Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 19-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Possible diagnosis please

I have a sudden onset miss and backfiring through the rear of the exhaust. Only on full acceleration and only happened in the last hour with no prior warning.

All plug leads are firmly on, coil pack appears tight and half a tank of fuel. Nothing happens under light acceleration. Suggestions .......

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Vincenzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #2
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 
Default Re: Possible diagnosis please

G'day Vincenzo, i'm thinking a lead or plug breaking down, fuel filter, obstructed injector or faulty coilpack. I hope its something simple, good luck!

cheers, Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 10:56 AM   #3
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Made a booking for the car to get checked. On the way to dropping it off this morning it ran perfectly with no miss. Mr Mechanic said he will just check a few of the plugs and fuel filter. Asked for the car to be serviced as well.

I also asked if he could look into my weird cruise control / ABS problem. Guess I will find out this afternoon what is happening.

Cheers Vincenzo

"WRC is for boys, Group B was for men" - Juha Kankkunen 4 times World Rally Champion

Romanes Eunt Domus - 'people called Romanes they go the house' - You mean Romani Ite Domum

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 23-05-2013, 11:54 PM   #4
Vincenzo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Misfire reared it's ugly head on the Mechanic's test drive - wonders never cease. Diagnosed as a faulty plug lead. Turned out the leads and plugs were the original OEM gear, so they lasted ~165,000km.

As for the weird cruise control / ABS light thingy, (L) side F/R brake sensors are faulty so both are on order.

Cheers Vincenzo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2 users like this post:
Old 24-05-2013, 11:12 PM   #5
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

nice and straight forward fix, just the way we like it , i have to say i`m a fan of the original factory leads, they are not a lot of money and give good service, ive had expensive after market ones on other cars over the years with mixed success.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: