day...You can't get any more unique that OZ being pretty much the only country other than NZ and a couple of south Pacific places that you can buy it..rightly or wrongly...How unique do you want it?...Cheers Rod..
Old 04-07-2016, 06:47 PM   #17
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I don't know the figures But I believe they have to damn near give away the commodore to sell it in the US. and as the Vauxhall in the UK. Anyway its history now.
G'day...About $45,000 U.S. apparently was the price in 2015 for the Commie or Chevvy SS..Cheers Rod..
Old 04-07-2016, 06:55 PM   #18
aussie muscle
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
the comments constantly on our Falcons by North Americans as to how they'd absolutely love to get their hands on a full sized Falcon.
and then they wouldn't buy one much like the GTO (Monaro) and SS have languished on dealer lots over the last decade. Like our Australian people, they praise the car's brilliance and then go buy something else.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:14 PM   #19
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
wow. big call
Trump. No more needs to be said.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2016, 01:28 AM   #20
FalconXV
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The best we could hope for is if Ford US revisited the Falcon like they did with the Thunderbird, but like a spartan Argentinian spec one with similar clean lines and proportions to the original. There's not really a straight six in the Ford empire now, so maybe outsource one or use the Ecoboost triple. I'm really high.
FalconXV is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2016, 09:01 AM   #21
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothefalcon View Post
Interesting view you have !?? Don't forget that these "brain dead idiots", as you refer to them, are the same people that gave us "Falcon" in the first place... and the Ford V8's "we" all love ! In fact... without the Yanks, there'd be no Ford Aus (or GMHolden).

Sure... Aussies have had a big part to play, along the way... but without the Yanks, our driving landscape would have been very different indeed !

I'm the last person to be happy about the Falcon going... and Ford Aus manufacturing ceasing... but I think we at least need to give credit, where credit is due !

D
Agree entirely. If you removed American influence entirely you'd be left with primarily English stuff .. Australia's large car would have been Zephyr/Consul, etc. People have obviously forgotten the number of Morris Minors, Austin 1800s, etc which were commonplace in Australia until the mid 80s.

If you thought Australians would just go it alone, you end up with stuff like the Hartnett (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartnett_(car)) and Zeta (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeta_(automobile))

Just be happy the American's gave us what they did.
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 05-07-2016, 10:03 AM   #22
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
G'day...You can't get any more unique that OZ being pretty much the only country other than NZ and a couple of south Pacific places that you can buy it..rightly or wrongly...How unique do you want it?...Cheers Rod..
Where a car is sold, does no make it Unique.

Unique: being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else.
Old 05-07-2016, 10:10 AM   #23
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
G'day...About $45,000 U.S. apparently was the price in 2015 for the Commie or Chevvy SS..Cheers Rod..
That was back in early 2015 when the exchange was closer to Parity.
they were selling them cheaper than you could buy one here. which enraged a few at the time.
Old 05-07-2016, 11:59 AM   #24
ken1939

Lot of ground to cover on this one. I think GM or Ford never wanted to bring back the Ranchero/El Camino (Falcon/Commodore) for a few reasons. I think the US market has been changed by the SUV. I think it dominates the market pretty much.

I do not know what additional steps these vehicles would have needed to muster US DOT standards. I know, the G8 only got a longer front bumper cover, and well the GTO was not much different than the Commodore. In fact I looked at a body shell for sale at a local tech college and it had all the Holden manufacturing tags and Holden Glass. Which surprised me. I think poor marketing on behalf of GM killed the GTO's return. GM did it because they could, similar to the Chevy SS and the G8 lines.

As far as truck sales, I think Ford may have looked at the Falcon at one time, but frankly, F150 Sales are the bread and butter truck. Along with the rest of the F Series Line. I do not think that the margins would have shrunk on the truck side with a Falcon Ute, but being the body style is so long gone from the US market, it may not have done much. Again, they did eliminate the Ranger (Mazda) from their US line up for a reason. More F150 Sales. I cannot get my head around a new F150 costing 50K brand new. I know these prices are low compared to Oz, but I cannot see paying that much for a truck. Its seems that the population at large does not have an issue with driving a truck that cost half of what a house does.

As for the Focus, I can only speak from personal experience. I have a 2005 ZX3 and have 230,000 miles on it and it has been a good car. Beyond brakes, tires and the second exhaust system, two alternators (location of the alternator and bad winter weather) the only expensive repair I had that I could not do whas the PCV Valve hose that split. You had to take the intake manifold off to replace it, and it was worth having the dealership do the work. $400 some odd dollars, but they broke 3 intake bolts. So that saved me a ton of work.

I would consider a Focus ST or a Fusion as its replacement, but I plan on keeping the Focus on the road for another two years. 2.0 with 5 Speed car, still running factory clutch, just replaced the rear brakes last week, they were the originals.

I did like the Focus Cabriolet I saw that is for sale in Oz, but found out its on a different platform than our Focus. I would think that would sell here, but it looks as if Ford North America is going to stay with the 4 door hatch and boot versions going forward of both the Focus and the Fiesta. It would have been fun to graft it to a domestic Focus, but since the platforms are different, to much work.

There are a few blokes here converting G8s into Commodore G8 Utes here in the states.

I had to laugh at the concern that the RS Focus would hurt Mustang Sales. I think the RS is marketed to a different segment of the population, the young drifter set, to combat some of the imported hot hatches. I do see a fair amount of ST Focus and the odd ST Fiesta here and there.

Frankly, I would love to own a BA Falcon XR8, or if I could afford, a Pursuit or one of the last Sprints.

But I can only import a vehicle for the road that is 25 years or older, so if I do get one it will be for a garage queen.

I also understand that MOST of the US Public does not know or care about US History, let alone anything about cars or the history of Australian cars. I want to assure you there are a few of us that "Get It".

I think today's car generation left, and are living their lives on the internet.
(face book, texting etc.) On not so social media.
ken1939 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 05-07-2016, 03:05 PM   #25
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1939 View Post
Lot of ground to cover on this one. I think GM or Ford never wanted to bring back the Ranchero/El Camino (Falcon/Commodore) for a few reasons. I think the US market has been changed by the SUV. I think it dominates the market pretty much.

I do not know what additional steps these vehicles would have needed to muster US DOT standards. I know, the G8 only got a longer front bumper cover, and well the GTO was not much different than the Commodore. In fact I looked at a body shell for sale at a local tech college and it had all the Holden manufacturing tags and Holden Glass. Which surprised me. I think poor marketing on behalf of GM killed the GTO's return. GM did it because they could, similar to the Chevy SS and the G8 lines.

As far as truck sales, I think Ford may have looked at the Falcon at one time, but frankly, F150 Sales are the bread and butter truck. Along with the rest of the F Series Line. I do not think that the margins would have shrunk on the truck side with a Falcon Ute, but being the body style is so long gone from the US market, it may not have done much. Again, they did eliminate the Ranger (Mazda) from their US line up for a reason. More F150 Sales. I cannot get my head around a new F150 costing 50K brand new. I know these prices are low compared to Oz, but I cannot see paying that much for a truck. Its seems that the population at large does not have an issue with driving a truck that cost half of what a house does.

As for the Focus, I can only speak from personal experience. I have a 2005 ZX3 and have 230,000 miles on it and it has been a good car. Beyond brakes, tires and the second exhaust system, two alternators (location of the alternator and bad winter weather) the only expensive repair I had that I could not do whas the PCV Valve hose that split. You had to take the intake manifold off to replace it, and it was worth having the dealership do the work. $400 some odd dollars, but they broke 3 intake bolts. So that saved me a ton of work.

I would consider a Focus ST or a Fusion as its replacement, but I plan on keeping the Focus on the road for another two years. 2.0 with 5 Speed car, still running factory clutch, just replaced the rear brakes last week, they were the originals.

I did like the Focus Cabriolet I saw that is for sale in Oz, but found out its on a different platform than our Focus. I would think that would sell here, but it looks as if Ford North America is going to stay with the 4 door hatch and boot versions going forward of both the Focus and the Fiesta. It would have been fun to graft it to a domestic Focus, but since the platforms are different, to much work.

There are a few blokes here converting G8s into Commodore G8 Utes here in the states.

I had to laugh at the concern that the RS Focus would hurt Mustang Sales. I think the RS is marketed to a different segment of the population, the young drifter set, to combat some of the imported hot hatches. I do see a fair amount of ST Focus and the odd ST Fiesta here and there.

Frankly, I would love to own a BA Falcon XR8, or if I could afford, a Pursuit or one of the last Sprints.

But I can only import a vehicle for the road that is 25 years or older, so if I do get one it will be for a garage queen.

I also understand that MOST of the US Public does not know or care about US History, let alone anything about cars or the history of Australian cars. I want to assure you there are a few of us that "Get It".

I think today's car generation left, and are living their lives on the internet.
(face book, texting etc.) On not so social media.
While i agree with most of what you said there may have been a market for Pursuit utes if there supercharged model was available 5 years ago and the powers to be marketed it correctly.In reality it would have taken some one who looked on the long term future and had heavy investment to market this type of Ute not only to the USA but a world market as a specialist car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pursuit.JPG (48.5 KB, 11 views)
Old 05-07-2016, 07:11 PM   #26
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Where a car is sold, does no make it Unique.

Unique: being the only one of its kind; unlike anything else.
G'day..I have to disagree...WE ARE UNIQUE..There's no-one else like an Aussie , so is our Falcon these days in amongst a plethora of small SUV's , big SUV's, small front wheel drive cars and crossovers etc..New Falcons are as rare as hens teeth...as sad as that is..You call them what you like , I'll call them unique and even iconic ,especially the performance and sports versions that we'll remember fondly and hang on to after October...Cheers Rod..
Old 05-07-2016, 08:24 PM   #27
OzJavelin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Unfortunately they are "unique" these days because no one wants them ..

.. much like tourers, roadster pickups, business coupes, etc were unique once people realised they were impractical for their use and had better options.

I'm not bashing Aussie build stuff (still own an FG ute), but looks like their time has come and gone ..
OzJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2016, 08:53 PM   #28
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
G'day..I have to disagree...WE ARE UNIQUE..There's no-one else like an Aussie , so is our Falcon these days in amongst a plethora of small SUV's , big SUV's, small front wheel drive cars and crossovers etc..New Falcons are as rare as hens teeth...as sad as that is..You call them what you like , I'll call them unique and even iconic ,especially the performance and sports versions that we'll remember fondly and hang on to after October...Cheers Rod..
In the jan/Feb 2007 Australian muscle car there is (was?) an article "top shelf muscle in demand". The cars were the Calais v, force 6 and 8, Wm caprice v8, grange, senator, ttg, 300c and the bf2 ghia. The article talks highly of the hsvs and the fpvs as is expected, had nice things to say about the v8 Calais v, yet had nothing nice to say about the 6 cylinder version, likening it to an ej holden, and surprisingly, with its "looking dated and even the dash looks out of another era" "it can deliver a soothing, comfortable drive home from work with enough mongral when you want it". The bf2 ghia of course didn't win the comparo, but considering that was said before they got to the v8, it poses the question. Will there be a practical car that fits between the sports car (mustang for arguments sake) and the booring car? With 5 seats that fit people, not 3 little people in the back, and can still go up hills unassisted
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2016, 08:56 PM   #29
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

What the car manufacturers need to do is stop telling the customers what they want.

I'm soon to be in a position where if I wanted, I could afford to be in the market for a new, fullsize RWD sedan or ute...... just a shame that what I want to buy in that segment isnt being catered for.

Why should I have to pay for tech packs, integrated this and automated that when i dont want it?
Old 05-07-2016, 09:17 PM   #30
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
What the car manufacturers need to do is stop telling the customers what they want.

I'm soon to be in a position where if I wanted, I could afford to be in the market for a new, fullsize RWD sedan or ute...... just a shame that what I want to buy in that segment isnt being catered for.

Why should I have to pay for tech packs, integrated this and automated that when i dont want it?
Its kind of funny in a way. My dad bought a high end audi for his girlfriend (the car he wanted...) anyhow, she killed the auto in her old mazda, destroyed the auto in his jag (changing gears manually all the time because she has always had a manual, and jags don't have any sort of reputation for reliability) and has turned off every single driving aid in the audi because it annoys her. When he bought the thing for a hundred and something thousand I said to him off the bat that he was better off buying a 2.7l tray back hilux 5 speed with wind up windows for 20k. He laughed, yet I reckon if he wasn't there and I traded his girlfriend my manual ranger for the audi (it is a nice car, but the q5 is small and still a diesel) I'd accept
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post