Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 29-05-2016, 09:18 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thumbs up Australian Motoring Enthusiasts Party Candidate : Speed Cameras are Ineffective..

"Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party candidate, motorcycle crash widow and passionate rider Judith Kuerschner says speed cameras are ineffective.

“A speed camera is completely ineffective in stopping the fatality that may occur several minutes after a vehicle has sped past. It’s like smacking a dog on the nose for pooping on your lawn two weeks after the fact,” says Judith whose husband died in a motorcycle crash.

Judith, who rides a Can-Am Spyder F3 and is running for the Senate in South Australia, says AMEP advocates for the acknowledgement of motorcyclists, particularly in the area of vulnerability and in the promotion of motorcycles as economical and environmentally friendly transport."
http://motorbikewriter.com/candidate...s-ineffective/
Old 29-05-2016, 09:36 AM   #2
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Default Re: Australian Motoring Enthusiasts Party Candidate : Speed Cameras are Ineffective..

In NSW speed and red light camera raise more than $1/2 million a day.

I'd rather that than an increase in GST.
Cav is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 29-05-2016, 09:45 AM   #3
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Australian Motoring Enthusiasts Party Candidate : Speed Cameras are Ineffective..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
In NSW speed and red light camera raise more than $1/2 million a day.

I'd rather that than an increase in GST.
Further proof that the cameras are nothing more than revenue raisers disguised as road safety.
Scotland is now sending out a warning notice , if over by no more than 5km/hr.
Old 29-05-2016, 12:50 PM   #4
DRU842
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There are some other important messages in the article:
" Judith is a strong supporter of improvements to both driver and rider education and training, with national consistency a priority in both road-user training and in road rules.

She says minimising government interference is a key value for the motoring enthusiast and motorcycling community, particularly the over-reliance by governments on speed cameras rather than visible policing to regulate road use and, allegedly, reduce road crashes and fatalities."
2017 Mustang Lightening Blue, Cobb Intercooler, CAI, AccessPort, Turbo Blanket & V2 Exhaust, Mishimoto Down-Pipe & Overflow Tank, GFB DV+, Custom CRD Tune. Ford Performance Short Throw Shifter & Strut Brace. DBA T3 Brakes & Pads. Braided Brake Lines. H&R Coilovers. Anderson CF Track Pack Spoiler & Tailgate Panel. Blue CF/Leather Steering Wheel.
DRU842 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-05-2016, 03:26 PM   #5
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Motoring enthusiast party are a bunch of muppets that will never be able to make changes to road rules, speed camera's, price of fuel, cost of registration etc , but are happy to be elected to the senate and collect $300k + a year to feather their own nests , pay off their mortgages and in the process do nothing.

Spare me the bull **** please
neptune blue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2016, 03:29 PM   #6
Sabantien
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by neptune blue View Post
Motoring enthusiast party are a bunch of muppets that will never be able to make changes to road rules, speed camera's, price of fuel, cost of registration etc , but are happy to be elected to the senate and collect $300k + a year to feather their own nests , pay off their mortgages and in the process do nothing.

I'm happy to do that too. I might run next election.
Sabantien is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-05-2016, 04:10 PM   #7
xtremerus
FG XR6T trayback

Quote:

So tell me which other current party stands up for motorist to push for changes that you mention?????
xtremerus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 29-05-2016, 04:20 PM   #8
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:

I think you could summarise up all political parties (especially the two majors) with that comment.

But you'd rather a bunch of Ricky Muirs representing us than some professional politician who has inherrited Daddies business from him or has been a lawyer/QC for the past 20 years before being elected.

At least Ricky knows what its like to be the average joe and out of work, he has a connection to us and some grounding in the real world.

Not some right or left wing extremeist who is the byproduct of todays universities or multinational companies.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2016, 07:33 PM   #9
Bill M
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Have a look at Senator Muir's activities, can you find another politician doing this with his passion for things automotive?

https://www.facebook.com/SenatorRickyMuir/

http://www.senatormuir.org.au/news

http://medialaunch.com.au/media-rele...s-at-warragul-

Cheers
Bill
This user likes this post:
Old 29-05-2016, 09:51 PM   #10
FPV+fteT3
Performance Inc.

We have Rob Bryden a member of my Lotus club running for NSW senate on the Motoring Enthusiast Party ticket. He's a car guy and a Lawyer perhaps you have heard of Brydens compensation lawyers? Rob built the business and sold it years ago to concentrate on his cars both race and historic types he would add some legal knowledge to the AMEP not to mention he is a car tragic. He is in complete agreement on the revenue cameras at least all their party agree on something and say the same thing.

FPV Super Pursuit Build no 0080/91
Lotus Exige S/C S240

Kart Hasse Chassis 100J Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Rental cars, the equipment of choice to get to destinations where 4WDs fear to drive......
FPV+fteT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-05-2016, 10:55 PM   #11
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Well that's it for me. Like a bloody fool I watched the debate. Well it wasn't a debate, just two old dog tired has been politicians giving answers they had prepared regardless of the question that was asked.

What a choice. Two men who have both knifed sitting Prime Ministers because they believed they would be better to lead Australia and ignoring the wishes of we the people. If we don't like our politicians it is we who get rid of them.

Boy, have I got some news for Malcolm and Bill. Neither of you will get my vote. It's time we the people took a stand and send a message to these losers that we need people of substance, principles and morality to lead our nation - not a bunch of back stabbing spin merchants who are in it for themselves.
Cav is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 29-05-2016, 11:44 PM   #12
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremerus View Post
So tell me which other current party stands up for motorist to push for changes that you mention?????
None

None of the major parties give a toss about us
And the muppets from the Motor enthusiast party can't influence the government

Did anyone's rego reduce because if Ricky's efforts ?
Anyone see any speed cameras come down?
Has he solved the fuel company collusion ?

They won't have and will never have the numbers

That's the unfortunate truth cos their aint enough of us

Last edited by neptune blue; 30-05-2016 at 12:01 AM.
Old 29-05-2016, 11:51 PM   #13
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
I think you could summarise up all political parties (especially the two majors) with that comment.

But you'd rather a bunch of Ricky Muirs representing us than some professional politician who has inherrited Daddies business from him or has been a lawyer/QC for the past 20 years before being elected.

At least Ricky knows what its like to be the average joe and out of work, he has a connection to us and some grounding in the real world.

Not some right or left wing extremeist who is the byproduct of todays universities or multinational companies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV+fteT3
We have Rob Bryden a member of my Lotus club running for NSW senate on the Motoring Enthusiast Party ticket. He's a car guy and a Lawyer perhaps you have heard of Brydens compensation lawyers? Rob built the business and sold it years ago to concentrate on his cars both race and historic types he would add some legal knowledge to the AMEP not to mention he is a car tragic. He is in complete agreement on the revenue cameras at least all their party agree on something and say the same thing.
Damo , here's the thing. Politicians may start out as wanting to change the world but the gravy train system they become apart of sucks most of them in and they just become another parasite with their hand out milking their position for whatever they can

Politicians of the last 15 years have been useless. Given the changes in the way the senate ballot is now done, its unlikely that the motor enthusiast party is going to expand . In fact I think its the end for them
4 users like this post:
Old 29-05-2016, 11:54 PM   #14
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV+fteT3 View Post
Cameras are here to stay. Governments are too addicted to the revenue. Doesn't mater how smart he is or how fast he can drive . He'd better not drive too fast or he will get pinged by a camera
Old 29-05-2016, 11:58 PM   #15
neptune blue
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill M View Post
Have a look at Senator Muir's activities, can you find another politician doing this with his passion for things automotive?

https://www.facebook.com/SenatorRickyMuir/

http://www.senatormuir.org.au/news

http://medialaunch.com.au/media-rele...s-at-warragul-

Cheers
Bill
Media releases and statements pfft. When I was working at TTS you could paper the walls with them. They have to been "seen"as doing something. I'd do it for 3 years and then get booted out. It would set me up nicely.
Old 30-05-2016, 12:05 AM   #16
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Damo , here's the thing. Politicians may start out as wanting to change the world but the gravy train system they become apart of sucks most of them in and they just become another parasite with their hand out milking their position for whatever they can

Politicians of the last 15 years have been useless. Given the changes in the way the senate ballot is now done, its unlikely that the motor enthusiast party is going to expand . In fact I think its the end for them
Here's an idea, remove the gravy train and all of the perks that end up costing the taxpayer millions. Only then will the political system not attract failed lawyers and other miscreants out to line their pockets. As the push won't come from those in the various houses of parliament, this needs to be put to a direct vote of the people because as it stands, a low quality system attracts low quality candidates.
Trump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-05-2016, 12:39 AM   #17
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And we wonder why, in so many peoples' minds, "Motoring Enthusiast" equates to "Bong-toting Bogan."
Old 30-05-2016, 01:31 PM   #18
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:

Agreed. Ricky Bobby has been an absolute fizzer in the same vein as Lord Bouncy Waffle of Wentworth.
Didn't Ricky Bobby vote to increase indexation on fuel? Some motoring enthusiast.

Quote: