Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 10-04-2013, 11:23 PM   #1
tezxr8man
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default AU 347 Tuning

has any body run into dramas tuning an AU with a 347 in it??
it has AFR185 heads 42psi injectors decent cam and all the other bits and peaces to go with it. My tuner is having dramas tuning with a tuner and the factory ECU. What is the best way to go from here??

tezxr8man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2013, 11:26 PM   #2
BOTTLEDUP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AU 347 Tuning

Moates Quarterhorse seems to be the unit of choice lately, where are you located?
BOTTLEDUP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2013, 01:55 AM   #3
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezxr8man View Post
My tuner is having dramas tuning with a tuner and the factory ECU. What is the best way to go from here??
What dramas is your tuner having? The EECV ecu is quite a powerful ECU. There is at least one example of S/C modular v8 on this site running on EECV.

I am running a Moates Quarterhorse on my 342 with AFR165s and more than decent cam. No dramas yet.

I guess more info would be handy as to what dramas your tuner is having?

Cheers
Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #4
tezxr8man
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Having dramas getting it to run smoothly and driveable with a flash tuner. lokking at going with a wolf v55o??? if he can't figure it out, He has been trying to work it out with herrods for a few days now with no solution. he said somehing about a fuel scaleing issue. it won't stop running real rich
Old 11-04-2013, 07:27 PM   #5
Cam
Stroking it...

If he can't get a 347 running properly with a flash tuner, you need a new tuner. Although if herrods are involved it's a step in the right direction.

DO NOT fork out for a wolf..
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #6
tezxr8man
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam View Post
If he can't get a 347 running properly with a flash tuner, you need a new tuner. Although if herrods are involved it's a step in the right direction.

DO NOT fork out for a wolf..
I kind of ran out of knowledge when it was put together, which would be the best way to go from here???
There really isn't to many clued on people up here with v8 fords it Townsville. every1 is either LS or xr6 turbo.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #7
Cam
Stroking it...

Waiting to hear back from a mate up that way, he has a turbo LS1 but will know if there's anyone up your way who is worth the trip. Is the car running well enough to drive it (sedately) somewhere?
Now: Busted assed EB Wagon - 5sp and Dual Fuel.

Last edited by Cam; 12-04-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #8
tezxr8man
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

not really driveable at all, idles fine but won't rev