Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 05-05-2014, 04:06 PM   #1
kelvinyhm
Starter Motor

Default Seriously need help...extended warranty

Someone called me from Ford Alto asking me time to service my car. I told them I've serviced it at Rockdale because they are close (Ford Alto). The lady told me they are not close and I have voided my warranty as per contract of the extended warranty. I told her thats not fair because I search the website and I cannot see Ford service centre or any Ford in Alto anymore (which they used to be there). She said I cannot do anything but they will continue to void my extended warranty.

What can I do? Is my intention to service at Ford Alto but I thought they were gone so I ended up service at other Ford centre. I think is not fair as I've paid around $1.6k for extended warranty. I felt so ripped off. Firstly I was shocked and disappointed that Alto Ford gone initially because I got my first 1000k service there and I like it there near my office.

Can someone advise? Urgent... sob sob

(posted in other forum too)

kelvinyhm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2014, 04:47 PM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Seriously need help...extended warranty

Those extended warranties aren't worth the paper they're written on, they're full of ****, might as well as wipe your *** with it dude.

They have some condition that the car has to always be serviced at that dealership, and then some go onto say they only cover the first thousand dollars on particular components etc.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-05-2014, 05:02 PM   #3
kelvinyhm
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
Those extended warranties aren't worth the paper they're written on, they're full of ****, might as well as wipe your *** with it dude.

They have some condition that the car has to always be serviced at that dealership, and then some go onto say they only cover the first thousand dollars on particular components etc.
I know many telling me about it. But I have already bought it 1 1/2 years ago and back then I had no problem because they are near my work place. Until I found out Ford gone from Alto Group some time ago but ONLY TODAY found out that their service center still there and been told warranty voided.

I have called Fair Trading but they told me if it's bound by contract, I can't do much. Sob sob....

This must be a biggest expensive mistake I've made. By knowing Ford gone from Alto Group, assuming the service center gone as well. Never thought it would be still there.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:49 PM   #4
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Hang on, 1600 is near what the factory backed ford warranty would cost. Isn't it?

Do you have the paper work for this extended warranty handy? What company provides it and what is the cost limitations imposed for claims?

I'm really hoping you weren't sold something that most dealers throw in for free....

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2014, 04:06 AM   #5
Copie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Hang on, 1600 is near what the factory backed ford warranty would cost. Isn't it?

Do you have the paper work for this extended warranty handy? What company provides it and what is the cost limitations imposed for claims?

I'm really hoping you weren't sold something that most dealers throw in for free....
Ford extended warranty isn't factory backed, it's an Allianz cover sold by ford.
Copie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2014, 03:17 PM   #6
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copie View Post
Ford extended warranty isn't factory backed, it's an Allianz cover sold by ford.
When I was buying my Focus they offered me a product that added 2 years warranty that was an exact extension of the standard Ford warranty. From what I recall there were no restrictions on service location or a stipulation to do additional servicing other than what the log book says.

It would have been around $1800. I declined it. A few months before my factory warranty ran out I got a letter from Ford again offering the same extended factory backed warranty.

That was what I was referring to. I assume it was a Ford backed product. Surprised that Allianz underwrite it.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2014, 11:09 AM   #7
kelvinyhm
Starter Motor

11ford11 is right. I double checked it was the dealer warranty and not by Ford. I've serviced my car few months back at other dealer.

I rang back a guy told me I've breach their terms. I'd ask if I can bring it back to them don't mind paying extra for additional service and answer is no. It was already breached. I explained the situation and he mentioned I should have called the number on the web (my mistake there).

Anyway, I got over it and the amount paid is $1459. Lots of money but not the end of world. Whinged to Mrs about it and she said is ok since we plan to change to 7 seater in coming 2 years and other service dealer is nearer to where she work which is pretty convenient too.

It was my first time purchasing a new car and I got talked into it by the sales guy. I'll be more careful next time.

As fair trading person advised, I think is not worth to open a case with them personally and to further the battle.

*Touchwood* after the gearbox issue fixed by other service dealer, the car is running well now. Finger crossed it'll run well for the next few years.

Thanks guys.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:31 AM   #8
ratter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Shares his in-depth tuning knowledge with the forum, very helpful. Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his indepth tutorial on adding borders to photographs 

nothing is for free, any freebies given are factored into the selling price and may appear to be free

Authorised Streetfighter, Pcmtec , SCT & HP Tuners Tuning Agent,
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-05-2014, 02:54 PM   #9
11ford11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

extended warranty is usually additional cover supplied by dealer not Ford and requires you to service thru them to maintain.
how far past warranty requirement considering she was ringing you -may still be able to have it done and not void warranty even if you have had service done elsewhere as you are only obliged to have there warranty service done to maintain extended warranty,you will have extra clean oil for awhile...not Factory warranty which is between you and Ford

talk to the service manager not the girl that rang and check that warranty is still valid if you have service carried out -
Question- if its not Ford workshop anymore how can they maintain correctly for items that require reprogramming etc or may have a Ford Factory recall or modification etc....

Last edited by 11ford11; 06-05-2014 at 03:00 PM.
11ford11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-05-2014, 09:33 PM   #10
11ford11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

kelvinyhm - !!!

dont know age of your vehicle But dont forget that this only affects your extended warranty NOT any Ford warranty you may have left on your vehicle !
11ford11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-05-2014, 09:35 AM   #11
kelvinyhm
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11ford11 View Post
kelvinyhm - !!!

dont know age of your vehicle But dont forget that this only affects your extended warranty NOT any Ford warranty you may have left on your vehicle !
copy that. car is 1 1/2 yrs old. so ford warranty still there ;)