Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 26-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
xr6tjet
[AUT-747]

Default AU Falcon Driver's Window

Hey so,

for the past few months my drivers window has had a problem going up. Its asif it goes quarter way and slides forward too much and off the back 'rubber rail' and I have to push it back into the rear rubber and it goes up. It then goes up really slowly. After I wash the car the window works fine though.

Any advice??

cheers.

xr6tjet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #2
BHDOGS
Banned

Default Re: AU Falcon Driver's Window

Take of your door trim and check the rubber seals it runs along I had to glue a few back to the door to make them run straight and true
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #3
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

Graphite powder. Put it in the rubber runners, that'll fix them getting stuck.
Old 26-08-2012, 10:55 PM   #4
OffRoadFalcon
"Flooded it mate?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrghiawagon
Graphite powder. Put it in the rubber runners, that'll fix them getting stuck.
Temporarily.
Lasted about a month and a half for ours, then slowly returned to it's sluggish self.

Takes about half a minute to get the window up, often it stalls and I have to re-press the switch.
OffRoadFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2012, 11:05 PM   #5
XRGhia
meh.
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Contributions in the technical arena. 

I haven't had an issue in both my car, and the Fairlane. Both cars live outside 24x7 too...
Old 27-08-2012, 09:17 AM   #6
xr8ute
Back on the road

Mine does the same these days. Silicon spray used to help but not anymore.

I wonder if the bailey channel is worn out at the spot it gets stuck? Might need to remove it to see what is going on...

AU XR8 Ute 13.90 @ 100mph - http://www.aufalcon.com/xr8ute
5L Windsor, GT40X heads, Crane 2030, Pacey 4-1s, Lukey 3", 3.91:1, auto. Tuned by me w/Quarterhorse and BinaryEditor.

Coming Soon: Ported lower intake, Tickford "Premium" Brakes, and a good wash.
xr8ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2012, 10:45 AM   #7
Mr Hardware
Flairs - Truckers Delight

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: The excellent how to on LPG jet cleaning. 

CRC 808 Silicone spray
Old 27-08-2012, 11:06 AM   #8
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

G'day guys, my au was doing this, there are two clips that hold the window glass in place on the regulator, one of them has let go- thats why the window is sliding foward. Either go to Ford and get the clips or glue the clip back onto the window.

If glueing remove door trim & insulation, have a look towards the bottom of the window, there are two plastic white clips that hold the window glass to the regulator- lift the window up a bit, spot the problem clip usually the left one, put some superglue in the clip channel the window sits in (dont go overboard or the glue wont dry for ages) then push the glass back down into the clip channel then simply wind up the window all the way up till the glue dries (give it an hour or two). A bit of a dodgy repair but will last !

Every second time you wash your car spray silicon spray in all window channels even the top one.

cheers,Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #9
Swedishmoose

Hi guys....

what i usually do is pressing the rubber so the "gap" where the window slides up and down in widens a bit.

After every wash i spray a little silicone spray in the gap but NOT in the rubber part which touches the glass part.....for that I would strongly recommend graphite powder because any "wet" lubricant will attract more dirt and dust.

Sorry to change subject here for a moment.....

do I need a special tool to remove the interior mirror from its socket or is there a trick to get it of its slot? Do I have to press, pull twist somewhere special to get it off??

I don't wanna use too much force before I break anything...

And one more thing.....i have to get my c-pillar cover off but they break easily if handled wrong. Where do I pull first/ from top down to bottom or from back to front?

would be happy for a quick answer...

cheers

The Moose
Swedishmoose is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #10
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Embodiment of the AFF spirit in his efforts with ACP. 

G'day Moose, dont know about the mirror but the c pillar cover pull out from the top first.

cheers,Maka

Proud owner of a optioned keeper S1 Tickford Falcon AU XR6 VCT - "it's actually a better-balanced car than the XR8, goes almost as hard and uses about two-thirds of the fuel" (Drive.com 2007)
Old 27-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #11
xr6tjet
[AUT-747]

thanks fellas I will be having a look at the window tommorow and see what I can do to fix it. I thought it had something to do with the rubbers but we'll see.

cheers.
Old 29-08-2012, 02:48 PM   #12
xr6tjet
[AUT-747]

so I took the window apart and bought some silicon spray from bunnings. sprayed from the bottom of each rubber to the top on both sides and now the window just flows perfectly like a new car and its really fast too.

appreciate the help.
Old 29-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #13
OffRoadFalcon
"Flooded it mate?"

Glad its workig for you now!!!
Ive sprayed ours with silicon spray, worked for a month or something twice, now only lasts 4 days. Havent actually pulled it all to bits though.

Would be good to know how long it stays good for you!
OffRoadFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #14
kate648

I have to go to the wreckers today and find a bailey channel for the drivers window - I haven't removed one before, on a scale of 1-10 how much of a ***** is it? and what tools will I need?
kate648 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 03-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #15
Maka
Au Falcon = Mr Reliable

Welcome to AFF, its not that hard just take your whole toolbox with you. Once you remove the door trim you should be able to see what you need to do. Good luck with it!

cheers, Maka

Old 03-01-2013, 06:50 PM   #16
ben131185

i had the same problem a few years back, silicon spray has done the job ever since.
ben131185 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2013, 01:35 AM   #17
xr6tjet
[AUT-747]

The silicon spray works wonders. Still flowing like it did when I sprayed it a few months ago. I probably need to do all the other window channels too even though they are fine
Old 04-01-2013, 04:40 AM   #18
The Monty
Just slidin'

I just use tyre shine on mine, I think its pretty much the same thing.