Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 12:59 AM   #1
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default This won't end well...

Image from the floods in Rocky that's doing the rounds at the moment...

I heard...not confirmed...that the Falcon did in fact come to a stop and had to be pushed out of the water. No wonder...how it isn't sucking in heaps of water to the airbox is beyond me!

The excuse from the obviously embarrassed real estate was that the driver was "going to check on a renter who they hadn't been able to contact".
Erm...kind of thought that was the job of the police and emergency services...but anyway.

I wouldn't like to be the driver at work on monday morning...

EDIT: I just had it pointed out to me the guy in the background...he looks like he's waving down the ute to stop because if the house behind him is his, look how close to the water the front door is, and guess where the wave of water is going to go...? I've seen warnings from the council down there about people out sight seeing and causing waves of water to go into peoples houses and yards, and how they shouldn't do it.

Last edited by 2011G6E; 03-02-2013 at 01:05 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:19 AM   #2
SLO247
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: This won't end well...

Looks like its about to flood the engine. Idiot.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:24 AM   #3
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As I said, I don't know how he got that far. The airbox intake is right up there under the water if it's a six, not sure which side an eight is on, can't remember, but I don't think a work ute would be a V8. As I said, I heard it stopped, but not really sure. Wouldn't surprise me if it did.

And how good are the door seals around the bottom of the doors? I mean, I have no intention of ever finding out on our G6E...but I have a feeling that driver found out...
Old 03-02-2013, 04:46 AM   #4
Madaya
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Clueless Idiot.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:15 AM   #5
Thornie
Off smelting

I heard on the radio they were warning people to stay out of a certain area as the bow wave from cars was flooding peoples houses, can't recall the name of it atm.
Closed Thread