Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-10-2015, 11:43 AM   #1
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Buying a new car deal issues

What is the go with all the stuff that can go on.

I signed up for a new car on 7/10/15, it's a demo that's been rego on the 31/8/15
I put the deposit down on it and thought I would get the car that day or the next but after I put down the deposit and all they say I can't get the car until 13/10/15.
I test drove a black one a week before (I don't want a black) and then found out they had a red one on gumtree with 10KM on the clock, so I rang the dealer up and said what's the go, it was a deal that did not go through because the other party could not get finance.

Now that's the spile, but maybe it's a lemon, something is wrong with it, damaged or something, I am thinking.
I have not seen the car yet.

They say they have sold that many cars that it will take 7 days to process the bloody thing.
I think that's B/S the bloody thing is rego and all, I can't believe that, as I think they are trying to hide something now

I am getting cold feet and will walk away from the deal is what I am thinking to do. it's a bad felling I am getting.

I have bought many a new car and never had to wait more than a day for the car to be rego and handed over

Am I right or just freaking out.
castellan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2015, 12:05 PM   #2
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 
Default Re: Buying a new car deal issues

Takes time to get them predelivered. But if you have no accessories (like tint) it should only be a few days. Sometimes they have to delay handing them over to get demo bonus too.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-10-2015, 12:11 PM   #3
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I bought a demo about lunchtime from a large dealer in Brisbane, drove it out about 4:30 that afternoon.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2015, 01:48 PM   #4
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
Takes time to get them predelivered. But if you have no accessories (like tint) it should only be a few days. Sometimes they have to delay handing them over to get demo bonus too.
I am getting no accessories at all.
It's got rego should of all been done I would think.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:54 PM   #5
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by castellan View Post
I am getting no accessories at all.
It's got rego should of all been done I would think.
Yes but as i said they cannot always retail a car until a certain date otherwise they do not get the demo discount from the manufacturer.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2015, 10:11 PM   #6
sneaky
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I bought a demo about 4 years ago so I can't remember the exact timing of things, but..

the car we bought was the only diesel demo the car yard had, i think we signed up for it but had to wait 2 weeks before we could take it because the car yard was waiting for another diesel demo to arrive to replace the one we bought.

could be something simple like the yard is waiting for a replacement of that model to turn up?
Old 09-10-2015, 10:19 PM   #7
Crazy Dazz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The problem is the way they operate, especially so now. You deal with a salesman, whose job is just to tell you whatever you need to hear to sign the offer, then you get handed to the Bling-*****, then the Business Manager to take your money, then the delivery coordinator. Nobody cares if that last person is overworked and days behind, because they have already stitched you up.

The issue if you bought the demo, is that they won't hand it over till they have another demo up and about, so in reality you are probably waiting for the new demo to be delivered and licensed.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:35 PM   #8
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

One of the sales guys or the manager will drive that car home every night. You probably can't get the car until his new car arrives as most are older obese chaps who dislike walking.
Top_Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2015, 11:06 PM   #9
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If u ask to see it shey should at least be able to show u detailed or not. But if u think it's a lemon now every time the slightest little thing goes wrong after u get hold of it then u will think the worst and never be happy with it. To that end, let it go Elsa.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:54 AM   #10
Big_Daz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
One of the sales guys or the manager will drive that car home every night. You probably can't get the car until his new car arrives as most are older obese chaps who dislike walking.
Great generalization... Well done.. But Anyway..

I was told when you buy a demo, once you sign a contract and put a deposit down it's no longer driven/test driven as its sold... Its what happened when I bought my FG.. It was a demo and I asked about it after one of the other salesman came and asked the one I was dealing with (after I'd paid a deposit and signed the contract) if he could have the keys as they had someone else who wanted a test drive of one... He said it was sold so old mate buggered off to try to find another demo for this person to drive...

Hers: 2024 Ford Everest Platinum in Equinox Bronze
His Daily: 2020 (MY21) Kia Sorento GT-Line in Mineral Blue
His Weekender: 2017 Commodore SSV Redline manual in Light My Fire Orange
Big_Daz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2015, 09:09 AM   #11
JVC063

I purchased a Demo car [Focus ST] been registered for 3 months, had 10 km on the clock on inspection, I fitted the number plates to the car myself when I drove it from the show room. The car was registered to allow the dealer to get more bonus, it was still in a holding yard. Inspected the car on a Friday and collected a few days latter as it still needed to go through pre delivery. Still had 10 km when collected. Only draw back was I lost 3 months rego, Warranty started the day I drove it home, savings in dollars over $7500 off the online list price, small price to pay.
JVC063 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2015, 12:08 PM   #12
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What happened was after I signed and handed over the cash deposit I was informed how many days till I could pick it up.

So I was like what !! the thing has rego what's going on.
I did not say anything at the time, but thought what the hell is going on that night, why the 7 days and all and started freaking out that something was wrong.

I am only trading my old car in because I did not want yobbos test driving my high performance car and loose control of it and wipe it out or me as it would be just so easy to do.

Turns out now they have this car at a holding yard and it's not rego, but the warranty started on 31/8/2015 and has 10 KM on it, so they say.
They say they have sold that many cars of late that they can't get them on the road fast enough.

But still I should of been informed of that before I signed up, as I had the cash to toss down directly and would not of signed up on that day if I knew about the 7 day wait.
I have better things to do than piddle about the place and have never had to wait more than a day with all the new cars I have bought before, so I thought that's the most unheard off thing I ever heard of.

There is bugger all to the pre delivery, hell I was even given a XG Longreach ute and they said the steering box was faulty, but they would correct that at the first service no problems.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:21 PM   #13
castellan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Dazz View Post
The problem is the way they operate, especially so now. You deal with a salesman, whose job is just to tell you whatever you need to hear to sign the offer, then you get handed to the Bling-*****, then the Business Manager to take your money, then the delivery coordinator. Nobody cares if that last person is overworked and days behind, because they have already stitched you up.

The issue if you bought the demo, is that they won't hand it over till they have another demo up and about, so in reality you are probably waiting for the new demo to be delivered and licensed.
They do have two demos their, one is an auto and the other is manual.
I drove the manual but did not want a black one as they are a pain to keep clean and you can see every scratch stick out like dogs b---- and if anyone leans on it I will freak out about it and I hate having too be make a fuss that way 24/7